The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments
I race with the wheel at 900 Degrees in LFS. its fun. But alot harder, but still alot more more fun.

I perfer 200 degree modes if thats what the game requires. Like GT3, I don't use 900 in that game.

Ok, how about ff in LFS? If i put Force strenght to 100 in LFS, does DFpro automaticly switches to 100% ff mode, or i can further adjust to 100% mode for even more strong ff.

Tnx 4 answers.

You gotta press the combonation of buttons list in post #1 to set it to 100% like you do in LFS. But you also gotta Download that program and then set up your wheel so it works in LFS. its complicated.

I have the wheel (DFPro), I like it a lot; but does anybody have it for long enough to say how long they will last? Does anybody have any play in it already? I read a couple of reviews that stressed the fact that the wheel DOES GET A WOBBLE to it after some time. Anybody has the GT-force (GT3)? How does that behave after years of driving? Thanks for any help on this matter.

bmw5150
I have the wheel (DFPro), I like it a lot; but does anybody have it for long enough to say how long they will last? Does anybody have any play in it already? I read a couple of reviews that stressed the fact that the wheel DOES GET A WOBBLE to it after some time. Anybody has the GT-force (GT3)? How does that behave after years of driving? Thanks for any help on this matter.

Well, the wheel just came out in November, and i've had it since January. I've only had 1 error with the DFP since then and that was the Gas pedal not responding at times and the wheel cutting of and not responding also. I haven't seen a "wobble" to my old DFP at all.

I never had the GT Force, so I'm sure who ever has it can answer it. I have the Driving Force which is the same as the GT-Force. But I think that wheel really sucked.

Darin
Well, the wheel just came out in November, and i've had it since January. I've only had 1 error with the DFP since then and that was the Gas pedal not responding at times and the wheel cutting of and not responding also. I haven't seen a "wobble" to my old DFP at all.

I never had the GT Force, so I'm sure who ever has it can answer it. I have the Driving Force which is the same as the GT-Force. But I think that wheel really sucked.

sorry, I meant the Driving Force, not GT-Force. I only compared them because they seem to have a lot in common, even tough the DFPro is the next step up.

Its like 3 steps up is the DFP.

The Driving Force and GT-Force are one. Same wheel just the GT-Force had the GT logo on it.

I have the Logitech Driving Force Pro too!!! ^_^
its just amazing, i paid like $110 USD(new, via amazon.com)+ the travel from Mexico to US. to pick it up... its really worth the price for the experience you get when driving with this instead of the Dual Shock 2 controller. ( even my girlfriend plays GT3 now, and she didnt like the driving games, but driving with this kind of force feedback wheel , the pedals, the shift , it changes a lot of things..)

The force feedback its very good , very strong motor. Its simply adds more challenge to your game, the presision control over the angle of the turn, the GAS and BRAKE, w00t!! and its addictive.. beware my friends.. maybe you can never drive again with a Dual Shock Controller..

I havent tried on the PC with the other wheel drivers, since i dont have a good game to test it.

Regards!!

[[eRRe]]
I have the Logitech Driving Force Pro too!!! ^_^
its just amazing, i paid like $110 USD(new, via amazon.com)+ the travel from Mexico to US. to pick it up... its really worth the price for the experience you get when driving with this instead of the Dual Shock 2 controller. ( even my girlfriend plays GT3 now, and she didnt like the driving games, but driving with this kind of force feedback wheel , the pedals, the shift , it changes a lot of things..)

The force feedback its very good , very strong motor. Its simply adds more challenge to your game, the presision control over the angle of the turn, the GAS and BRAKE, w00t!! and its addictive.. beware my friends.. maybe you can never drive again with a Dual Shock Controller..

I havent tried on the PC with the other wheel drivers, since i dont have a good game to test it.

Regards!!

Yea, its pretty cool. I go back to the DS2 at times. But yes. Its the best wheel out there right now for the PS2.

Welcome to GTP, BTW.

This wheel cost alot! I cant just spent all my money on a wheel! Beside the fact that this wheel is costly just like most out there, Its also the best. Im not sure if its worth the money but it seems to have alot of good comments. Any negative comments?

I can't seem to pay over 100 bucks for a wheel!

I've had the DFP since Oct. '03 and only use it to play GT3. For a few weeks now I've been playing and all of a sudden the either the throttle or brake will stop working. As of the past couple of days, this happens after only a few minutes of gameplay. I pull out either the USB cable or the cable that connects the pedals to the wheel to fix the problem, but it only lasts for another couple of minutes before the pedals stop working again.

I'm getting really annoyed because I'm at 99% and I'm trying to get all gold on license tests to get 100% and trying to do it with the DS2 is extremly difficult after using my wheels for so long. If anyone has encoutered this problem and can tell me what they did to fix it or can redirect me to a site or thread somewhere else that will help, it will be much appreciated.

:ouch:

How do I get the paddle shifters to work on the DFP in GT3? They only change the car-view (right) and the left is rear-view. Haven't figured it out yet.. :grumpy:

Drifty_McDrift
I've had the DFP since Oct. '03 and only use it to play GT3. For a few weeks now I've been playing and all of a sudden the either the throttle or brake will stop working. As of the past couple of days, this happens after only a few minutes of gameplay. I pull out either the USB cable or the cable that connects the pedals to the wheel to fix the problem, but it only lasts for another couple of minutes before the pedals stop working again.

