THE LOBANARO LOUNGE - PCars2 test night Sept 25PS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 812 comments
Canada
Merrickville, Ont.
aerolite
logo 2.jpg

Welcome to "The Lobanaro Lounge".
We have just moved to an open thread from a private conversation after 15 weeks of racing. There are a few more options available here, and it will now allow others to find us a little easier.
We are a group of like minded clean racers who just want a fun night of good race craft and good banter. We are not that serious and not a very politically correct room, so if you don't have a thick skin and can't handle some good natured ribbing, then this might not be the place for you! At the same time, we will not put up with anyone who disrespects another on track, or one who does not follow good race craft protocol. If you would like to join us, post in this thread and tag both myself, Aero, @aerolite and Mike, @Mike Lobban .

When:
  • Monday nights at 8 pm EDT. (UTC-4)

What:

Each week is a clean slate, points will be awarded, but only for bragging rights over the next week.

Each week we will supply two cars, of which you will vote on one for the following week. (report#2)

The night will be at one track, which will not be known until the room opens the night of the race. (Different layouts, time and weather can change).

Every once in a while we will run a different format just to change things up.

We are leaving tuning on, mainly so fuel qty can be set. As the track will not be known, it will promote just setting a base tune, which can be easily retrieved from: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar
We don't want people to fret over tuning, so just grab a base tune, or not, and forget about it.
You can also get FFB settings here: http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars

Format:
  • Three 30 minute races

• Lobby opens at 8pm est.

• 8:00 to 8:45 – practice. (Conditions set to Race 1)

• 5 min warm up – set pit stop strategy

• Race 1 (8:50) – 30 minutes - Grid start set from overall standings. (see note below)

• Set next track layout, time and weather – 10 min warm up/break/set PSS

• Race 2 – 30 minutes – Reverse Grid, rolling start

• Set next track layout, time and weather – 10 min warm up/break/set PSS

• Race 3 – 30 minutes – Reverse Grid from race 2, rolling start
Main Settings:
  • Damage – Visual Only

• Mech Failures – OFF

• Tire Wear – x2

• Fuel – Real

• Penalties - ON

Race #1 Start.
Each week an active drivers current overall standings will be posted. If your weekly average is 5.99 or less you will be in Group A, if it's 6.00 or greater then you will be in group B.
There will be no qualifying, just a 45 minute practice. The grid will be set according to your ranking, with the highest avg # in Group B in pole and so on down the line. Group A will then form up right behind B, with the highest avg # driver next in line and so on down the list.
Once everyone is in position, the pole sitter will call "Green, Green, Green" and all in Group B start racing. Group A will wait for a predetermined amount of time before the leader of A then calls "Green, Green, Green" and A starts racing. As soon as you here your start being called you go.
The rest of the nights races will be reverse grid as usual with no delay.

Mandatory one pit stop. All cars must start with the weeks announced max litres of fuel, or less if desired, (this will change each week). We will be able to tell if anyone has set fuel higher by the extra laps done. Up to you to figure out how much fuel is needed for the rest of the race. Tires should last but there will be some wear, it is up to you if you want to change them or not.

We will start exactly on time, if you can't make it on time please just wait and join for Race 2.

Active/Inactive drivers.
Active drivers have priority to get into the race, up until 8:30 pm on race night.
Any driver who has not raced in the last four events will be put in the Inactive Drivers List and will not get an invite on race night. You will need to let us know, preferably before the evening races starts, if you want to join and we will send you an invite. List is in Report #4.

Disclaimer: As we, (Lobban and Aero), will be picking the tracks, we will only run enough laps to make sure the cars are fun to drive there and that's it. You have it on our honour that we will not look at the track again until you see it on race night.

Race Night Lobby Settings

Structure & Sessions:

• Privacy - Private
    • Event Length - Timed 30 Minutes or appropriate # of laps if weather changes.
    • Maximum Grid Size - 16
    • Max Number of Human Opponents - 15
    • Fill with AI Opponents - No
    • Opponent Skill -n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Opponents all Identical Car - Yes
    • Car Class - Same
    • Rolling Start - No
    • Practice and Qualifying for race 1 - 45min
    • Warm up - 5 mins after P&Q, 10 min's before race 2 & 3
    • Mandatory Pit Stop - Yes 1 stop
Conditions

• Not known until race night
Restrictions

• Force Interior View - No
    • Force Manual Gears - No
    • Force Realistic Driving Aids -YES
    • Force Default Setups - No
    • Allow ABS - n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Allow Stability Control -n/a (this entry has no effect)
    • Allow Traction Control -n/a (this entry has no effect)

• Damage - Visual
    • Mechanical Failures - No
    • Tire Wear - x2
    • Fuel Usage - Real
    • Auto Start Engine - Yes
    • Flags and Penalties - Yes
    • Allow Ghosted Vehicles - NO

Last edited:
This week will be another no vote for a car.
Monday Sept 18th, we will be running the three Group A cars.

