The Metal ThreadMusic 

Love Metal is officially the genre, sadly.
Jack
I hope by "HIM's hook-writing flair" it means that the vocals are catchy, not that the sound is the same...
I would assume that it does mean that the vocals are catchy. I'm also hoping that they mean old In Flames, not new In Flames.

It should be interesting, anyhow.

Hmm...found some new bands tonight. Has anyone ever heard of Sonata Arctica or Kamelot? Both good power metal bands. :) Similar in sound to Rhaposdy/Nightwish/Theroin I would say.

I have a Sonata Arctica album somwhere, and some covers they did in tribute albums too. Good band, but I don't care about it much. I don't think I ever listened to Kamelot, if I did it was a long time ago.

For some reason, I have the Sonata Arctica discography, but I'm not much of a fan. I also have a couple of Kamelot albums. I'm not really a big Power Metal fan, though.

I should really give it another go.

Integra Type R
Hmm...found some new bands tonight. Has anyone ever heard of Sonata Arctica or Kamelot? Both good power metal bands. :) Similar in sound to Rhaposdy/Nightwish/Theroin I would say.
I've heard a few Sonata Arctica songs, but not my cup of tea. Power metal just isn't really my thing in general.

I think I'm really attracted to power metal because even though it's relatively hard and fast, they still actually sing instead of screaming/grunting. Not that I'm totally opposed to that, though.
;)

Integra Type R
I think I'm really attracted to power metal because even though it's relatively hard and fast, they still actually sing instead of screaming/grunting. Not that I'm totally opposed to that, though.
;)
Have you heard anything by Symphony X? They aren't power metal, but I think you'll like them.

THE ED3
I like clasical music so I'm not sure what you mean. Like, they do mostly classical with some rock or what?
Go listen to to "Smoke And Mirrors" and you'll know what I mean by classical-influence (and Michael Romeo loving Yngwie Malmsteen). ;)

The intro especially sounds like a classical concerto played on guitar.

I dont have a high speed connection so I cant listen to anything. I would have just listened to the samples if I could have...

Integra Type R
Hmm...found some new bands tonight. Has anyone ever heard of Sonata Arctica or Kamelot? Both good power metal bands. Similar in sound to Rhaposdy/Nightwish/Theroin I would say.

Sonata Arctica is pretty good at covers. They cover Metallica's Ride the Lightning and it's really good. Maiden's The Trooper as well.

As to their non-cover work, they are okay, but not much above the rest. Kamelot on the other hand, I think I've mentioned it before. Not one of my favourite bands, but still, if you like the genre, you'll probably enjoy them.

The ED3
The Whore's Trophy - Symphony In Peril

Hmm... don't think I've ever heard that band. Upon a bit of a search I came up with only that album, but no description of the music.

Diego440
Hmm... don't think I've ever heard that band. Upon a bit of a search I came up with only that album, but no description of the music.

That bad, then? :dopey:

I'm really liking this Kamelot album. It's called Epica.

Integra Type R
I'm really liking this Kamelot album. It's called Epica.

alright... been looking through my extensive collection (about 140Gbs) and although I know I had a Kamelot album, it's gone now... probably deleted, since as I said, I don't like it that much. However, I've found a few songs I've kept, and they are the only songs I liked of the band. You might want to check out these songs: March of Mephisto, Center of the Universe and Forever. They also appear on a Metal Hammer CD called Best of Metal or something of the sort.

Good luck with 'em.

Diego440

I couldnt find anything else either. Thats why I was asking the experts here.

Well, its been nice talking to you guys but I doubt any of you will hear from me again. have nice lives. 👍

I'm not sure about some of the vocal style but it is different which is good.

Are christian bands forbiden in this thread? Zao and Demon hunter are pretty good...

Well, ok then. I went into best buy to buy a usb flash drive. I was going to buy Zao's funeral for god or whatever its called... But then I think to buy the Symphony in peril album. Well, it sounded pretty good there so I bought it. Its basicly metalcore of which I generaly hate the vocals of all metalcore but the actual music part isnt bad. It also came with a sample disc of more terrible vocals but some decent music.

CRADLE of SIN
Are christian bands forbiden in this thread? Zao and Demon hunter are pretty good...
If it's metal, it's welcome.*

I've found a lot of Christian bands don't even sing about Christianity. I like As I Lay Dying and Still Remains (both Christian metalcore bands) and they sing more about life and relationships. Being atheist myself, I'm not really fond of songs preaching the bible, but if they don't sing about those things they're fine by me.

* Unless it's nu metal trash. (:

Back