The Lucid Dream // Dreaming Thread

• Thread starter Sttrobe
  • 594 comments
Jordan
Amman
EbisuWarrior
Well, there's the title, share your dreams here! and on a side note, does anyone know how to lucid dream?

I love dreaming and have always been really interested in it. I always have really vivid dreams, and I know about the techniques for lucid dreaming but I tend to not follow through with them as they take a while to start working. I have had a few lucid dreams though and they are pretty amazing.

I seem to be having less dreams at the moment (usually at least one every night thats vivid and long, but now it's like every 3-4 days) but I think it's due to the fact that I'm in exams that basically decide my future so my brain's on other things.

Im glad you started this thread though, should be interesting. I would share some of mine now but it will take AGES so I'll do some tomorow.
I feel sorry for my friends who only have like 1 dream that they can remember every month, I feel like they're missing out on something amazing, our mind is incredible. I would love to go into dream research or something along those lines when I'm older that would be great.

Thank you, so how do you start a lucid dream anyway?

There's published material on how to do it.

One method:
1) Determine that you are serious and really want to do it.
2) Prepare by placing a pen and pad conveniently nearby so that when you awaken you can and do jot down notes about your deaming.
3) Prepare yourself for a good nights sleep, including omitting alcohol and drugs.
4) Acquire a pretty picture of a doorway, gate, or pathway, and gaze at this picture as you go to bed.
5) Know what you want to dream about, and as you drift off to sleep, imagine going down the pathway or through the door you were looking at.
6) Practice this method and you will become an adept lucid dreamer.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

There's published material on how to do it.

One method:
1) Determine that you are serious and really want to do it.
2) Prepare by placing a pen and pad conveniently nearby so that when you awaken you can and do jot down notes about your deaming.
3) Prepare yourself for a good nights sleep, including omitting alcohol and drugs.
4) Acquire a pretty picture of a doorway, gate, or pathway, and gaze at this picture as you go to bed.
5) Know what you want to dream about, and as you drift off to sleep, imagine going down the pathway or through the door you were looking at.
6) Practice this method and you will become an adept lucid dreamer.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Reality checks are also good, for example everytime your watch beeps at the hour or the school bell goes off or whatnot, look at your hand, just briefly. If you do this enough it will become habit enough that you will do it in a dream and your hand will be purple or have 12 fingers or something, then you'll be like "I'm dreaming!", that's where the fun starts.

Also, does alchohol have an effect on your ability to dream in the long run?

I saw this YouTube vid, that said if you listen to these frequencies or something you'll have a lucid dream, some people wrote in the comments, that they were numb after they heard it and one guy got paralyzed which I don't even think is possible which freaked me out.

Sttrobe
I saw this YouTube vid, that said if you listen to these frequencies or something you'll have a lucid dream, some people wrote in the comments, that they were numb after they heard it and one guy got paralyzed which I don't even think is possible which freaked me out.

:embarrassed:

Well we definitely don't want any of that. Dotini, don't you know about this stuff? Perhaps we could use some clarification on this. 👍

Reminds me of that American Dad episode where Steve trained himself to lucid dream and knew when he was in one by seeing a red bouncing ball. Then Haley tricked him into thinking he was dreaming but it was actually reality then he jumped out of a window thinking he could fly and ended up nearly killing himself :lol:

My dreams are almost always lucid, but I usually don't remember/have them. Last night I had a dream that Charlie Sheen came to my school and stole my shirt, so I ran around the school looking for him. Things got really messed up though. One problem I often have in my lucid dreams is my sleeping position. When I'm on my side, my is on a pillow, and it seems to transfer into my dream somehow. So if I start thinking about my head in my dream, it'll be slanted to the side until I stop thinking about it, then it goes back to normal. This happened tonight while I was looking for Charlie.

Anyway, so I found Charlie Sheen throwing up in the hallway, and he became really small, so I decided to cover him up with a box. From there, I honestly don't remember what happened, but it lead to me going into space in some confusing world, and it was pretty trippy :lol:

I used to do some lucid dreaming when I was younger and was skipping school. For me it worked best if I got up as usual in the morning, had a cup of coffee, and then go back to sleep an hour or so afterwards. It's pretty cool stuff usualy coupled with sleep paralyzis (at least for me).

I also used to have this similar thing were I dreamt I was waking up, but knew I was still asleep. So I would be all excited and think "I wonder what things will look like when I look out of the window this time". :D And I'd get absolutely fascinated with my mind's imagination. I often decided to visit my neighbours in those dreams too, making up names as I ring the bell and then pretending I had known them for ages and it worked.

Everything was very dark in those dreams too. And there were no lights, making them quite scary. I guess looking out of the window and pretending to know my neighbours was a way to shake away the fear.

Last edited:

Thats called sleep paralysis, basically when you lie there for ages, not moving atall, dont scratch any itches or anything, and your body will go to sleep when your mind is still awake. You will start to see hypogognia or something which are like those images you see when you start to get sleepy. From there on you can enter a lucid dream but I've forgotten how to. No need to get freaked out it's no way permanent and is normal, you just normally don't feel it because your mind has gone asleep too.

Also , I tried those sleep frequencies things and they didn't do anything for me, but you can buy them from the appstore if you have an Ipod, they might work for you.

Okay, I won't do it often, but I know Right now your like if you don't move a inch when your in bed, is there a easier way?

Lucid dreaming is probably one of those things in which the harder you try the less success you'll have. There is a certain paradox to this.

If this is the case, then convince yourself that lucid dreaming is a kind of secondary objective, and instead put 'relaxing' or something else is a primary target. This may lead to more success. 👍

http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/ this is quite good for seeing just how many different ways there are for lucid dreaming, if you go down the right hand side there are loads of different articles and you'll learn about MILD and WILDS, they also have a forum but it's no way near as active as gtplanet so things move a little slower over there, but it's still good.

That's why I started this thread, for people asking/telling or anything to do with your dream's at night, and Lucid Dreams so yeah.

Yeah sorry I wasnt trying to kill this thread. I can still remember dreams from years ago, some just stay with me even if they're nothing special.

Some feel like they literally last hours (don't have to be lucid), and once I had a dream that lasted a day within the dream, this one was partially lucid and it was great, however I wasn't fully lucid because I would still be scared of consequences in the dream even though I know I was dreaming, still pretty amazing though.

What do you reckon is the longest dream someone could happen (dream time I mean).

I started a thread on this a while back, can't be bothered to find it though.

www.ld4all.com is the best source for info on lucid dreaming. I was really into it about 2 years ago with quite abit of success. I still try occasionally however havent had one in a while now.

Well, there's the title, share your dreams here! and on a side note, does anyone know how to lucid dream?
Glad to see that you have finally set this thread up 👍 .

http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/ this is quite good for seeing just how many different ways there are for lucid dreaming, if you go down the right hand side there are loads of different articles and you'll learn about MILD and WILDS, they also have a forum but it's no way near as active as gtplanet so things move a little slower over there, but it's still good.

Thanks for that.

Going to sleep soon, going to read some ways on how to lucid dream and here we go! First thing i'ma imagine, is have a suped up E28 and go drifting :)

Going to sleep soon, going to read some ways on how to lucid dream and here we go! First thing i'ma imagine, is have a suped up E28 and go drifting :)

I'm going to bed now, I will read a bit more about lucid dreaming techniques and I will tell you guys how it went in the morning.

Back