The Mitsuoka Rock Star Is a Case of Honey I Shrunk the Corvette

I prefer this over it's donor's body. I've seen a few MX5s around and they just give me an image of an OAP's car. Probably because that's only who I see drive them, old grannies.

It looks like someone converted a corvette into an amphibious ready boat car. The contemporary side panel height of modern cars really bugs me and they marred a corvette design with exactly that.

They need your money so maybe one day they’ll be able to afford to build a real car instead of these terrible CGI models.

I still dream of one day importing a Viewt and racing it in LeMons or something. Or riding away in a Le Seyde at my wedding.

I didn't know that Mitsuoka made production cars. The only vehicle I've seen from them is this little bugger:

70005048113018022300400.jpg

...and I'd like to own that, too.

I like it. But then again, I like the Orochi. What I'd really like to see them do is build a Miata-based '53-'54 C1 including Motorama dream car variants.

Oh and if anyone's curious about the AAT Vette I mention in the article, this is it:

It's as if someone saw the Shelby Series 1 and took it as a personal challenge to make an uglier quasi-retro car that you could actually buy.

Woof.

It's as if someone saw the Shelby Series 1 and took it as a personal challenge to make an uglier quasi-retro car that you could actually buy.

Woof.
And there's some rich tech bro in Simi Valley who is at this very moment cruising around in one of these and thinking he's the bee's knees.

I've actually met the guy behind that car numerous times. His son owned a store on Woodward Ave. outside Detroit that sold a ton of cool models and what not. He also hosted the Cars & Coffee event in the area too and there was also cool stuff there. @NISM0_SKYLINE probably has met him too.

Even worse, that's not his worse creation. This is his "weekend fun car":

02_heldo_03.jpg

It's even worse in real life and looks exactly like it was made in his garage - which it wasn't, but still.

It seems like once you have an eye for terrible designs, you just keep doing it. Mitsuoka is no different.

I've actually met the guy behind that car numerous times. His son owned a store on Woodward Ave. outside Detroit that sold a ton of cool models and what not. He also hosted the Cars & Coffee event in the area too and there was also cool stuff there. @NISM0_SKYLINE probably has met him too.

Sure have! He's not the most talkative guy ever. I think it's cool he makes his own cars, but boy they aren't my taste.

In a Top Gear article I came across, some of the pictures look like Scapes shots. Here are the two that stick out the most.
FF32E5EE-A3B8-4557-8836-545B7622607B.jpeg
FDACB8DB-002A-44AE-A600-3E459261E115.jpeg

This is a big compliment to the Scapes mode,it's good enough to be compared to car industry photos.

But i don't think this car is coming to GTS.

Indeed it is. If it weren’t for the non-uniformed driver in the second pic, you could probably pass them off as actual Scapes photos.

I wouldn’t totally rule out this car eventually making its way to the franchise, though. It’s enough of an oddball car and we know PD is no stranger to those.

I’d love to see it in GT Sport. It’d fit right in with the diverse roster of road cars.

If I could fit in one of these, I'd buy one. It looks cute.

Even worse, that's not his worse creation. This is his "weekend fun car":

02_heldo_03.jpg

It's even worse in real life and looks exactly like it was made in his garage - which it wasn't, but still.

It seems like once you have an eye for terrible designs, you just keep doing it. Mitsuoka is no different.

Is there a donor car for this... Thing? Or is it a full custom job? I ask because there's a concept sketch from the early 90's for a GT car that never made it into real life that looks close to this.
cov.jpg

Last edited:
Back