The Maserati Trophy...Season 1 over

• Thread starter Goodwolf
  • 235 comments

7fff589f-79a4-4bab-8e7d-674cf01c2bb8.jpg

Ready for round 2? Then I hope I'll see you on Friday and Saturday at 20:00GMT (9pm BST) for some practice before the event. Good luck to all!

Round 2: Deep Forest Reverse - 1st September 2013

Event Format
Practice: 18:45GMT (7:45pm BST) start, 15 minutes long

Qualifying 1: 19:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 1: 19:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 20:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 2: 20:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Event Settings
Laps: 27
Start Type: Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: No
Penalty: No
Race Finish Delay: 90 sec
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real

Regulation Settings
Power: 453bhp
Weight: 1400kg
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Medium
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Driving Line: Off
Traction Control: Off
Active Steering: Off
ABS: Off or 1
ASM: Off
Transmission: MT/AT

Last edited:

Ready for round 2? Then I hope I'll see you on Friday and Saturday at 20:00GMT (9pm BST) for some practice before the event.

Friday I'll be in Gary's lounge racing in the 500pp Club.

Saturday I will not be around, so I'll try to do some laps with <<insert car image here>> tonight after 21:00 GMT.
I'll post the laptime if I have one!

Saturday I will not be around, so I'll try to do some laps with <<insert car image here>> tonight after 21:00 GMT.

Hey I have time to join you mate. :)

Cobani

Goodwolf
Hey I have time to join you mate. :)

Then maybe maserati practice afterwards :sly:

Lovely session with Goodwolf and Cpt_D saw low 21's as ultimate pace at the moment.

I think the ultimate pace will be mid-20s with low 21s as comfortable race pace.

EDIT: Also, I have decided on the same paint scheme as the Trophy Fiat 500.: Pearlescent Purple, with Serengeti Sand wheels.

Last edited:

Yesterdays practice was really good. Difference in lap times is there but races should be very dramatic. Very close and packed with some good moves, I'm sure. Let's see what happens on today's practice first, starting in a few minutes.

CPT. Disaster...........2:04.545
Goodwolf..................2:04.822
GT Flaw....................2:05.030
paulmac2k9..............2:05.5xx
GTP_ADE..................2:05.600
Cobani......................2:05.642

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me join last night.

Hey John! Thanks for the vid. Looked like fun! Any chance of you showing me the way tonight? Shame I missed yesterday. Impressive times gents.

Cobani
Hey John! Thanks for the vid. Looked like fun! Any chance of you showing me the way tonight? Shame I missed yesterday. Impressive times gents.
I was in my brothers seat last night. It took me a little while to get up to speed but great fun.

Thank you for the video mate! 👍👍👍

It's nice to see that with my faster internet connection I'm no longer "jumping" around. Even if it wasn't that bad, on videos it looked stupid and for the drivers the slightest movement is distracting when you need to make a pass.

2937543851.png

old connection
2499838272.png

Hoooooooooooowls it going wolfie? could i sighn up or is it too late? Also i may have to miss some races due to work but if i can make it..........:gtpflag:

Great mate!:D
Yes you can sign up and if you think you are ready you can join us today.

Sorry Goodwolf I could'nt make it for the practice ... be there tonight :)

No problem. Just be careful, racing on this track is way more difficult than just driving around or hot lapping.

How can you turn with those suspension LOL tyres are ok (almost) but the turnig ... SATAN COME OUT OF THIS CAR !!

The key is definitely taming the rear end, however you want to do it. My setup is weird, I was just trying anything and it seems to work well enough that I've stuck to it.

