The Maggiore endurance race is unbelievably hard

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 118 comments
This is the last thing in the game I've yet to get gold on and it's also the only event that I don't know how to beat. I've tried for 5 hours now finding a good enough car to hand me this victory but it's near impossible. The AI can without any difficulty set sub 1.57 times even on degraded tires, and driving on your best tires that's hard to compete with. I've seen people online doing 1.56 laps and I have ZERO clue how you can be that fast. I'm pushing so hard that I can barely keep the car on track and I've tried it with 8 different Gr. 3 cars now. My body is completely sore from this challenge - even more so than getting gold on Nordschleife.

Does anyone know how to beat it? Is there some ultimate strategy I can use? Is there some way to cheese it like the Tomahawk WTC event? I've given this challenge an entire day so I'm just set on completing it now by any means necessary.
Yeah,same here.So many days i tried to win,but...No! I'm very tired now and pissed off!!!When in the race i hit couple of laps 1.58, immediately IA hit fastest lap.Screw you PD!!!(4-5 h. per day)WTF is this broken race??? Everything other in the game is GOLDED for me!Any suggestions????

Yeah,same here.So many days i tried to win,but...No! I'm very tired now and pissed off!!!When in the race i hit couple of laps 1.58, immediately IA hit fastest lap.Screw you PD!!!(4-5 h. per day)WTF is this broken race??? Everything other in the game is GOLDED for me!Any suggestions????
Worse part is because it only pays out once you end up throwing time at the thing for no reward !!!

Use the AMG 2016 gt3. Use racing medium. Pit at end of lap 10 and fully refuel/new tyres. Pit again at end of lap 20 and new tyres/refuel to 10.2 laps. You’ll be 20 secs ish behind leader but will easily catch him as his tyres die. Fuel map 1 the whole way. I was doing 1.57 to 2.00 with fastest in 56’s Also one big crash but still managed 1st. Tried a few other cars but didn’t get close.
Also started cutting ripple strips to do faster times.

Oh and no assists, TC etc will slow you down.
Is this one of the races where the AI is faster on easy? Just tried this strategy and just ended 12th. My lap times were mostly 1.57 and 1.58, but the AI did new fastest laps regulary, in the end low 1.56 laps. Will try again on another difficulty lvl I guess 🤔

Finally managed to gold it and boy, was it difficult. I went with an RSR and a medium tire 2 stop strategy. My laps were consistently in the 1:56.750 to 1:57.300 and I still barely managed to win 11 seconds ahead. At some point one of the AIs had a fastest lap of 1:56.140. Not sure how that's possible, I was sweating like crazy.

Did it on my second try. First try I used hard tires and one stop, but I found it was too slow and Magiorre has a short pitlane so you're not losing much time while pitting.

Second try used the Aston Martin and did two stops on medium tires. Just keep doing 1:58's and 1:59's while short shifting. Pit at the end of laps 10 and 20. For both stops only refuel enough for 10 laps. I won by ~10 seconds.

Last edited:
Did it on my second try. First try I used hard tires and one stop, but I found it was too slow and Magiorre has a short pitlane so you're not losing much time while pitting.

Second try used the Aston Martin and did two stops on medium tires. Just keep doing 1:58's and 1:59's while short shifting. Pit at the end of laps 10 and 20. For both stops only refuel enough for 10 laps. I won by ~10 seconds.
If you can save fuel and thus pit time 58s and some 59s is fast enough, but if you can’t save or use a fuel hungry car then you need to run a few 57s to make up for longer fuel add time.

Plus there is an added element of luck in terms of what traffic fastest couple AI hit that can be easily +/- 6 seconds in required time to win.

There are normally two key/fast AI with two stop strategy and one with one stop strategy. Anything that slows them will help. Sometimes one of the fast AI pit with a couple laps to go sometimes they don’t. Can be the difference if you are on edge.

If you can run mostly 57 and 56 you probably won’t need much good luck.

If you can save fuel and thus pit time 58s and some 59s is fast enough, but if you can’t save or use a fuel hungry car then you need to run a few 57s to make up for longer fuel add time.

Plus there is an added element of luck in terms of what traffic fastest couple AI hit that can be easily +/- 6 seconds in required time to win.

There are normally two key/fast AI with two stop strategy and one with one stop strategy. Anything that slows them will help. Sometimes one of the fast AI pit with a couple laps to go sometimes they don’t. Can be the difference if you are on edge.

