We're not Lola,
MasterCard a-Lola.

"Somehow we upset the Force
At least according to Bob Fernley
But maybe he's upset that we
Signed for the race Roberto Merhi.
We're not Lola,
MasterCard a-Lola."

Lemme guess. Neither car will be ready for Friday or Saturday practise, at best they'll manage an installation lap in qualifying. And on Sunday within 20 laps both engines or gearboxes will have blown having been 7 seconds off the pace anyway...

That doesn't apply during the race, and they often give permission to race to drivers who haven't done any laps in qualifying.

I meant qualifying. They won't race if they can't make 107%. Exemptions to that are never for pace reasons.

That doesn't apply during the race, and they often give permission to race to drivers who haven't done any laps in qualifying.

As long as they've demonstrated during other parts of the weekend that they're capable of a time within the 107%.

If they don't run in practice or qualifying, I doubt they'll be allowed in the race.

One of the Manors has reportedly passed scruitineering. Now they just need to get the other one through.
Rumour is that they have problems with their power units and will not run this weekend, hopefully that can be resolved in the next few hours.

That rumour seems to be born out if speculation that they just want to clear scruitineering and collect a cheque. Their engines are the 059/3, last year's model. They shouldn't be having problems with it.

Apparently they're missing engine parts.

Because, y'know... They wouldn't have made sure before travelling half way round the world or anything :rolleyes:

That rumour seems to be born out if speculation that they just want to clear scruitineering and collect a cheque. Their engines are the 059/3, last year's model. They shouldn't be having problems with it.
I suppose it depends what Ferrari had left on their shelves, they won't be making new parts for an old engine.

We'll this is what it looks like....

image.jpg

That's a nice shade of wedon'thaveanymoney.

He has enough to get the team this far (and to leave F1 with a small fortune you start with a large one, as the saying goes).

I'm surprised that his employers aren't signed up to a sponsor package yet, New-Style-F1 is right up their proverbial street. The interest was originally in Formula-E, as I recall, until a cut-price F1 team was on the market.

Well if they need something just to put on the cars until they can attract a sponsor, I could help.

Really weird to see a F1 car sans a sponsor (or at least text of some kind).

Weirder still to see a car carrying decals reading "This could be YOU".

I thought it was kind of a humorous way of dealing with having no sponsors while at least having something on the car.

I thought it was kind of a humorous way of dealing with having no sponsors while at least having something on the car.
I immediately thought of billboards along the old highway desperately trying to get income for their owners because a new bypass went in and the number of potential customers dried upm

Hopefully manor makes a competitive 2015 spec car. This one looks mediocre and with last year's engines, will perform mediocre

Their race strategy must "Ok guys we've qualified dead last, just don't hit anybody out there, just drive around and remember the Mclarens will break down eventually so point at them and laugh because by then you will probably be lapped 3 times but gosh darn it we will finish".

Back