The Lucid Dream // Dreaming Thread

• Thread starter Sttrobe
  • 594 comments
A bit off topic guys! But I'm about to fall asleep, how should I try and do this?

You really need to stop thinking that you're going off topic when you're actually not. Sleeping is related to dreaming, and therefore it's still on topic.

Anyway, moving on to the lucid dream, just relax and tell yourself in your head that you are going to have a lucid dream. But don't force it or it won't happen.

There is some danger of sleep paralysis when practicing lucid dreaming, so you should be aware of this. It is my responsibility to bring this to your attention because I have previously posted methods for inducing lucid dreaming without knowing it held any danger or risk to the dreamer. I've never had a problem in my own lucid dreams, which are infrequent these days.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/06/silent-lucidity-active-dream-states-and-the-otherworldly/

This article also refer to some very strange, particular incidents of lucid dreaming with extremely disturbing or weird elements involved. So beware of this too, is all I can say.

Sweet dreams,
Steve

I had another lucid dream last night, however, I had a problem. The moment I realized I was lucid, I immediately tried to materialize a Zonda out of thin air so that I could go driving. For some reason though, I couldn't do it. I could envision the Zonda in my head (e.i. my thoughts within my thoughts, not to sound like Inception), but yet I couldn't make it real because I knew I was dreaming and that nothing was actually real to begin with. In other words, I'm so conscious while having a lucid dream that I'm not really dreaming, rather, I'm just day dreaming while asleep (If that makes any sense).

I had another lucid dream last night, however, I had a problem. The moment I realized I was lucid, I immediately tried to materialize a Zonda out of thin air so that I could go driving. For some reason though, I couldn't do it. I could envision the Zonda in my head (e.i. my thoughts within my thoughts, not to sound like Inception), but yet I couldn't make it real because I knew I was dreaming and that nothing was actually real to begin with. In other words, I'm so conscious while having a lucid dream that I'm not really dreaming, rather, I'm just day dreaming while asleep (If that makes any sense).

Technically you can't daydream at night because it's not even daytime. So what you're saying is that you was awake with your eyes closed (that makes more sense).

Technically you can't daydream at night because it's not even daytime.

Daydream simply means that your mind is wondering off and not really in touch with reality at any given moment. The time of day is irrelevant as the word "day" in day dreaming was coined as such because most people experienced it during the day.

So what you're saying is that you were awake with your eyes closed (that makes more sense).

Not exactly. I was asleep, but the realization that I was asleep, and therefore dreaming, was what caused me to notice that everything around me was my imagination, and therefore not real. In most lucid dreams, you know it's a dream, yet you still feel as if everything is real. But in my dream, it felt as if I was just imagining/day dreaming.

Technically you can't daydream at night because it's not even daytime...

All I can think of now is this:

xzibithappyt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some danger of sleep paralysis when practicing lucid dreaming, so you should be aware of this. It is my responsibility to bring this to your attention because I have previously posted methods for inducing lucid dreaming without knowing it held any danger or risk to the dreamer. I've never had a problem in my own lucid dreams, which are infrequent these days.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/06/silent-lucidity-active-dream-states-and-the-otherworldly/

This article also refer to some very strange, particular incidents of lucid dreaming with extremely disturbing or weird elements involved. So beware of this too, is all I can say.

Sweet dreams,
Steve

I have rather often a sleep paralyzis, and as soon as I realize (half) consciously to wake up fully and move, I immediatly get totally paralyzed and "dragged down", kinda feel really heavy and feel a really creepy and sinister presence in my room, next to me. Seriouly, I really would not want my biggest enemy to experience that, it is freaking horrible, I have this **** since my early childhood, it sucks.

Oh and sorry for DP.

Last edited:
I've been trying to induce sleep paralysis lately, although I haven't been really sucessfull :guilty:

I have yet to be successful, but I have been getting the sleep paralysis. It's kinda cool, I just start to focus on my heartbeat and eventually you will either twitch out of it or fall asleep. Every once in a while I'll get this rising numbness and when it hits my head I can feel my eyes go into REM sleep mode. It's a really cool experience. Do sobriety and lucid dreaming have any connection. Like don't drink before an attempt? I know liquor is supposed to lower you mental barriers on some stuff, thought it might help with this. Thought I would ask before I wasted my time.

It's were your body is asleep, but your mind isn't and you are aware of it, but can't really do anything about to. Ya just ride it out. At least thats how it was explained to me. That's what I've been having. Got an itch? To bad, want to roll over? Not happening. If you can get passed the firs OMG I can't move! It's cool, for me at least.

You just can't physically do it. It' kinda freaky at first, but it's happened to me before so I'm kinda already used to it. You can't move but your aware, its scary if you fit it, but if you continue to just drift my eyes go into rem sleep mod and I twitch and feel amazing . It's awesome.

Hmm, well just another quick random question.

What's the quickest way to fall asleep? I'm one of those people that sit min 1 hr in the bed before falling asleep.

Hmm, well just another quick random question.

What's the quickest way to fall asleep? I'm one of those people that sit min 1 hr in the bed before falling asleep.

Some people like myself fall alseep quite quickly naturally, but for other people it will take them a while for them to go to sleep. But it is possible for you to make yourself fall asleep a little bit quicker. One for example is to shutdown your laptop/PC roughly an hour to 45 minutes before you go to bed. Staring at bright objects makes your brain think "Oh, it's still daytime so I shouldn't sleep yet," and as a result it makes it harder for you to fall asleep.

Yeah i've heard that before, because I always use my iPod even the second I get under my sheets.

Well I guess we found out why you find it so hard to get to sleep at night. If you had no intention of sleeping within the next 45 minutes or so then you can use your iPod. If you want to get to sleep earlier then tah t though then it's a good idea that you don't use it directly before you got to sleep.

I have had the joy of performing 2 lucid dreams! The first one I did on purpose, by constantly thinking to myself throughout the day 'Am I dreaming?' When it came to my sleep, I luckily said that question to myself, and with even more luck, I answered yes. I did all sorts of awesome stuff, and woke up feeling better than ever. The second time was a complete accident-i was having a really bad dream, then realised that I was dreaming, and made everything normal again.

Also, I have expperienced sleep paralysis before, scary as hell. I just lay there, unable to move for about 10 seconds, it was the weirdest feeling ever :s

I had a lucid dream out of the blue tonight. My reality check habit paid off it seems. Quite fun experience, driving a old Beetle round the 'Ring. I did some other stuff too, mainly about cars tho... but i swear I saw a Solid Rocket Booster somewhere in there, with little green men galore... Too much Kerbal Space Program for me. I imagined a rocket into my dream.

I don't always have lucid dreams, but last night, I had this weird dream (Maybe it was a snippet) where I was rapping or something. I wasn't sure where I was, maybe it was a stage. But I had a microphone, and I was rapping. Okay then.

I don't always have lucid dreams, but last night, I had this weird dream (Maybe it was a snippet) where I was rapping or something. I wasn't sure where I was, maybe it was a stage. But I had a microphone, and I was rapping. Okay then.

Was you rapping to ponies :D ?

Back