The Maggiore endurance race is unbelievably hard

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 118 comments
Second try used the Aston Martin and did two stops on medium tires. Just keep doing 1:58's and 1:59's while short shifting. Pit at the end of laps 10 and 20. For both stops only refuel enough for 10 laps. I won by ~10 seconds.
How?! I was doing fastest laps in the low 1:57s, slowing to 1:59 at the end of each 10 lap stint, and I was 18 seconds behind the winner. Do you know what your total race time was? The winning AI time seems to vary a huge amount.

Mine was about 1 hour and 44sec with a Subaru WRX. The 2nd was the AMG, 1.300sec behind me.

Last edited:
The AI seem very suspicious in this and other races. Still dog slow in the corners with unnecessary braking but seem to magically accelerate out of corners far faster than the player can and pull away. If they had your ability in the corners they would be literally unbeatable.

Last edited:
Any other recommendation is welcome, I’d like to continue but I’m spending my life lapping Maggiore, and it’s too much ;-)
Have you tried the Aston Martin DBR9? Have used it for two wins, both by 30+ seconds over P2. In first place on lap 7, after 1st stop will be behind the one-stoppers until either I pass them or they stop on lap 15. RM tires, FM 1, pit at end of laps 10 and 20, short fill fuel to 10.5 laps on each stop. Run 56’s and 57’s and enjoy your victory.

Have you tried the Aston Martin DBR9? Have used it for two wins, both by 30+ seconds over P2. In first place on lap 7, after 1st stop will be behind the one-stoppers until either I pass them or they stop on lap 15. RM tires, FM 1, pit at end of laps 10 and 20, short fill fuel to 10.5 laps on each stop. Run 56’s and 57’s and enjoy your victory.
Many thanks, I didn’t try this one! Will do and will of course keep everyone posted.

Finally did it, but the fact the AI did 1:00:24 is absolutely crazy in terms of randomness when you look at the times some other people are winning in.

humancomedymaggiorewin_1_00_20.jpg

Last edited:
I finally did it too!
With the Mazda, I got soo used to RH to try and save fuel, that it felt much « easier » when wearing the RM. 2 stops, refill at 75%, and I finished 2 seconds ahead… after a last attempt where I finished second, 00:00:00.338 behind ;-)

I’d like to thank you all for the guidance!

The AI seem very suspicious in this and other races. Still dog slow in the corners with unnecessary braking but seem to magically accelerate out of corners far faster than the player can and pull away. If they had your ability in the corners they would be literally unbeatable.
I've also seen them go squirrely side to side and straighten out suspiciously, but maybe that's possible.

This race is really starting to make me hate this game, I’ve got gold on everything in the game but, this race seems to be so broken it’s unreal, the difficulty setting is still all screwed up, ai seems to fuel up far quicker, the ai just rams you off the track, tyres don’t seem to degrade at all, the ai corners like a train the exit speed they get is ridiculously fast, the slip stream effect for the ai is so over powered, when I try it they just pull away, there’s been at least 3 updates since I started on this race and nothings changed, my best finish is P2, 24 seconds off 1st, didn’t take them long to fix the roulette glitch yet this is still an issue PD you suck!!!

This race is really starting to make me hate this game, I’ve got gold on everything in the game but, this race seems to be so broken it’s unreal, the difficulty setting is still all screwed up, ai seems to fuel up far quicker, the ai just rams you off the track, tyres don’t seem to degrade at all, the ai corners like a train the exit speed they get is ridiculously fast, the slip stream effect for the ai is so over powered, when I try it they just pull away, there’s been at least 3 updates since I started on this race and nothings changed, my best finish is P2, 24 seconds off 1st, didn’t take them long to fix the roulette glitch yet this is still an issue PD you suck!!!
There there, let it alllll out mate. You'll get there.

That's the joy of beating it. Its the most intense race in the game. I'd be gutted if they made it easier as I've got to do it on my non-glitched main account.

