The McLaren F1... erh... P1 Thread

• Thread starter deba94
  • 719 comments
Sadly, it will share the fate of most FXX's: To be a gambling tool by rich old men and never be driven :(
Y... You're joking right? The FXX is a development mule for future Ferrari road cars and it does get driven. 10.200 miles in 2006 alone.

The Zonda R was used as an example because Horacio Pagani told evo that the majority of Zonda Rs get used rarely on a track, and are kept away in collections. The Pony I referenced was the Ferrari F150XX (I just can't call it LaFerrari...)

Sadly, it will share the fate of most FXX's: To be a gambling tool by rich old men and never be driven :(
Right.... This was back in 2007 when the FXX Programme was at its beginning.
RTB
"Join the Army and see the world" used to be the recruitment hook, but they probably didn't mean Baghdad and Kabul back in those days.

However, being very trivial by comparison, not meaning to brag, and just wanting to share my great experiences, for me it has now become "Buy an FXX and see the world".

I am writing this at around 5am (local time - jet-lag....) from my hotel room in Shanghai having just arrived here this morning to take part in this weekend's Asia/Pacific Ferrari Racing Days at the Shanghai International Circuit with the FXX.

I have not yet seen my FXX here in China, but it wasn't at Maranello last weekend, so I can only assume that it has arrived.......!!

So that brings me on to the "FXX World Tour"!

My first trip this year was to Bahrain in February - two days free running on the F1 circuit. Totally awesome and fantastic hosts.

The first official European event was at Silverstone 3 weeks ago - great circuit, fast and high lateral Gs, and we were lucky with the dry and sunny weather.

The following weekend I was at Le Mans with my team, Team Modena - difficult weekend but we finished, which is more than can be said for two of the three Audis.

Maranello last weekend was fantastic - an awesome array of classic Ferraris and any one of them I would be delighted and proud to own (although if they were giving them away I'd take the 250 GTO, although my fiancee prefers the 250 SWB!!!).

The fireworks at Fiorano on Friday night were unbelievable - totally and utterly amazing. We have all seen great fireworks at various events, etc, but these were the best I have ever seen.

So that brings me to this weekend in Shanghai. Not much to report yet, apart from the fact that it's a great city and that all the internet connections are very very slow!

I think that there will be 6-8 FXXs on the circuit this weekend, and then we move to Suzuka for the weekend of July 21st - 22nd. Back to Europe for Paul Ricard in early September and then the World Finals at Mugello later that month. The FXX and GTO Evoluzione may be seen at Mugello in early September and Barcelona in October...........

Nothing really to say, but just reporting on the latest of a great year with the FXX. Let me know what you think!

Now that the Programme has shifted focus to the LaFerrari (since that's arguably what the program was developing towards), most do sit in collections now that Ferrari no longer really provides the support teams it used to. However, RTB has shared that owners still bring them out individually to Ferrari Racing Days.

Just to note, '07 was the end of the program, '05 was the beginning. At least for the standard FXX, after that it became the Evolution (in Italian but I can't be bothered to google the spelling so....)

My SoCal uncle sent me this photo, says it's the 2015 P1. Any ideas?
1511464_768841353155327_6647398409633176712_n.jpg

Definitely not a McLaren, possibly a kit car. If it was the 2015 P1 then it would be a downgrade which wouldn't make sense as this looks more along the lines of 12c territory.

My SoCal uncle sent me this photo, says it's the 2015 P1. Any ideas?
1511464_768841353155327_6647398409633176712_n.jpg
No... Just seriously no. Look at the mirrors and see, they're way too small for a road legal production McLaren (legislation and such) plus... Just look at the thing. It's nowhere near any McLaren ever.

Not a McLaren but also not something you trust a valet with.

Since it's a valet parking spot no fool would leave something that rare with them.

It could be something from McLaren Special Operations?

But it doesn't look like a McLaren.
I think it doesn't look like a McLaren. But I think it looks better than the current P1, especially at the front and with no top :cool:

It's an old concept car Bizzarrini helped create with another company as a homage to the original P358; Scuderia Bizzarrini P358S.
DSCF1641.jpg

I remember reading that it took complete priority over whatever the other company involved had planned, & even then, it itself never actually made it to full production. Very, very rare & likely the only car to actually come to fruition of the project.

The concept pictures looks way better, on that picture the build quality doesn't look that good to be honest.

Given that awesome profile, I'm waiting too... for a crazy, Furai-like rear. Make it happen, Ron!

This car looks as if the wing will make every child near it have nightmares, and I bet the performance will give the drivers similar dreams too.

Depends what guidelines the P1 has to follow to race. The XX Programme is a "league" all its own used for development purposes.
Judging by that classic GTR name I'm hoping it's competing in the same class as its legendary predecessor.
I also want to see how McLaren is going to give the P1 a longtail :P

It seems the car might have been leaked ahead of time, though, I don't know how valid these pictures are:

vzt2Nf4.jpg

WRAsz0F.jpg

And here's a link to the article.

I tried reverse image searching to see if I can find better pictures, but I haven't been successful so far and it doesn't look like any other sites are reporting about it. Take this with a grain of salt.

It seems the car might have been leaked ahead of time, though, I don't know how valid these pictures are:

vzt2Nf4.jpg

WRAsz0F.jpg

And here's a link to the article.

I tried reverse image searching to see if I can find better pictures, but I haven't been successful so far and it doesn't look like any other sites are reporting about it. Take this with a grain of salt.
Looks plausible, can't really see any BadShopping here and it looks like a proper McLaren photoshoot

God any version of the P1 is just the most beautiful car i have ever seen :cheers: viper is still my favorite car ever. But recently i have fallen in love with the P1 :):bowdown:

Back