Good fun night of racing. Couldnt find the long term pace to keep up tonight, although did enjoy some close racing with Capt_D in race 2. The set up change did help, cheers Bo, but trying to make 1 set of tyres last in race 2 was challenging. Congrats to the podium sitters from both races. 👍👍👍

Good racing. I came in having just put together the car and having rarely driven this track before, it took a while to learn things and get my right foot comfortable. First race wasn't great, but the second I was close to the pace and really enjoyed racing Goodwolf and Cobani. Well, the pace that doesn't include Longbow, who was on another planet. Congrats. 👍

I'll be racing in another series (long time participant there) for the next month, but I hope to be back for the last two rounds. :)

Good fun night of racing. Couldnt find the long term pace to keep up tonight, although did enjoy some close racing with Capt_D in race 2. The set up change did help, cheers Bo, but trying to make 1 set of tyres last in race 2 was challenging. Congrats to the podium sitters from both races. 👍👍👍

Good racing. I came in having just put together the car and having rarely driven this track before, it took a while to learn things and get my right foot comfortable. First race wasn't great, but the second I was close to the pace and really enjoyed racing Goodwolf and Cobani. Well, the pace that doesn't include Longbow, who was on another planet. Congrats. 👍

I'll be racing in another series (long time participant there) for the next month, but I hope to be back for the last two rounds. :)

Glad you enjoyed it.
Thank you for the info Sagaris.

Thank you for the video mate! 👍👍👍

It's nice to see that with my faster internet connection I'm no longer "jumping" around. Even if it wasn't that bad, on videos it looked stupid and for the drivers the slightest movement is distracting when you need to make a pass.

2937543851.png

old connection
2499838272.png

Nice, i want mine as good now tho.lol

Great mate!:D
Yes you can sign up and if you think you are ready you can join us today.

No problem. Just be careful, racing on this track is way more difficult than just driving around or hot lapping.

Im working away at the moment wolfie, but when im home i will send you a msg.Thanks buddy, see you online soon.

Thanks for allowing me to participate guys. I have no explanation for the pace...it could be the setup mixed with the fact I have a fair amount of experience at the track (and know where to keep the car from being unsettled), and also that Deep Forest suits my driving style. I probably could have gone the whole distance without stopping but...why risk it, was my thought. It seemed that I could gain it back well enough with time to spare (for traffic or mistakes). At the beginning of race 2 though I thought Goodwolf had upped his pace, and it made me more nervous about it. So I upped my pace to qualifying form for a bit... Otherwise I tried to be very patient in the 2nd race when I was coming through the field. Even though it wasn't really my fault, I left bad for Third's mistake in the first race and didn't want that to happen again.

Thanks for allowing me to participate guys. I have no explanation for the pace...it could be the setup mixed with the fact I have a fair amount of experience at the track (and know where to keep the car from being unsettled), and also that Deep Forest suits my driving style. I probably could have gone the whole distance without stopping but...why risk it, was my thought. It seemed that I could gain it back well enough with time to spare (for traffic or mistakes). At the beginning of race 2 though I thought Goodwolf had upped his pace, and it made me more nervous about it. So I upped my pace to qualifying form for a bit... Otherwise I tried to be very patient in the 2nd race when I was coming through the field. Even though it wasn't really my fault, I left bad for Third's mistake in the first race and didn't want that to happen again.

Do you like rally? In my experience I think I'm much better at Deep Forest and Trial Mountain because of my simrallying know how.

My goal was to get in front of you before T1 but my starts were not that good as usual. In the second race I could see that you were a little nervous but I couldn't stay with you for long to put more pressure. My tyres paid the price and instead of pushing and stopping for the new ones I started saving them and I lost two positions. But because of the fun fight with Sagaris and Cobani I'm not disappointed.👍👍👍

It was brought to my attention that my car did not meet specifications yesterday. To be specific it had more revs than allowed. After reviewing the vehicle it had the ecu upgrade which is not allowed. The mistake is mine as all my game data was lost and while tuning my new car I add the ecu out of habit. This was note done on purpose and I want to apologize to all for the mistake.

It was brought to my attention that my car did not meet specifications yesterday. To be specific it had more revs than allowed. After reviewing the vehicle it had the ecu upgrade which is not allowed. The mistake is mine as all my game data was lost and while tuning my new car I add the ecu out of habit. This was note done on purpose and I want to apologize to all for the mistake.

Apology is accepted. I see that you did it in a hurry because you didn't install or buy the catalytic converter.

Latest Posts

Back