THE LOBANARO LOUNGE - PCars2 test night Sept 25PS4 

• Thread starter aerolite
  • 812 comments
Trying to think of the positives of airing dirty laundry in public...

Post count of your series goes up...that's a plus right?

All those not involved get free entertainment...even Maximus liked to entertain his fellow Romans!

Um...damn...drawing a blank trying to find the positives. And I'm a semi Pro pot stirrer :)

LOL Joe. You are just so encourageable. haha

All right, maybe you guys can give me some ideas. I was stuck in court all day waiting to testify (as the arresting officer, not the defendant...you pack of mongrels). So I was surfing around watching race videos. I figured I'd hit up the group to see if there's any race series I've been missing that you guys might know about. Here are some of my favorites:

Current series:
-GT3 class (no explanation needed)
-Touring Car Masters: Australian series with old muscle cars but equipped with modern engines & suspensions.
-Isle of Man TT: 200 mph on motorcycles around public roads. Riders start 10 seconds apart and race the clock.
-North West 200: similar to above but in Ireland and all the riders start at once.
-24hours of Le Mans/WEC

Older Series:
-1985-1992 DTM (German Touring Cars). BMW M3 vs Mercedes 190 2.5-16 vs Ford Sierra.
-1980s Group B Rally cars. They didn't call them Killer Bs for nothing. 0-60 in 2.5 on gravel and suicidal crowds.
-Late 60s to mid 70s CAN-AM racing. Mighty Porsche 917.
-Late 80s to mid 90s IMSA GTP/GTO/GTU. Some incredible cars and battles.
-Mid to late 80s 500cc Grand Prix motorcycle racing. Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz, Freddie Spencer and Mick Doohan. Motorcycle racing will never be that good again.
-50s to mid 60s F1, then 80s to mid 90s F1.
-Late 60s to early 70s Trans Am series.

What racing series have I been missing? Please don't say NASCAR. I know it's popular, but other than when they're on a road course I only watch the last 15 minutes. Any good WW2 air races, or...???

Last edited:
All right, maybe you guys can give me some ideas. I was stuck in court all day waiting to testify (as the arresting officer, not the defendant...you pack of mongrels). So I was surfing around watching race videos. I figured I'd hit up the group to see if there's any race series I've been missing that you guys might know about. Here are some of my favorites:

Current series:
-Touring Car Masters: Australian series with old muscle cars but equipped with modern engines & suspensions.
-Isle of Man TT: 200 mph on motorcycles around public roads. Riders start 10 seconds apart and race the clock.
-North West 200: similar to above but in Ireland and all the riders start at once.
-24hours of Le Mans/WEC

Older Series:
-1985-1992 DTM (German Touring Cars). BMW M3 vs Mercedes 190 2.5-16 vs Ford Sierra.
-1980s Group B Rally cars. They didn't call them Killer Bs for nothing. 0-60 in 2.5 on gravel and suicidal crowds.
-Late 60s to mid 70s CAN-AM racing. Mighty Porsche 917.
-Late 80s to mid 90s IMSA GTP/GTO/GTU. Some incredible cars and battles.
-Mid to late 80s 500cc Grand Prix motorcycle racing. Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwanz, Freddie Spencer and Mick Doohan. Motorcycle racing will never be that good again.
-50s to mid 60s F1, then 80s to mid 90s F1.
-Late 60s to early 70s Trans Am series.

What racing series have I been missing? Please don't say NASCAR. I know it's popular, but other than when they're on a road course I only watch the last 15 minutes. Any good WW2 air races, or...???
Actually the 80s can am racing was good too, small block Chevy powered, plus they had b sports racing in there too, 300 hp. 2 liter twin cam 16 valve engines in 800 lb cars. On the shorter tracks they gave the v8s a run for their money, some of the drivers were Geoff Brabham, Al Holbert, Elliot Forbes Robinson. .......

Those Group-B's...holy hell. Theres another really good highlight with Metallica's Sandman that I'd always re-watch over the years, but this one is even better.

Speaking of IMSA, maybe you guys heard me ask if @Alex ONeill went to the fair this year in the lobby... our fairgrounds used to host some IMSA races. I remember going to one in the early 90s, but just vaugely I was like 5. Heres a lap around the "circuit", its literally in the parking lot.