If you can run mostly 57 and 56 you probably won’t need much good luck.
True about the 2 fast AI cars doing two stoppers. I lucked out and came out from my second stop ahead of a lot of 1 stoppers and the two fast 2 stoppers were trapped behind. The one stoppers are not the true competition in this race.

During my attempt there was a Mazda doing a no stopper. I don't know how rare that is. I was catching him by >3 seconds a lap near the end. That Mazda finished 4th behind me and the two fast AI cars.

I presume you changes your tires on both stops? Just because my Supra eats them for breakfast.

Yes. They were about half red/ half white after all three stints.
Uff, that's too tricky for me. I loose too much time with degraded tires and often get penalties for touching the grass. My time goes from 1.57-1.58 to 2 min +.
I think I'll try a different car next time. Maybe the new update may help me as well.

Is this one of the races where the AI is faster on easy? Just tried this strategy and just ended 12th. My lap times were mostly 1.57 and 1.58, but the AI did new fastest laps regulary, in the end low 1.56 laps. Will try again on another difficulty lvl I guess 🤔
Hmmm, I’m on hard…

Use the AMG 2016 gt3. Use racing medium. Pit at end of lap 10 and fully refuel/new tyres. Pit again at end of lap 20 and new tyres/refuel to 10.2 laps. You’ll be 20 secs ish behind leader but will easily catch him as his tyres die. Fuel map 1 the whole way. I was doing 1.57 to 2.00 with fastest in 56’s Also one big crash but still managed 1st. Tried a few other cars but didn’t get close.
Also started cutting ripple strips to do faster times.

Oh and no assists, TC etc will slow you down.
This doesn't work for me. And I've tried both hard and easy difficulty.

On hard WRX won (1 stop), on easy M6 won (2 stop, M6 cheated on pitting, came in with less fuel and exited before me).

Both times I used AMG GT and 2 stop RM strategy.
Best lap was mid 56. I can not see the victory without doing CONSISTENT 57s which is crazy.

Last edited:
This doesn't work for me. And I've tried both hard and easy difficulty.

On hard WRX won (1 stop), on easy M6 won (2 stop, M6 cheated on pitting, came in with less fuel and exited before me).

Both times I used AMG GT and 2 stop RM strategy.
Best lap was mid 56. I can not see the victory without doing CONSISTENT 57s which is crazy.
Hmmm , what’s your total time at the end of the race?

Just got gold with a 1 stop strategy with the mazda rx vision gr.3 on race hards. This car has excellent fuel economy. Pretty consistent low to high 1:58's throughout the race, with a fast lap of a high 1:57. A few 1:59's. On fm1 the whole race/short shifting the majority of the race.

The last 15 to 20 mins were extremely sweaty constantly fending off the Mercedes amg gt3 which I suspect was on race mediums. He was constantly between .5 - 1.5 seconds behind up until the last 2 laps where he fell off a bit. Hardest race yet for me.

This is the last thing in the game I've yet to get gold on and it's also the only event that I don't know how to beat. I've tried for 5 hours now finding a good enough car to hand me this victory but it's near impossible. The AI can without any difficulty set sub 1.57 times even on degraded tires, and driving on your best tires that's hard to compete with. I've seen people online doing 1.56 laps and I have ZERO clue how you can be that fast. I'm pushing so hard that I can barely keep the car on track and I've tried it with 8 different Gr. 3 cars now. My body is completely sore from this challenge - even more so than getting gold on Nordschleife.

Does anyone know how to beat it? Is there some ultimate strategy I can use? Is there some way to cheese it like the Tomahawk WTC event? I've given this challenge an entire day so I'm just set on completing it now by any means necessary.
Did it today. Best strategies:
  • 2 Stop on RM tyres. Fuel depletion all the time on 1.
  • Possibly a 1 stop on RH tyres and FD 1-2. Only possible with very fuel saving cars like possibly the Mazda.
I won with the 2 stop strategy.
Good luck! :)

Has anyone on a controller done this?

Can't believe Controller users are hitting 1.56s and 1.57s???
Ds4 user and done it, details in this post here from the other thread,

1stop on RM is very doable, last 2 laps are like 1.5-2seconds off the usual pace as now the tyres are really worn but just kee it on track and you’re fine, rest of the laps were mid to late 57s

Last edited:
Ds4 user and done it, details in this post here from the other thread,

1stop on RM is very doable, last 2 laps are like 1.5-2seconds off the usual pace as now the tyres are really worn but just kee it on track and you’re fine, rest of the laps were mid to late 57s
Which car?

