The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments
My new one works great. If you have any PC games you wanna use it. Be sure to download the program as seen in my first post.

Is there anyway to reduce the force it takes to turn the wheel?

My PS2's in my living room, and here's nothing to clip it onto. It makes it pretty hard to turn in a hurry, especially with 900 degree and force feedback. I put it on simulation mode. Will turning off the FF make it turn faster as well?

Oh, and by the way, the wheel is only $80 on Overstock.com and has free shipping. You can find a coupon code for $5 off for new customers if you look around a bit...

Well, IGN said they got their hands on one, and said it's a must have for hardcore GT fans. They see it as a real steering wheel you'd find in a car.
They even rated it...

10/10. They said, it makes the game feel even realer.

Dan3
Is there anyway to reduce the force it takes to turn the wheel?

My PS2's in my living room, and here's nothing to clip it onto. It makes it pretty hard to turn in a hurry, especially with 900 degree and force feedback. I put it on simulation mode. Will turning off the FF make it turn faster as well?

Well - you cannot exactly reduce it. Unless you keep it at 60% Force Feedback.

McLaren F1GTR
Well, IGN said they got their hands on one, and said it's a must have for hardcore GT fans. They see it as a real steering wheel you'd find in a car.
They even rated it...

10/10. They said, it makes the game feel even realer.

I don't read anything from IGN. I read Gamespot.
IGN is about as useless as anything - cause after you read a review then they want you to pay.

Yeah so, I finally got off my lazy a$$ and called logitech about my DFP wheel problem. I was completly amazed when they told me they would send me a replacement one free of charge and I didn't even have to send back the broken one. :eek:

Logitech just won my loyalty with their customer support. The same goes for Sony and their customer support. I just hope that this same problem dosen't happen again down the road.

Thanks for your help Darin :) 👍 it is much appreciated :D

P.S.-Now once I get the new one I'll crack open the old one and try to see if I can fix the problem myself :sly:

Drifty_McDrift
Yeah so, I finally got off my lazy a$$ and called logitech about my DFP wheel problem. I was completly amazed when they told me they would send me a replacement one free of charge and I didn't even have to send back the broken one. :eek:

Logitech just won my loyalty with their customer support. The same goes for Sony and their customer support. I just hope that this same problem dosen't happen again down the road.

Thanks for your help Darin :) 👍 it is much appreciated :D

P.S.-Now once I get the new one I'll crack open the old one and try to see if I can fix the problem myself :sly:

:)👍 Awesome man. Glad to hear it.

I try to help as much as I can with the wheel problems in this thread.

Darin: If you can't reduce the force to turn it faster, how does the 900 degree mode ever function effectively as 200 degree? The return-rate isn't fast enough to let it turn by itself, and I can't imagine anyone would be able to turn back and forth that much. I mean when the car gets loose you'd have to cross your arms 5 times to straighten it up or so.

I have only tried it on a few GT3 courses so far, but my impression of 900 degree mode is that it's ultimately difficult. Maybe with a better, even more stable table and Gran Turismo 4 things will be different. I haven't tried it on very open courses like the speedway and test course. I'll try to get around to that today.

Well, I wouldn't reduce the force to turn faster.
I Increase it to 100% and break earlier and then just turn and a smooth rate, like a real race car driver would.
But if you don't understand what i'm talking about, what speed during the ALMS or Speed GT races, and watch how they turn the wheel.

But yeah - I wouldn't use the 900 degree mode for GT3, its not made for it. So, sure its not gonna work.

Guys, I just got my Playseat today so I've been tinkering with that for a while, but I have been wondering... is it better to use one foot for both pedals as in a real car, or have one foot on each pedal? I have gotten acustomed to having one foot per pedal but it sort of bunches together my manhood. 👎 Just wondering what some tips or your preferences are...thanks.

Aha, so you've got a Playseat too huh? It a nice seat. I have one too. :dopey:

I just use a foot for each pedal, so brake with left and throttle with right. I wonder why your manhood gets in the way. :lol: I dun have problems with that, neither do my brothers.

PSZeTa
Aha, so you've got a Playseat too huh? It a nice seat. I have one too. :dopey:

I just use a foot for each pedal, so brake with left and throttle with right. I wonder why your manhood gets in the way. :lol: I dun have problems with that, neither do my brothers.

It might just be the way I have my legs, I tend to keep them close to each other. But yeah, I like my Playseat. All my other attempts for a way to use my DFP failed and this does nicely. The upper arm could be a little more stable, but it's such a minor thing that goes unoticed durning gameplay.

deagle
Guys, I just got my Playseat today so I've been tinkering with that for a while, but I have been wondering... is it better to use one foot for both pedals as in a real car, or have one foot on each pedal? I have gotten acustomed to having one foot per pedal but it sort of bunches together my manhood. 👎 Just wondering what some tips or your preferences are...thanks.

