The long-awaited HDR Tutorial from sixtoes

• Thread starter sixtoes
  • 36 comments
here's a new one, HDR+extensive Photoshop corrections and detailing

click the image for it's full size

Just wanted to say thanks Sixtoes, great tutorial.

I think the best advice is creating a default preset thats neutral. It makes a big difference to the outcome of the pics. Using the photomatix defaults as a starting place is a bit of a hindrance.

It's been a long time since I've been able to get back on the forums for more than sixty seconds, so I thought I'd look at my old tutorial thread and see what's been going on... :)

todd_10: Thanks; I'm glad the tutorial inspired you to give it a try yourself. Keep posting - in the HDR Photos thread, or in your own gallery - and I'm confident you'll get feedback.

tofujay: Thank you, and you're welcome! :D

s12ken: As usual, you combine techniques (in this case, stitching and HDR) to great effect! Hope you're posting these in the HDR Photos thread or in your own gallery.

Terronium-12: Glad to hear it; I'll be sure to check out your gallery and see the results!

nmcdonald: Wow, a first post from a new member - I'm honored! :bowdown: Seriously, thanks for taking the time to let me know what really helped... in this case, some instructions to avoid the Photomatix default settings. It took a bit of fiddling to find something that creates a more neutral starting point (and even then, it doesn't always work), so I'm glad I could be of help.

All: Keep working and posting - in galleries and the HDR Photos thread - and I'll be sure to update this tutorial somewhere down the line to include more tweaks and adjustments. :)

here I was doing fine, but it seems photomatix just rejects some of the photos, for example: I took 5 different shots of my aston martin, selected them all and opened the bracketed images in photomatix, but the program just wouldn't merge them, it just crashed. then I tried opening one by one, it was ok for the first four ones, but when I clicked the last one photomatix just closed itself, afterwards I tried processing only the pics that were working and it was ok, do anyone knows what's going on? it's related to the pics or the software? plese :)

Back