The Middle East

The collapse of the Islamic Republic seems entirely plausible at this point. The protestors are not letting up and the government is looking increasingly illegitimate. Allegedly, although the sources are not known for credibility, Iranian officials are attempting to get British passports. At least one British MP appears to corroborate it, though I'm not sure how credible he is either.

Iran’s Hard-Liners Are Starting to Crack

Last edited:
The collapse of the Islamic Republic seems entirely plausible at this point. The protestors are not letting up and the government is looking increasingly illegitimate. Allegedly, although the sources are not known for credibility, Iranian officials are attempting to get British passports. At least one British MP appears to corroborate it, though I'm not sure how credible he is either.

Iran’s Hard-Liners Are Starting to Crack
Why the UK? Why not China or Russia, where they might be able to be protected?

Without wishing to state the obvious, China and Russia are totalitarian hell zones where the regimes in charge are literally engaged in genocide as we speak and think nothing of murdering anyone who speaks out against them, which is exactly what the Iran protests are about too.

The UK might have a bunch of incompetents in charge at the moment, but it is literally nothing like these places and the Iranians know it. They also know that the US is a safe haven for them too, and rightly so... and I know that from personal experience too.

Last edited:
Without wishing to state the obvious, China and Russia are totalitarian hell zones where the regimes in charge are literally engaged in genocide as we speak and think nothing of murdering anyone who speaks out against them, which is exactly what the Iran protests are about too.

The UK might have a bunch of incompetents in charge at the moment, but it is literally nothing like these places and the Iranians know it. They also know that the US is a safe haven for them too, and rightly so... and I know that from personal experience too.
I would be both surprised and not surprised that the US would protect the current Iranian regime.

The simple answer is that they would greatly prefer western nations, particularly if they know that might not be an option in the future. The great hypocrisy is that many members of the Iranian government have family outside of the country (in the West) because they know better than most the condition of Iran. Many of them are western-educated too - Rouhani studied in Scotland, Zarif studied in San Francisco, Denver, and Columbia. The entire ruling class of Iran are self interested and power/money-hungry hypocrites rather than genuine Islamists - not materially different than Russian Oligarchs populating various penthouses in London or yachts in Nice.

Last edited:
Contrary to western reporting, it does not appear that the morality police have actually been disbanded. However, and this is not necessarily indicative of what is happening everywhere in the country*, it's plainly obvious that the hijab has been effectively discarded by many Iranian women - hard to believe most of this footage is actually from Tehran, a stark contrast from even a year ago. I think the revolution is happening as a gradual dissolution of the authority of the Mullahs.

Elsewhere, a 3-day nationwide strike is ongoing and I'm told it is very widespread.

*Wealthier areas are the most progressive, but there are similar videos of far more conservative parts of Tehran and even there the amount of women without Hijabs is surprisingly high.

Last edited:
Iran trying to start a war on two fronts is probably NOT the most intelligent move when it comes to strategy.

Who had Iran vs....Pakistan??...on their 2024 bingo card?

The middle east seems more chaotic than ever and its hard to even say who is with who at any given time.

Iran trying to start a war on two fronts is probably NOT the most intelligent move when it comes to strategy.
In this case it seems both Iran and Pakistan where attacking these people [and their militia] who live throughout the region but make up a very small percentage of population in several countries. So while it seems Iran and Pakistan are blaming each other, their goals appear to be similar. I smell a cross-border genocide of Baloch people brewing.

Last edited:
Back