The Maserati Trophy...Season 1 over

• Thread starter Goodwolf
  • 235 comments
Do you like rally? In my experience I think I'm much better at Deep Forest and Trial Mountain because of my simrallying know how.

My goal was to get in front of you before T1 but my starts were not that good as usual. In the second race I could see that you were a little nervous but I couldn't stay with you for long to put more pressure. My tyres paid the price and instead of pushing and stopping for the new ones I started saving them and I lost two positions. But because of the fun fight with Sagaris and Cobani I'm not disappointed.👍👍👍

I don't like rally that much. It is interesting though. I'm not sure how the rallying experience would help?

The starts are difficult to get a big jump on someone, it's not too difficult to launch. They end up pretty even. I was starting to get a bit nervous, I made a few small mistakes. But I gathered myself up and did a string of low 20s to try to pull a gap. Not having to worry too much about tires, and just worry about pace was good for me. ;) I'm glad you had some fun battling.

All good social, now get that big@ss car all shiny and ready for the next race ! 👍

I don't like rally that much. It is interesting though. I'm not sure how the rallying experience would help?

It helps because I'm used to bumps and jumps. When Deep Forest or Trial Mountain are used in an event I'm much better.

Hey guys, remember me? :P I can make Motegi and may make the next round.

Will set a car up and try it out on Motegi and then sort a colour scheme.

Sorry guys, i have been awfully busy these past weeks, and i dont know if ill be able to make the other events, so im going to have to pull out of this. Was really looking forward to it aswell...

Sorry guys, i have been awfully busy these past weeks, and i dont know if ill be able to make the other events, so im going to have to pull out of this. Was really looking forward to it aswell...

There is always next time. :)

Great racing at Deep Forest. My settings not up to the job unfortunately, but good fun all the same. Great combo Dudo 👍

Congratulations to Chris on both wins. :bowdown:

Some pictures from race 1:

Mega pics Gary. This one my fave, airborne!!

I like pic 9. You can see the shade of black on the other cas there so close.👍
Very cool pic, might be joining you guys for the next one..........Hopefully

Hate to burst your bubble here but that's damage on the orange car, most likely from a previous contact :P.

It helps because I'm used to bumps and jumps. When Deep Forest or Trial Mountain are used in an event I'm much better.

I suppose that is true, more so in the high powered cars for sure.

Congratulations to Chris on both wins. :bowdown:

Thanks Gary. I'm sure you'll get me one of these races like you did last time. ;)

And nice shots, although I think I was featured in a few too many. :P I'll probably sneak a few of my own in, maybe around the weekend.

Great photography Gary.

Standings

stand2.png
legend.png

Hi guys

I had a cold for the past two days so finally here are the results.

Thank you Cpt D for great pics as always.👍👍👍

Had a go of it around Motegi last night. It's got a alot of understeer though, even when I made it as loose as possible. The .20 fixed rear toe probably isn't helping me but I managed a 2:05.5 with potential for a 2:04.

7fff589f-79a4-4bab-8e7d-674cf01c2bb8.jpg

Practice for round 3 will be on Saturday at 20:00 GMT (9pm BST).

Round 3: Grand Valley Speedway - 15th September 2013

Event Format
Practice: 18:45GMT (7:45pm BST) start, 15 minutes long

Qualifying 1: 19:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 1: 19:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 20:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 2: 20:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Event Settings
Laps: 19
Start Type: Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: No
Penalty: No
Race Finish Delay: 140 sec
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real

Regulation Settings
Power: 453bhp
Weight: 1400kg
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Medium
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Driving Line: Off
Traction Control: Off
Active Steering: Off
ABS: Off or 1
ASM: Off
Transmission: MT/AT

I think the key to the track is getting a good run though those first fast corners. I only I did a couple laps a few days ago, just seeing if the setup translated from Deep Forest. Only problem I have is the rears seem to go off faster than the fronts a bit. Anyway, I did a 2:03.2, probably could even do better with more refinement, who knows.

I hope to make it, as we have our anual party-weekend in our village.
(Might party a little less, as I need to keep Gary and Longbow at bay. :lol: :P :mischievous: :nervous: )

I will not be around saturday :cheers:

I'm not that quick, and anyway - it's a lucky setup. Also, my wheel has started to malfunction, in which case I would have to reset it. So that might put a nix on my racing ability...

Round 3: Grand Valley Speedway - 15th September 2013

Event Format
Practice: 18:45GMT (7:45pm BST) start, 15 minutes long

Qualifying 1: 19:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 1: 19:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 20:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 2: 20:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Event Settings
Laps: 19
Start Type: Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: No
Penalty: No
Race Finish Delay: 140 sec
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real

Regulation Settings
Power: 453bhp
Weight: 1400kg
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Medium
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Driving Line: Off
Traction Control: Off
Active Steering: Off
ABS: Off or 1
ASM: Off
Transmission: MT/AT

Not much happened during this weeks practice. Cpt. D and myself were the only one who raced. Weal popped in, but had to go so I'll mention the times before todays practice. LonbowX did 2:03.2 and I 2:03.6 without the traffic.
Practice showed very little room for overtaking, and staying close to someone for that important pass on the main straight is not an easy task.

Gentlemen I hope I'll see you tomorrow. I had a very fun time with Gary and wrestling the car while staying close behind. Racing tomorrow will be great.

CPT. Disaster...........2:03.847
Goodwolf.................2:03.951

Goodwolf I've been busy with work this week and had no chance to get any track time. I don't imagine i'll be very competitive and I would hate to influence the racing negatively. I might check in to watch but I would prefer not to participate this week.

Back