The Lucid Dream // Dreaming Thread

• Thread starter Sttrobe
  • 594 comments
If anyone in here hasn't seen the movie "Inception", I highly recommend it.

Yup, loved it đź‘Ť

I'm gonna be trying some of these techniques over a while and see if there is any sucess. Counting, Slight Physical Discomfort and the Eyelid Patterns are the ones I might try first.
EDIT: What an idiot. Forgot the link :dunce:

Last edited:
Lucid dreams feel impossible for me, however tonight I had a sleep paralysis.

Black figure walks into my room, I greet, thing doesn't reply and just walks closer. I break out by closing the eyes and things return to normal state again.

I will never sleep on my back again.

I'm afraid to lucid dream after I heard of sleep paralysis. :scared:

Well, all of my instances only lasted for a couple of seconds before I managed to "break out" of it... except for one.

In that particular situation, I had a nightmare where I was sitting on my computer in the evening and knew that my parents were in the sauna, but when I looked out from the window, I saw the reflection of the door that led to my computer room and saw a black figure standing there.

Then I woke up, but had this paralyzing feel of fear all the time. I felt that something evil, non-human was right nearby and heard footsteps going up the stairs towards my bedroom. I was too frightened to open my eyes until about an hour later when the sounds slowly went away and the world around begun to seem more normal. However I have never really got over it. That really made me wonder if there's actually evil supernatural beings as close to me as in my own home... :nervous:

Once again, what a horrible nightmare.

I was returning home from... somewhere, when I ran into a large crowd of people near my street. Turned out they were all students from my year, accompanied by one of my teachers. The teacher said that they were all coming to my house for some reason (really odd 'cause it wasn't even my birthday) but since they all would never fit inside, and some would more than likely break some places, I quickly made a beeline inside and locked the door. Then they started to force their way in through multiple windows and it was almost like a castle defence game, except a really unpleasant one. The war felt like it lasted literally for hours, and then, in the middle of all the action, the universe was split into half (at least it felt like that, there were black holes everywhere in the sky) and some aliens came in with spaceships that looked like chandeliers. The rest was some random happenings before the dream finally ended.

And they wonder why I hate people...

Had a dream that I was on a cruise ship and there was an extremely dark cloud that was low to the ground and it had a lot of lightning. It then passed THROUGH the ship and there was a very intense ball of pure energy in the centre. The ship then broke at the front where I was, I went into the water and was able to get to shore. The ship then sank very slowly at the front.

Has anyone else ever had a dream from another person's point of view, and have you ever had parts of one dream on two different nights?

No ^ But what I've always wanted to know is if somebody could be dreaming, seeing different people etc. And somebody they meet in the dream is having the exact same dream, but you're the stranger in their dream...

Did that make sense?

I think it would be pretty cool.

Lucid dreams feel impossible for me, however tonight I had a sleep paralysis.

Black figure walks into my room, I greet, thing doesn't reply and just walks closer. I break out by closing the eyes and things return to normal state again.

I will never sleep on my back again.

OMFG. This, sleep paralysis always when sleeping on back, I hate it.

Has anyone else ever had a dream from another person's point of view, and have you ever had parts of one dream on two different nights?
I had this happen to me yesterday when I was dreaming.
OMFG. This, sleep paralysis always when sleeping on back, I hate it.

I remember having sleep parlysis a couple of weeks back before I started lucid dreaming and it was really scary. I thought I was dead.

I had a dream where I was riding a Hippo with the Taliban through central London. How that happened I have no idea...

There are a couple of apps you can download for your smartphone that are attempting to help people track and control their dreaming. DreamOn monitors your sleep through movement, and gives you audio cues when it feels you are in the best sleep state for suggestion.