Late 80s early 90s BTCC was epic, and Mansell also put on some good shows there too. This clip will always be one of my favorites

And I think I found some footage of you on the beat Gutter.

Well, in digital form. These guys are role playing Grand Theft Auto and the "cop" is actually a real cop and hes as witty and quick as you are Gutter, mixed in with a little R Lee Ermey.

I asked @Mike Lobban if he had fixed his modem, and that we even restarted the lobby for the 3rd race for him. His response?

Td64CnX.png

"I'm going for 1st next week Wanker!"

Those Group-B's...holy hell. Theres another really good highlight with Metallica's Sandman that I'd always re-watch over the years, but this one is even better.

Speaking of IMSA, maybe you guys heard me ask if @Alex ONeill went to the fair this year in the lobby... our fairgrounds used to host some IMSA races. I remember going to one in the early 90s, but just vaugely I was like 5. Heres a lap around the "circuit", its literally in the parking lot.

Late 80s early 90s BTCC was epic, and Mansell also put on some good shows there too. This clip will always be one of my favorites

And I think I found some footage of you on the beat Gutter.

Well, in digital form. These guys are role playing Grand Theft Auto and the "cop" is actually a real cop and hes as witty and quick as you are Gutter, mixed in with a little R Lee Ermey.

Two of my favorite GT6 cars are the Audi Pike's Peak and Ford RS2000. Especially at Andalucia - freaking monsters and fun as hell! THAT is what passion is all about.

Now... why is it that the twa.. morons on the PCars public rooms, who always have their mikes on and run everyone else off the road are always called 'Omar'. What is it with that name? Turn your dang mike off Omar!!

Screwit, reckon I will just run the Lotus 72 at Nordschliefe - Emmo ain't got nuthin' on me....

In Georgia for my son's tournament through Monday so I will be unable to race Monday night...and the next week I'm in Ponte Vedra beach for a multi family vacation. So see you guys in a couple weeks :)

Will be posting info on tonight a bit later this afternoon.

In the meantime, here's some video from the weekend.

Turn 3 stands, see them coming down hill into 2, then thru 3 and head off to 4. Awesome passing action all day!

Sitting at Moss (5a&b)

Ford GT was awesome! Just before I started video the car raised up on it's air jacks, takes a few seconds and then will come down.
If you look just in front of the rear wheel you will see an LED number plate. All the cars have this, it's new this year. During qualy and the race it will display what position the car is in. One of the coolest things I've seen in racing, so helpful!

The paint on these was incredible.

Last edited:
Race day!!

So something a bit different again tonight because we will be taking the Radical SR3-RS to Mojave. Just like we did for the races at the coasts a few weeks ago we will have to do the same thing for Mojave. I've just cut and pasted most of the info from that night.

There are a few places with no practice or qualy for racing, as soon as you start the session you are at the race start, so they are rarely used. The Mojave tracks are one of these.

**The problem is the no practice/qualy before a race. So we will wait for people to join (will send out invites a little earlier, 7:45), and a short time after 8 we will start a short practice race. If you are not in the room when we start, just wait for the practice race to end, then join. We will then wait for at least 5 mins so more people can join. Then we run another practice race and repeat that process. We will do this as much as time allows. The last time we do it, with hopefully all in the room, we will use that as the qualifier. If anyone misses any of this then you can still join at any time but will start at the back.

Race 1 will then be a rolling start so we can get in position from the race we used as qualy. The rest of the night will be reverse order as usual.

Only need max 10 litres of fuel for the races tonight. No pitstops here.

We will guide you through all this, it's pretty easy. The SRM guys did this for Mojave and it worked out well.
The main thing is **

See you all tonight!

Last edited:
Hey fellas, I was looking around for active PCars groups to get some racing in before the new game comes out in September. Any room for a n00b tonight?

Current series:

I saw isle of man and north west 200 and ****** in my pants... may need more input towards this lol

whatever i said before this

Just have to post this. You think PCars 2 manual pit stops will have this option?

See y'all in a few hours. Hope y'all are pickin' up what I'm puttin' down!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back