Race 1 we all race the BMW M3 E30

Race 2 we all race the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth

Race 3 we all race the Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution2 DTM

All at the same track. There are now 5 tracks left that we have not raced at, (we don't include Laguna Seca), we will be at one of those. :D

Last edited:
The "Awesomeness" Post :D (points are just for fun, slate wiped clean each week)
Named after Mike "I am awesome" Lobban!

Congrats to @RobbiefromBC , this weeks "Mr. Awesome" :cheers:

Wk26-Sept 11 Results.JPG

Wk1-March 20 Results.JPG
Wk2-March 27 Results.JPG
Wk3-April 3 Results.JPG
Wk4-April 10 Results.JPG
Wk5-April 17 Results.JPG
Wk6-April 24 Results.JPG
Wk7-May 1 Results.JPG
Wk8-May 8 Results.JPG

There was only three official teams in this event, with the two old Limy's taking the win!
1- Aero & Bear - 123
2- SGETI & Lobban - 101
3- Samh & GR8 - 97

Wk9-May 15 Results.JPG
Wk10-May 22 Results.JPG
Wk11-May 29 Results.JPG
Wk12-June 5 Results.JPG
Wk13-June 12 Results.JPG
Wk14-June 19 Results.JPG

wk15-june-26-results-jpg.656755

Wk16-July 3 Results.JPG
Wk17-July 10 Results.JPG

Wk18-July 17 Results.JPG
Wk19-July 24 Results.JPG

Wk20-July 31 Results.JPG
Wk21-Aug 7 Results.JPG

Wk22-Aug 14 Results.JPG
Wk23-Aug 21 Results.JPG

Wk24-Aug 28 Results.JPG
Wk25-Sept 4 Results.JPG

Last edited:
Active/Inactive drivers.
Active drivers have priority to get into the race, up until 8:30 pm on race night.
Any driver who has not raced in the last four events will be put in the Inactive Drivers List and will not get an invite on race night. You will need to let us know, preferably before the evening races starts, if you want to join and we will send you an invite.

Active drivers list.

@Mike Lobban
@aerolite,
@Alex ONeill
@Awaffle14
@coltsjugg
@davidt33
@Eh Team
@Gr8_Lakes
@GTLehman
@GUTTERBOY3007
@JoeW
@McTrucker
@mexxifrieboy
@mphile77
@Rednose58
@RobbiefromBC
@SAMHAIN85
@SGETI
@sgohsixthree
@Xradkins
@XxGrimxX
@yogi bear
@Zii1993

Inactive Drivers.

@mav0016
@JamCar0ne
@racer420
@HazardLvL4
@irmopars
@TomMang_68
Trapmusic123
F1Maddness
hawk
WOG
Missdevious
Boomer
hobbs

Last edited:
Welcome Wankers to the new thread. As the regular guys will attest, this format is fun, a lot of fun and we would like to fill the room every week with guys (and girls), who's goal is to have that fun without the pressure to win at all costs. This might be a good place for new PCars owners to dip their feet into the game.

We don't run an IR system, but, if someone is constantly being a Dik, we know how to remove him or her...that's about as PC I will ever get...... If you are legitimately trying your hardest to fit in and get better, you will be welcome to suck the brains of the veterans for information.

We run a very tight ship time wise to make sure all racing is done by 11:00

At the moment we will have to keep the race night room to a first come first served basis. If the demand for another room is warranted, we will see what can be done to accommodate everyone.

more to come here later.

Last edited:
You guys are so silly, but I like that!

Voting for next weeks car is very close at the present, hope to see a few more votes before the deadline noon tomorrow.

I like turtles.
Shouldn't it have been sheep?

Well this is interesting, with 35 min's left for voting we have 12 votes in (not including the double voting by Bear and Sam!). And we are tied. So if there is still a tie come noon, then we will use the car that the highest placed voter from this past Mondays race night voted for. That would be Mcinnis.

Edit: Vote was still tied at deadline so the above holds. See Report #2 for result. The Radical will return soon for another vote, it will make for a great race night as well. I'm looking forward to the Ginetta though!

Last edited:
Got this from another thread http://www.projectcarsgame.com/news...game-race-settings-for-project-cars-2?lang=en
It just keeps getting better, looking forward to it!
This looks "Awesome". We can watch Bears pit crew screw up live.
I can't wait to run Indy. Too bad we are still stuck with 16 cars on the PS4. I also wonder if the game chat has been improved, although it hasn't been too bad lately. How about restrictor NASCAR racing, a big pack would be a blast.

I don't like to be mean,(I do), but there is one guy who need not apply to enter the lounge......no names ( yes I know your real name) or handles, but you know who you are.. I see you lurking in the weeds and I have my inner keyboard bully Ninja drooling buckets to troll the eye choch out of you if you decide you want to bring your insanity into our group.
Not on my watch.

Last edited:
Back