Requires 30 of your best laps consistently and consecutively on a testing circuit.

It's become too easy to just tune up anything and win the game/races at a canter - where's the fun in that? Why bother if there's no challenge? (Not you specifically, but I often ask myself that when people complain about races being hard).

It's winnable. I also golded everything but I won this with one of the slowest times on GTP. The sense of achievement was brilliant.

Keep going.

Last edited:
That's the joy of beating it. Its the most intense race in the game. I'd be gutted if they made it easier as I've got to do it on my non-glitched main account.

Requires 30 of your best laps consistently and consecutively on a testing circuit.

It's become too easy to just tune up anything and win the game/races at a canter - where's the fun in that? Why bother if there's no challenge? (Not you specifically, but I often ask myself that when people complain about races being hard).

It's winnable. I also golded everything but I won this with one of the slowest times on GTP. The sense of achievement was brilliant.

Keep going.
My lap times range from mid 1.57 to mid to high 1.58 with tyre wear etc, even with the odd 1.56 I still can’t get close, whenever I’ve got close the ai somehow makes up 5-8 secs a lap then just rams you off the track

My lap times range from mid 1.57 to mid to high 1.58 with tyre wear etc, even with the odd 1.56 I still can’t get close, whenever I’ve got close the ai somehow makes up 5-8 secs a lap then just rams you off the track

Those are good/winnable lap times especially if they're majority 1:57s.

I couldn't get below 2:00 and my bests were 1:59 and even then I thought I was sweating like a pro.

After playing this repeatedly I hit a couple of 1:56s in a losing effort. If you think you're doing well - there's another gear to be found. Trust me. I have one of the slowest total winning times!

Those are good/winnable lap times especially if they're majority 1:57s.

I couldn't get below 2:00 and my bests were 1:59 and even then I thought I was sweating like a pro.

After playing this repeatedly I hit a couple of 1:56s in a losing effort. If you think you're doing well - there's another gear to be found. Trust me. I have one of the slowest total winning times!
What car and strategy did you use and what was your overall time?

What car and strategy did you use and what was your overall time?

Hyundai Genesis - many have won with it.

Racing Mediums for a 2 stop.strategy - First stop at 10 Laps (you want to be ahead by around 5 seconds give or take but if not, you just want to have the lead - instead of just loading up 10 laps of fuel to take you to the next stop, you want to take a little extra so that you're second stop needs less fuel.

Rubilar and Beauvois are on a 2 stop medium. They will pit with more fuel left than you, so they will take less fuel on and have a shorter second stop even though they'll fill to about 78% at stop 1.

I loaded up for around 12 laps at the first stop but essentially took as much as I could extra and then exited the minute I saw Rubilar and Beauvois fuel counter stop increasing (around 78%) - this way I only needed 7-8 laps of fuel at the second stop, meaning a shorter stop (as I twice lost the race needing 10 laps at this stage while Rubilar and Beauvois took on less fuel making for short stops). Depending on the lead you could fuel save but I stayed on Fuel Map 1 and strategised for 30 laps.

I won by 0.3XX of a second and the last 4 or 5 laps were fighting off Gallo's NSX which was behind me by 0.1XX of a second for about 2-3 laps.

Last edited:
Hyundai Genesis - many have won with it.

Racing Mediums for a 2 stop.strategy - First stop at 10 Laps (you want to be ahead by around 5 seconds give or take but if not, you just want to have the lead - instead of just loading up 10 laps of fuel to take you to the next stop, you want to take a little extra so that you're second stop needs less fuel.

Rubilar and Beauvois are on a 2 stop medium. They will pit with more fuel left than you, so they will take less fuel on and have a shorter second stop even though they'll fill to about 78% at stop 1.