Whats this... "playset?"

Wish I had 150 bucks to blow, and then I would definitely get this wheel. Alternatively, I might just keep the 150! ;)

It is outrageous that this wheel cost that much at most 100 now! Do you think it will ever go down? Moreover, if they do by how much?

rollazn
Wish I had 150 bucks to blow, and then I would definitely get this wheel. Alternatively, I might just keep the 150! ;)

It is outrageous that this wheel cost that much at most 100 now! Do you think it will ever go down? Moreover, if they do by how much?

You can get one on Ebay as low as $70.

The only thing is, I don't have a credit card and Im sure as hell my dad won't lend me one of his.

There is paypal, but I just don't like to buy stuff over the internet. Along with stuff like if its broken or how reliable it is after being used.

rollazn
The only thing is, I don't have a credit card and Im sure as hell my dad won't lend me one of his.

There is paypal, but I just don't like to buy stuff over the internet. Along with stuff like if its broken or how reliable it is after being used.

I saw that someone on this site found it for as low as $80 on Overstock.com with a $5 coupon for new buyers to their site. I don't know if that $5 was figured into the final cost, but still, that's a damn good deal.

As for Darin's question, it's "Playseat" but that about explains it. Here's the site to better explain.

http://www.playseats.nl/

I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I did some searching and couldn't find any good info...

I've hooked up my DFP to the PS2, tried it with GT3 and it seemed to work okay. I suck at it so far, but from what I've read it looks like it takes a bit of getting used to :)

Anyway, when I boot up GT:P, it detects the wheel and all - when I go into the menu I can select the control type for the wheel, etc. But the game just doesn't respond to it. Not in the menus, not in the races, and the force feedback is gone (it usually has some when you're in the menus, at least in GT3.)

Now when I unplug it, the menu detailing the control options goes away (saying please insert a DFP wheel etc), so I'm pretty sure it's detecting okay...just not enabling it to race with. Is there any option I need to enable or anything? Is there a way to get the game to re-detect if I unplug it, and plug it back in? Am I the only one with this problem? ;) Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

*Edit: Figured this one out, if anyone else runs across it. I had some other USB peripherals plugged into my system as well, which apparently were interfering with GT4 being able to figure out which peripheral to listen to. Unplug the keyboard and headset, and everything works just fine.*

rollazn
Crazy. I live in TN, I will come over and rob you blind. :)

My post is full of sarcasm, if you find it offensive, well too bad. :)

Yeah, I've spent so much on my stuff...might as well start to invest in some security....not that a closet full of guns doesn't help already :sly:

Ey deagle, what wheel do you have?

I've got my Pro today, and I need a little adjustment. Need to fit a wider plate to the plate from the playseat, cuz it isn't wide enough.

Edit:

Hmmz, I noticed I don't need adjustments. I just used a lot of those stickers included with the Playseat. :dopey:

The wheel is awesome. 👍

wyndairn
I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I did some searching and couldn't find any good info...

I've hooked up my DFP to the PS2, tried it with GT3 and it seemed to work okay. I suck at it so far, but from what I've read it looks like it takes a bit of getting used to :)

Anyway, when I boot up GT:P, it detects the wheel and all - when I go into the menu I can select the control type for the wheel, etc. But the game just doesn't respond to it. Not in the menus, not in the races, and the force feedback is gone (it usually has some when you're in the menus, at least in GT3.)

Now when I unplug it, the menu detailing the control options goes away (saying please insert a DFP wheel etc), so I'm pretty sure it's detecting okay...just not enabling it to race with. Is there any option I need to enable or anything? Is there a way to get the game to re-detect if I unplug it, and plug it back in? Am I the only one with this problem? ;) Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

*Edit: Figured this one out, if anyone else runs across it. I had some other USB peripherals plugged into my system as well, which apparently were interfering with GT4 being able to figure out which peripheral to listen to. Unplug the keyboard and headset, and everything works just fine.*
I really don't know. if GT:P is Gran Turismo 4 "prologue" I can't help you with that.
But check your wheel. Have you tried several times and its done it continously?
If so, You may wanna call logitech and ask them. They would know more about that problem.

bmw5150
keep the driving setup pictures coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't do that again, this thread is for questions about the Driving Force Pro wheel, not pictures of driving set-ups.
Now i'm serious, don't do that again.

PSZeTa
Ey deagle, what wheel do you have?

I've got my Pro today, and I need a little adjustment. Need to fit a wider plate to the plate from the playseat, cuz it isn't wide enough.

Edit:

Hmmz, I noticed I don't need adjustments. I just used a lot of those stickers included with the Playseat. :dopey:

The wheel is awesome. 👍

I'm using the DFP as well, and I agree it does cut it pretty close but if you turn the clamps on the wheel inward, that will hold it just fine. (or at least it did for me) I didn't even need to use the velcro except for the pedals.

Back