The most difficult corner in F1 2010

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 103 comments
Actually I just remember, the turn in Korea just before where Webber had his crash. It's so hard to judge and take any considerable speed through it.

Not sure if its exactly the hardest but definitely one of the most annoying - turn 2 at Singapore, its one of the most pointless and annoying corners on any track anywhere. You're going slow enough anyway coming through turn 1, especially as turn 3 is a very sow corner as well, I just don't see the point in turn 2. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Circuit de Catalunya , Chicane RACC is a pain because of the kerbs are high always upsets the car when you attack them wrong .

Same. I can never get round it with any real speed without spinning. I've seen the AI go off there occasionally, but usually I'll look behind me and there's a car right on my tail after that chicane.

If there's one corner that I just can't do for the life of me, it's turn 3 at Korea. I've never been able to get my head around the entry speed. Either I brake too early and arrive at 10mph and get overtaken about 10 times, or I arrive way too fast and understeer straight into the gravel.

If your all struggling with turn 1 at brazil and turkey, all you have to do is brake in time and get on to the kurb. They take away all that understeer. Works like a charm.

Early exit for Degner 2, you should be on the power really early. I always think conservative is best for Degner 1, as Degner 2 is more important.

Bizarre as it may seem I always struggle on the last corner at Melbourne, I can just never carry good speed through as the car always seems to want to spin on exit.

^^
Last corner at Melbourne can be a real pig, according to the safety car driver's guide notes it is slippery in real life, so either Codies have really nailed that or its a fluke. Either way I do find it a tricky one, definitely becomes easier over time though, go wide right on entry, turn, then put your foot down.

^^
Last corner at Melbourne can be a real pig, according to the safety car driver's guide notes it is slippery in real life, so either Codies have really nailed that or its a fluke. Either way I do find it a tricky one, definitely becomes easier over time though, go wide right on entry, turn, then put your foot down.

I just take the fastest line but go easy on the throttle. You're right though, it's an interesting corner because it's hard to take flat out.

Suzuka both Degners always hated suzuka.

I don't mind those too much, it's turn 1 that gives me fits.....I can't seem to stay in the throttle this deep into the turn (like the real life drivers can) then brake and turn at the same time sufficient to maintain good cornering speed without flying off into the kitty litter. :banghead:

I just take the fastest line but go easy on the throttle. You're right though, it's an interesting corner because it's hard to take flat out.

I find the best way to take it is fairly aggressively, if you are too timid with it you will have traction issues, take it fast enough and on the right line and you can take it almost flat out.

For me, it's turn 9 at Catalunya. It doesn't seem that hard, but I can never seem to get it just right.

The whole silverstone section with the fast sweeps man are those tough. I always thought I was good at silverstone until now.

Getting the right line in turn 1 on China, Shanghai is also a challenge. Its such a looooooong corner ...

Thats easy here is how u do it, at 100m board back off and turn in downshifting slowly to 3d then apply some brake, I have the brake bias on 53 Rear. This is probably the most frustrated I am with the game, no bias adjustment

I find the chicane in the middle of sector 2 at Catalunya hard to get right as well as turn 1 at Brazil because even with the racing line on, it's hard to find the optimum spot for; braking, turning and getting back on the throttle. Also the turn before the final corner at Sepang is quite tricky to handle.

Turn 15 in Australia seems to be my worst corner, no matter what I can't seem to get it down.

Sainte Devote, the first turn at Monaco I can never take as fast as I want to. Every time I hit it nearly perfect I know I'm still losing a lot of time there and up the hill.

Turn one at Istanbul. 95% of the time I run wide by either turning in too early and being pushed wide or turn in too late and run wide :) frustrating to get it just right

The left-right-left-right-left combination in the first sector at Silverstone. Just can't get it right most of the time.

Try not to go too deep in to the final right or you will lose speed all the way down Hangar straight.

I've been struggling with the double lefts at Shanghai after the quick left-right in sector 2. I never feel fast there.

Turn 1 at Brazil is also pretty challenging to brake right for, since I don't use ABS. And you go into that corner thinking you can just go a little bit faster...

For me so far it's been the Chicane right before the Finish line at Montreal. I set my brake bias to the rear to prevent lockup and front end pushing when braking into a corner. So when i come flying down that striaght and brake for that Chicane it get's hairy every time.

For me so far it's been the Chicane right before the Finish line at Montreal. I set my brake bias to the rear to prevent lockup and front end pushing when braking into a corner. So when i come flying down that striaght and brake for that Chicane it get's hairy every time.

The 'Wall of Champions' has tasted a lot of carbon fibre, real and virtual :)

Latest Posts

Back