I'm getting really annoyed because I'm at 99% and I'm trying to get all gold on license tests to get 100% and trying to do it with the DS2 is extremly difficult after using my wheels for so long. If anyone has encoutered this problem and can tell me what they did to fix it or can redirect me to a site or thread somewhere else that will help, it will be much appreciated.

:ouch:

Call Logitech.

My old wheel did it so much is just pissed me off and I called Logitech.

Just call logitech and be nice. And they'll ask you for your location and stuff.
I'm glad they send you a replacement if a product of theirs is not working. Thats called a buisness.

Tomski
How do I get the paddle shifters to work on the DFP in GT3? They only change the car-view (right) and the left is rear-view. Haven't figured it out yet.. :grumpy:

Set the shifting button controls as R1 & L1.

I would set shift up as R1.

And set shift down as L1.

Darin
Call Logitech.

My old wheel did it so much is just pissed me off and I called Logitech.

Just call logitech and be nice. And they'll ask you for your location and stuff.
I'm glad they send you a replacement if a product of theirs is not working. Thats called a buisness.

Yeah, that's what I figured I had to do. Last year my PS2 wasn't working and I had to send it to Sony to get fixed. I was without my baby for 2 weeks (oh the agony) until I got it back. Sony did fix it for free though so that was a major plus. I'm going to be without my DFP now (probably) after I call Logitech.

I was looking for a quick fix. I should have known there wasn't one. Thanks for your help Darin. I feel a little bit better knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem. 👍

Oh yeah. Nice Avatar :dopey: 👍

Drifty_McDrift
Yeah, that's what I figured I had to do. Last year my PS2 wasn't working and I had to send it to Sony to get fixed. I was without my baby for 2 weeks (oh the agony) until I got it back. Sony did fix it for free though so that was a major plus. I'm going to be without my DFP now (probably) after I call Logitech.

I was looking for a quick fix. I should have known there wasn't one. Thanks for your help Darin. I feel a little bit better knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem. 👍

Oh yeah. Nice Avatar :dopey: 👍

Yea, my PS2 busted awhile back also. So I went and bought a new one.

The good thing about Logitech, they let you keep the wheel rather than just shipping it in and getting it fixed. Its a major plus for logitech.

Thanks, I know my Avatar owns.

What do you use to secure the whhel and pedals to? Have you had something custom made, or is a coffee table good enough? I've had a couple of the early wheels, and always found that securing it was the main problem.

Okay, I want one. Where is the cheapest place in the UK to get one from. Everywhere seems to be £89. Too expensive!!!

I have the wheel on my desk and the pedals on the ground.

( Under the pedals are a grip system. )

But I'm not sure. Try Ebay. I hear you can get them cheap on there.

HyperSonik
What do you use to secure the whhel and pedals to? Have you had something custom made, or is a coffee table good enough? I've had a couple of the early wheels, and always found that securing it was the main problem.

Okay, I want one. Where is the cheapest place in the UK to get one from. Everywhere seems to be £89. Too expensive!!!

Cheapest thing to do is make your own :) Check out my signature. The materials minus the seats and wheels only came to about $30 US. 👍

Ok today i got my DFpro. Evrything works just great but there is one ¨problem¨. When i pust brake hard, something ¨clicks¨ in the brake pedal. The sound is the same as the sound of shifting knob. Anyone knows what this could be? Brake works normal, just that ¨click, click¨ sound is annoying me. :scared:

Ok, i sorted out a previous problem but now i have one much bigger. When i drive the rally in GT4:P and FF is doing really hard I can hear some sort of ¨cracking, broking¨ inside the wheel. That sound really makes me mad. Is this normal for FF wheels or is something wrong with my wheel? I recorded the video of my wheel where you can hear this. The link is below:

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/3475/22754volan_001.avi

:scared:

MaTeJ^
Ok, i sorted out a previous problem but now i have one much bigger. When i drive the rally in GT4:P and FF is doing really hard I can hear some sort of ¨cracking, broking¨ inside the wheel. That sound really makes me mad. Is this normal for FF wheels or is something wrong with my wheel? I recorded the video of my wheel where you can hear this. The link is below:

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/3475/22754volan_001.avi

:scared:

Call Logitech Right away and tell them about that. That certainly don't sound right.

The Number to Customer Services is in the first post. But they are closed right, so give them a call in the morning. They don't charge you for the call either.

EDIT:
Heres the number. I got it for yea instead:

+1 702-269-3457 Customer Support
(7 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST)

Italy
Logitech Italia S.r.l.
Centro Direzionale Colleoni
Palazzo Andromeda 3
I - 20041 Agrate Brianza, MI
+39 (0)39-605 76 61 Trade Sales Enquires
+39 (0)2-215 10 62 Product Information
+39 (0)2-214 08 71 Technical Help

Thnx for helping me out with all these numbers, but i have already returned my wheel to the store. I get brand new in about a week or two. Hope the new one will be working ok. :scared:

Back