The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments
NoQuarter
You may have to hold the button combo(s) down for a few seconds...for the 900 Degree unlock, you'll see the right Green LED at the top of hub flicker. For the FF unlock/change You'll see the left Green LED blink and you may feel the wheel "twitch" a bit.

@ Smallhorses - I've always used a wheel, so much that I can't drive with the DS2 at all (and I suck at GT2 and GT1 for that reason). AFAIK, most of the fast drivers have made the transition to the wheel over the last year or so, either the MOMO or more recently the DF Pro...There's still some debate over whether the very top drivers are faster with DS2 or a wheel, but I think all will agree that the wheel is a more immersive experience ;)

has anyone ever tried using the momo(for pc) on the ps2? its the only decent wheel where i live. i tried ordering the dfp online but they dont ship to far flung countries!!! :grumpy:

Actually, I used a MOMO for about a year and a half on GT3, and it worked great. Unfortunately, it will not be supported by GT4, so I moved up to the DF Pro..

NoQuarter
Actually, I used a MOMO for about a year and a half on GT3, and it worked great. Unfortunately, it will not be supported by GT4, so I moved up to the DF Pro..
do the programmable buttons still have some function?

I got my Force Pro today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) wow! I works great with GT3 and C.Mcrae3. I can't wait to try it with GT4 in november.

:confused:
bmw5150
I got my Force Pro today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) wow! I works great with GT3 and C.Mcrae3. I can't wait to try it with GT4 in november.
have u try the code to unlock to 900 mode in GT3...i also just got my wheel 2 week ago...i think the 900 mode is mess up i cant switch it over..

skyazen
have u try the code to unlock to 900 mode in GT3...i also just got my wheel 2 week ago...i think the 900 mode is mess up i cant switch it over..

Your wheel should switich back over when you cut off the power supplying it.

bmw5150
What are the released games (PC and PS2) that the Driving Force Pro works best?

You have to Download a program from www.logitech.com to make the wheel work for PC. LiveForSpeed and Gran Prix Legends are the games I tried it with and work great.

Smallhorses
Is a wheel seriously necessary? :dunce:
Maybe you guys can help me out? ;)
I'm a Div One racer in weekly series, but I always seem to be a second or so behind the top guys like Mr P, GoKents and Unified. :scared:
I've been a devout D-padder from original PSone and GT1 days, and I've never tried a wheel. :nervous:
How much difference does it make? I've never used the analogue sticks to any great effect, as I'm quicker with the old D-pad. :confused:
How much of a difference do you folks & folkesses with wheels reckon it made to you guys, over the D-pad? :P
Answers in seconds/per lap please! :rolleyes:
:cheers:

I've noticed that the game responds quicker to the D-pad rather than the steering wheel itself. Thats why people use the D-Pad cause they are quicker with it. But a Steering adds more happiness hours to the game than the D-Pad. I've been using the D-Pad more myself these days though.

I'm nastier with the d=pad, but I enjoy the wheel much more. It's fun trying to out-do your times with the pad. Also, I found this fun. Try doing a lap with 200 degree mode on, then switch to 900. Do one lap with 900, no matter how bad you are. Just stick with it. At the end of that lap, switch to 200. You'll find that your time is much better (2-3 sec.) than your first lap. No idea why though....:odd:

skyazen

900 makes it harder on GT3... to switch over just press the same combination you used to turn it on.

Darin
You have to Download a program from www.logitech.com to make the wheel work for PC. LiveForSpeed and Gran Prix Legends are the games I tried it with and work great.

What software do I need to download????? I didn't find anything specific for the driving force pro. I first searched around the download section and all I find is software for different wheels. Then I went and looked at the driving force page and they don't say anything about it. Thanks for any help with this. :scared:

I bought the wheel today and when i steer, the steering wheel control it for me. It's weird. And i can't unlock the 900 degrees mode.

Edit : I found the 900 degrees mode, and i know why it control, it's because of the feedback... I understand now, all i need is pratice 900 degrees mode with drifts. Really nice wheels!

For the people who have hooked up this wheel to the PC, does it still have the vubration / force feedback support in say, Live for speed?

fuc847
For the people who have hooked up this wheel to the PC, does it still have the vubration / force feedback support in say, Live for speed?

Yes, everything works like it is. But on PC, I think the force feedback is stronger than the PS2.

bmw5150
Did anybody try the wheel with the GTR(demo)? Does it work well with F1 career challenge or F1 2002?

GTR demo? Never heard of it.

But the wheel works fine with F1 Career Challenge. And if it works with F1CC, it must work fine with F1 2002.

I updated the first post. The listed games in that list are what Logitech says can be used by the DF and the DFP. Enjoy!

i find the steering on the DFP for GT3 almost harder than a normal car. i changed the steering assist through each one - beginner to simulation and still dont notice any difference. anyone notice any difference? i have yet to try this game on GTC

also, are the steering ratios correct for each car? for instance..a lancer evolutions steering ratio is much more aggressive than say, a civics.

EDIT: i also noticed there is a decent amount of play in the steering wheel before it actually starts turning :( . hopefully they will make this change in gt4..

d3wu
i find the steering on the DFP for GT3 almost harder than a normal car. i changed the steering assist through each one - beginner to simulation and still dont notice any difference. anyone notice any difference? i have yet to try this game on GTC

also, are the steering ratios correct for each car? for instance..a lancer evolutions steering ratio is much more aggressive than say, a civics.

EDIT: i also noticed there is a decent amount of play in the steering wheel before it actually starts turning :( . hopefully they will make this change in gt4..

From what I've driven with the wheel, the Lancer's are more aggressive than Civic's, but the Zonda just is suicide.

But its is harder than a normal car. But in a normal car you're not a race track doing 150 through corners on the road aren't we?

Ryosuke_Gumna
I bought the wheel today and when i steer, the steering wheel control it for me. It's weird. And i can't unlock the 900 degrees mode.

Edit : I found the 900 degrees mode, and i know why it control, it's because of the feedback... I understand now, all i need is pratice 900 degrees mode with drifts. Really nice wheels!

Ryosuke_Gunma, I cannot really answer your question. If your having problems switiching to 900 mode, call Logitech.

But when I bought the wheel last time, and I switiched to 900 degree mode. Thats when my problems started for the first wheel. The wheel was not responding, the pedals were not responding... it was a complete horror until I got sick of it, and called Logitech.

But logitech will do everything to help out, They'll be your experts.

MaTeJ^
Hey, does 900 Deegre mode works with PC too?

Greets. :)

Yes it does.

Welcome to GTP also. Have fun here man.

And if you have any questions about the wheel, look in Post #1 and see if its not in there first. ;)

Ok. I have one more question. If i have Force Feedback already at 100% in game, and the i turn on 100% Force Feedback mode on wheel is then FF more strong or not? :)

MaTeJ^
Ok. I have one more question. If i have Force Feedback already at 100% in game, and the i turn on 100% Force Feedback mode on wheel is then FF more strong or not? :)

I don't understand what you mean.

The game don't have a "force feedback" setting. The wheel has a 60% to 100% Force Feedback ratio. You only can change it on the wheel.

Now can can go into the game and turn off the Force Feedback option in GT3. But I don't know of any games that you can adjust the force feedback anywhere.

Ok i didn't know that cause i'm new in the GT and PS2. But as i remember i can adjust FF in PC games. Do you tested wheel on LFS, is driving with 900 degree mode better than with 200 deegre?

Greets. :)

Back