The little things that make you LOVE GT SPORT.

England
St helens, merseyside, England.
crazybuttocks198
Crazybuttocks19
I made a thread in the past.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gs-that-you-find-annoying-in-gt-sport.375114/

I would like to do the opposite now. I would like to know what the little things are that make you love this game.

This is a thread where we can talk all that is positive about the game. This is not a thread where you crap on the game
(we have enough of that already). And not a thread to hate on other people.

With that out of the way i will start. I like how i can just jump into a sport race and its never the same as the last one.

How premium and how polished the game feels. Outside of the bugs, the game feels really well crafted to me, from the UI to the car models to the features. Maybe it’s not AS feature rich as previous GT games but what features there are, they’re high quality and really well made. Scapes alone keeps me entertained for ages. Not to mention the dynamic scenes in Brand Central, the Discover section, or just the UI in general which feels smooth, well made and aesthetically pleasing. All those things combine to make it feel so nice to navigate and play. Really brings the experience up for me.

Last edited:
I was worried about the TOM'S badge on the back of the new Lexus, but I was super pleased when after a new livery is started it disappears.

Those brave souls standing in their little huts by the side of the tracks or by the fences at the side of the Nordschleife with their green and yellow flags waving frantically at us as we drive past. I've noticed lately in the GT league, when I turn a corner and there's a yellow warning due to an AI driver spinning out, I look for the reassuring sight of the guy with his yellow flag. It's only a small thing but for a moment it always makes me feel I'm part of an actual race and the feeling of unpredictability. Yes, a lot of this is still scripted in GTS, but to me at least, still it feels like the game is less "on rails" than previous titles. The same feeling came to me last night playing the Super GT races for the first time and catching up to a group of 4 cars at Suzuka all jockeying for position in the run up to the Suzuka hairpin left. Some of this could be placebo as it's 3 years since I played GT6, but it all feels fresher, more exciting somehow right now.

There's still a lot more that can be done to improve things and the AI still is a long long way from perfect but it *feels* like progress is being made and things continue to evolve and improve.

Also, it's a minor detail but i spun the M3 first time out and watched back the replay. As I watched my avatar drive away his head was shaking berating himself for his mistake. Again it just added a bit more realism to me as I had said the same sort of thing to myself in real life.

Finally, another thing to me at the moment is the fact that they have met the 50 cars promise and added Monza and Tsukuba since release, along with the variants. Weirdly, apart from the Supra and Audi Vision GT we know nothing for sure about what comes next, but for the first time in years one of the little things i love about GT Sport is an intangible one, being a strong feeling that the best is yet to come... I will be interested to come back to this post in a year's time.

The menu music, the menu itself, the near photorealistic graphics, the very 'clean' physics (the opposite of Forza's which is very arcadey and makes you crash more*), the careful choice of cars and the amazing car models.

*I think this may actually be a problem with the camera, because i changed the camera in GTS to seem more like Forza's and I drove worse. Forza's traditional online "racing" may be because of just the camera. Interesting.

The shift alert in the Mazda RX-7's. I don't think any other game has the sound.
The ability to copy decals on one side of the car to the other. The lack of this feature was highly irritating in Need For Speed 2015.
The third person camera. If you change it up the right way, you feel like you're playing GT3.

I love the level of personalization you can do with cars in this game. You truly get this feeling of “owning” the cars when you can customize them. Whether it’s a racing livery, or transforming your car to look like something else, or replicating your real-life car, the livery editor is an amazing tool and I’m so glad PD finally introduced one. My only criticism is the current system can be limited. Certain cars have very few aftermarket wheel options (if any), the livery editor’s layer issues on high-detail cars (Bugatti VGT for example), and no aftermarket aerodynamics or body kits.

One small thing I would like to add: The ability to paint stock wheels. A few games prohibit you from doing this (Like Grand Theft Auto V) and it can be frustrating to deal with, especially if the other wheel options don’t look like the stock set.

Also, it's a minor detail but i spun the M3 first time out and watched back the replay. As I watched my avatar drive away his head was shaking berating himself for his mistake. Again it just added a bit more realism to me as I had said the same sort of thing to myself in real life.

Are you sure that your driver wasn’t looking at passing cars or the racing line? I’ve noticed players’ drivers looking at my car if I’ve parked closely next to them. You can also see this in go kart races with AI. They’ll be looking back and forth at cars near them.

The replay angles. I was critical that this game would have more riding alongside the car views, than stationary track camera views. One particular view, reminds me of the final Grand Valley scene, in GT1's intro. Watch the replay at Lago Centre II. The camera moves with the car at worm's eye view, from the final turn, across the finish line and to the uphill grade to turn 1, like at Grand Valley(II/reverse). Homage to Grand Valley? Maybe not, but really cool detail.

The driving model. While I appreciate the fine detail work PD does with the cars, there just isn't a game that I find more fun to DRIVE than GTS. I love Project Cars 2 and the amount of tracks they have but the driving model just doesn't feel quite as good as I like. PD just nails the driving and that's why I just can't ever get enough of actually playing GTS and just getting lost in doing time trial runs.

I made a thread in the past.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gs-that-you-find-annoying-in-gt-sport.375114/

I would like to do the opposite now. I would like to know what the little things are that make you love this game.

This is a thread where we can talk all that is positive about the game. This is not a thread where you crap on the game
(we have enough of that already). And not a thread to hate on other people.

With that out of the way i will start. I like how i can just jump into a sport race and its never the same as the last one.

Sport Mode with clean fast racers going bumper to bumper whether in 1st or 18th is just sublime.

I also like the ability to use a keyboard to get access to replay control that allows users to switch camera views without bringing up the replay menu. It' a great tool for content creators. You can even remove the floating names.

I just wish they would add a ticker that would show names, positions and intervals. It would look like a real broadcast. These graphics are gorgeous.

Kaz's face when I see it
images (29)-1.jpg

Don't ask why I have the picture in the first place

When it’s the last lap of a long, hard fought race. You’re coming onto the final straight after many minutes or even hours of concentrated driving, and your pit crew is hanging over the side of the pit wall cheering you on as you cross the finish line. As far as I’m aware, it’s the only game that has this detail, and it really makes you feel good after you win.

Also, some other small trackside details such as the Tokyo monorails, the Blue Moon airport, the Monza jet fighter flyover and the kangaroos at Bathurst.

Brand Central. Poly is the best when it comes to the premium experience. With the right song, it's like being in an art gallery.
(Please Poly, add more options to brand central like a free 3D camera, more camera views and the 3 places visible in the menu like the wind tunnel, designer house...)

Although I wish they let you go above 15KB file sizes, I think the decal uploader is a great idea and should be kept around indefinitely for every GT iteration. As others have expressed, I have also spent a great deal of time in the livery editor as well as the Scapes mode. The attention to every minute detail in game is also impressive. Being able to zoom in on the cockpit of a car and see little details, like the texture on a steering wheel wrapped in suede and see the individual fibers, is amazing.

Back