I loaded up for around 12 laps at the first stop but essentially took as much as I could extra and then exited the minute I saw Rubilar and Beauvois stop taking on fuel, so that I only needed 7-8 laps at the second stop. Depending on the lead you could fuel save but I stayed on Fuel Map 1 and strategised for 30 laps.
I’ve not tried that car yet so I’ll give that a try it’s just a pain that there’s no reward at all once you’ve got bronze then silver so the money soon goes having to keep buying cars , cheers for the advice

I’ve not tried that car yet so I’ll give that a try it’s just a pain that there’s no reward at all once you’ve got bronze then silver so the money soon goes having to keep buying cars , cheers for the advice

Yeah those Endurance Races should really pay more than once TBH as they're enjoyable but a massive time-sink without any credits for replayability.

The Hyundai Genesis was very strong when a bunch of us completed this race about 6 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it changed over that time - it's got one of the best fuel economies and has good power/straight-line speed. Handling is predictable with care really only required for the second really tight corner.

Don't use TCS, it's bound to be costing you a second a lap if not more.

Last edited:
Yeah those Endurance Races should really pay more than once TBH as they're enjoyable but a massive time-sink without any credits for replayability.

The Hyundai Genesis was very strong when a bunch of us completed this race about 6 weeks ago. I'm not sure if it changed over that time - it's got one of the best fuel economies and has good power/straight-line speed. Handling is predictable with care really only required for the second really tight corner.

Don't use TCS, it's bound to be costing you a second a lap if not more.
I don’t use tcs so that won’t be a problem I’ll give it a try tomorrow, think 3 attempts is enough for one day

I don’t use tcs so that won’t be a problem I’ll give it a try tomorrow, think 3 attempts is enough for one day

Yeah even better then mate. I did use TCS at the start of GT7 and realised just how much time it was costing me so just thought I'd mention it.

Yep! 3 attempts warrants a well deserved break! Good Luck lol. It's an intense one for sure

Have been trying this last mission over the last week under V1.21 and find it ridiculously hard. I’ll admit to not being the perfect driver but have a mixture of bronze and silver results in the others. Lap times today with my latest attempt was a low of 2 minutes and a high of 2.01 so reasonably consistent but still finished in 16th place.

I would love to just leave it alone but don’t like to have something beat me.

Is it just the latest upgrade making this so hard.

No, it has actually made it easier if you use the right car:

My fastest time previously was 1:00:20, whereas I did 59:46 there, and had to do an extra lap. My fastest lap was 1:56.2. If you're taking over 2 minutes to do a lap, you need to work on your driving. One possible error you could be making is using the game's braking zone markers on the track and braking at the start of them. Some of them start far too early and will cost you a huge amount of time.

Have been trying this last mission over the last week under V1.21 and find it ridiculously hard. I’ll admit to not being the perfect driver but have a mixture of bronze and silver results in the others. Lap times today with my latest attempt was a low of 2 minutes and a high of 2.01 so reasonably consistent but still finished in 16th place.

I would love to just leave it alone but don’t like to have something beat me.

2:00-2:01 won't be quick enough at all.

Gold pace is at least 1:57-1:58 consistently with the odd 1:56.

Best of 2:00 is nearly 4 secs a lap off what the fastest AI is capable of.. I thought it might have been enough for a Bronze.. but if you're saying that hasn't been enough to clear it (at Bronze or Silver) then polish up doing the Circuit Experience. You need to find a couple of seconds a lap consistently.

This is probably the hardest race in the game.

Last edited:
I'm about to try this one, the last one I need for bronze on all the Human Comedy missions, and it can't possibly be harder than the Alsace mission. That one took me many hours to pass, getting gold on that would be a miracle for me. And then the next one at Red Bull Ring took 2 tries to pass. It's not a favorite track but its Gr. 3 cars so I should be ok. Good luck to those trying to gold everything though, I don't have that kind of patience or time haha.

I did it on my second attempt. It's easy when you know how...

Watch the streamer 'Unleashed Drivers', he will give you a good lowdown on how to win. He has tested all the cars too.
Also, in this race the difficulty level of the AI is suspect, he will mention that too, and a workaround.

Last edited:
Back