Okay, I had this odd dream where a bunch of other boys were swimming naked in some pond, and I was there. I was naked too, but didn't care since we all were. Also, Kent Brockman something or other. And later in another world, for some reason I was thinking about the number 47. I don't know why. It is (Or was if we don't bother to get things fixed up) our buzz code, but I don't know why I was thinking about 47. Snow White and the 47 Dwarfs? Wat? And apparently I was thinking for real in a dream. Doesn't seem weird, but I still don't understand how I started thinking about 47 for some reason. Oh well.

Okay, I had this odd dream where a bunch of other boys were swimming naked in some pond, and I was there. I was naked too, but didn't care since we all were. Also, Kent Brockman something or other. And later in another world, for some reason I was thinking about the number 47. I don't know why. It is (Or was if we don't bother to get things fixed up) our buzz code, but I don't know why I was thinking about 47. Snow White and the 47 Dwarfs? Wat? And apparently I was thinking for real in a dream. Doesn't seem weird, but I still don't understand how I started thinking about 47 for some reason. Oh well.

47, the protagonist from the Hitman series? đź’ˇ

I woke up genuinely disapointed this morning. I had just had a dream where I was watching the isle of man TT and then suddenly was on the start line on a bike, I then raced the course (it wasn't anything like the actual course it was a really tight winding road) and then when I reached the end you got the time you had completed it in and I was 3rd on the leaderboard which I was proper pleased with. I then got another run, the first part of this was completely normal, I then picked the number 3 for some reason and was running through a hospital, just thinking why did I pick 3 this running is going to ruin my time. I then got to the end of the course. I had dropped down to 10th with my first time and only 2 seconds off the leaders on a 3 minute time trial. An organiser then came up to me and said he had the tv recordings of my lap and had put them on youtube, I was just about to look it up and watch the video, and was proper excited about seeing what it looked like, and then I woke up and was proper annoyed that I hadn't just raced in a TT'esque race and that I didn't even get to see the video of it :(.

I suppose you haven't read The Hitchikers' Guide To The Galaxy then. :indiff:

DK
5 less and you would have found the meaning of life. :lol:

My dad will be the day before the world ends, which it won't. Really, he's turning 42 on December 20. If only he was born a day later...

Time to break out the Professor's What-If Machine.

I'm not sure whether 47 or 42 is closer to me. Oh well, they both mean something. Also, 42 is a Doctor Who episode.

Sach
I've been able to control my dreams for a long time, but I almost never remember my dreams now.

For the first 10 or so seconds after you wake up you can usually remember what you were dreaming. Write it down as soon as you wake up then you'll remember what it was.

Naveek Darkroom
Huh? Is that a line from the episode? I know the title of it, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm still have to watch the last couple episodes of Series 1.

Yeah it is. I think its in series 3. A good friend got me all the seasons so I could start watching. Half way threw 3 at the moment. Don't fall asleep to Who, its.... Odd to stay the least

I had a semi lucid dream that I wasn't in complete control of but was somewhat. I was at a grocery store for some reason and was wondering of I was dreaming and looked at my hand and I had six fingers. So I pretty much started destroying stuff and doing whatever I wanted but it didn't last all that long. Was still pretty cool though.

Well I stopped remembering the dreams I've had for about a week or two now, pretty annoying when you wana wake up eat some breakfast and want to remember your dream :/

Well, when I have dreams I can only remember certain parts but can't explain others. Really weird to explain what happens... Someone knows what I mean right?? Sometimes I have had dreams while younger and can't tell if it really happened or not.. Lol

For the first 10 or so seconds after you wake up you can usually remember what you were dreaming. Write it down as soon as you wake up then you'll remember what it was.
This is true, as I usually remember my dreams up to 5 minutes after waking up, but if you don't write down at least briefly what happened in the dream, then you won't remember it later on in the day.
Well I stopped remembering the dreams I've had for about a week or two now, pretty annoying when you wana wake up eat some breakfast and want to remember your dream :/
As TankAss said, write down what happens in your lucid dreams as soon as you wake up, and then you should be able to remember what happened in the dream since it happened so recently compared to trying to remember it 15 minutes later after it ended.

Back