Which car?
My original post link doesn’t seem to work,

“Just completed this in the BRZ GT300, TC0 and BB0,
Used Racing Mediums and 50%-75% shift for fuel saving on FM1,
1 stop in the middle for new tyres and fuel, total 30 laps with 18sec gap to 2nd place,
average lap time was mid to late 1:57's, constantly struggled with turn 4”

Yep, DS4 user here. My short race report is here : #318

To everyone who struggles :
My all time personal impression from GT endurance racing is "All it takes is persistence". Never give up, guys. 😉

Btw
Here's a funny little thought I had a couple of times already :
We all should be happy and positive with this race. Imagine this was online racing and our opponents were the real Fragas, Miyazonos, Kokubuns, Hizals, Beauvoises etc. etc.
We'd end up dead last each and every time basically ... :lol:

Last edited:
RJ, every time I pass Kokobun it makes me hungry for a pastry. :lol:
kralovec_kokoswürfel.jpg

MMHH !!!! 😋 :lol:

Finally managed to gold it and boy, was it difficult. I went with an RSR and a medium tire 2 stop strategy. My laps were consistently in the 1:56.750 to 1:57.300 and I still barely managed to win 11 seconds ahead. At some point one of the AIs had a fastest lap of 1:56.140. Not sure how that's possible, I was sweating like crazy.
I watched a lap guide from Harmonic to get geared up for this one, and he is running 1:55.493 in the Alfa on the CE, which is crazy fast for what is one of the "slower" cars.

He shows the way to maximize the track limits, and I changed some of my own corner entry/gear points which saw me able to get into the 1:56s. There are a LOT of "maximizing curbs" to get these times, but once you practice a bit you should be able to eek out 1:57s the whole race like I did.

I shot myself in the foot running too low on fuel towards the end in the RCZ (one stop on RH), so I fell to third on the last three laps, but if I had paid attention to fuel earlier I would have taken it.

Tomorrow I'm going to 2 stop on RM and should be able to nail it.

I have. I did the race easily in the Porsche 911 RSR because it had good fuel economy and tyre wear.

I watched a lap guide from Harmonic to get geared up for this one, and he is running 1:55.493 in the Alfa on the CE, which is crazy fast for what is one of the "slower" cars.

He shows the way to maximize the track limits, and I changed some of my own corner entry/gear points which saw me able to get into the 1:56s. There are a LOT of "maximizing curbs" to get these times, but once you practice a bit you should be able to eek out 1:57s the whole race like I did.

I shot myself in the foot running too low on fuel towards the end in the RCZ (one stop on RH), so I fell to third on the last three laps, but if I had paid attention to fuel earlier I would have taken it.

Tomorrow I'm going to 2 stop on RM and should be able to nail it.

Do keep in mind the CE doesn't have BoP enabled. The car isn't set up the same, so in CE it is usually faster than in a race (where you have fuel/tyres) to worry about.

Im also a Ds4 controller user using automatic . Its doable with a controller. I decided to use a different car than the usual z4, Porsche, and wrx. I used the 17 Lexus RCF GT3. This car is amazing I didnt even need a strategy nor need to save fuel. I pitted on lap 12 and 23. It was stressful cause every time my tires were worn the ai got faster. In my race the ai got faster towards the end. My fastest lap was a 1.56.4

Not very constructive, but I need to share this: I’m about to give up… after having had gold on every single other license, mission and race on GT7.

I play with controller and automatic gear with « hard » difficulty (whatever that means for those endurance races).

Tried corvette, amg, Mazda, Subaru BRZ, Supra, Alfa, RCZ… 1 or 2 stops, RM or RH, saving fuel or not, … the best I get is 28 seconds behind the winner!

I can achieve the 57s or 58s several times, but not on RH or on worn RM, and I suspect that this is what is killing me. On RH Im too often on the 59s and when worn, I sometimes fall to 2+ mins.

Last attempts were with the Mazda that seems to have great fuel economy, but without luck.

Any other recommendation is welcome, I’d like to continue but I’m spending my life lapping Maggiore, and it’s too much ;-)

I don't know if it changed for the wors?, ( I find most races alot easier after 1.13 )
But after I did the CE that race was kind of good to do, RCZ on mediums, 2 stops, know your lines and be consistent.
After the last stop I had 9/10 laps to get number 1, but he was on hard so won by 8 seconds if i remember correctly.
Difficulty on normal on DS4
ASM off TCS-0 and when tirewear starts TCS1, i will do it again and check if something changed

Back