The most difficult corner in F1 2010

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 103 comments
Turn 4 at Barhain is a pain in the ass, if you clip the apex too finely then you spin however is you miss the apex and take a wider line in the hope of going faster the bumps un-settle the car and you spin...so bloody annoying

Turn 4 at Barhain is a pain in the ass, if you clip the apex too finely then you spin however is you miss the apex and take a wider line in the hope of going faster the bumps un-settle the car and you spin...so bloody annoying

Now that we've finished that race in the championship i'm willing to explain how I take that corner :sly: Brake at the 100 metre board, just miss the apex but stay within a couple of feet of it and take it in 3rd gear and go easy on the throttle. The 'problem' corners of Bahrain, 1, 4 and 18 I didn't find an issue during the race. However I got caught out on the run off of the final corner of the lap by taking too much kerb with too much throttle - this is a bad combination.

Now that we've finished that race in the championship i'm willing to explain how I take that corner :sly: Brake at the 100 metre board, just miss the apex but stay within a couple of feet of it and take it in 3rd gear and go easy on the throttle. The 'problem' corners of Bahrain, 1, 4 and 18 I didn't find an issue during the race. However I got caught out on the run off of the final corner of the lap by taking too much kerb with too much throttle - this is a bad combination.

Thanks Shaggy, I will bare that in mind, can't wait for Australia!

The final chicane at Montreal is impossible to nail. You are either slow and safe or fast, back end stepping out kerb hopping.

Another one that's very difficult to consistently get right is turn 11 at Sepang:

727px-Sepang.svg.png

Firstly it's hard to consistently find the braking point, then there is only one fast line through it which you must take, but it's very hard to judge how much speed you can carry through the apex without running horribly wide.

I didn't play F1 2010 much but completed this race in career mode yesterday. All I can say is ASFJKLÖSFAJKLÖFSAJÖSFJLÖSF. Especially corners 5, 6 & 11. :grumpy:

I didn't play F1 2010 much but completed this race in career mode yesterday. All I can say is ASFJKLÖSFAJKLÖFSAJÖSFJLÖSF. Especially corners 5, 6 & 11. :grumpy:

Once you know how to take them 5 & 6 aren't bat at'tal. Watch the example onboard video starting at 40".

So as demonstrated, the key is to stay on the inside of 5 to give you a good turn in angle for the inside of 6. If done correctly you can take 5 nearly flat and 6 definitely flat out.

As Shaggy described earlier, 11 is w/o question a challenging corner to maximize speed through. Even with a professionals video to use as an aid ;)

^ I don't mind 5/6, it just requires a slight lift off the throttle. 11 is crucial because it's very easy to lose time there and 14 is tricky because you are braking whilst turning and it's off camber.

Nice track though, I started a new career the other week with Torro Rosso and came third there last night. Funnily enough, I was leading for most of the race but two slight errors (one at 11 and one at 14) dropped my down to 3rd... :banghead:

For me it is turn 9 at Catalunya, ill put the track up here:
bridgestone_circuit_map_spain.jpg

I think it is such a hard corner to get right :/

Last edited:
waynz
The only corner that I balls up every time would be the last chicane of Montreal (wall of champions) ... without fail if I try to ride the added bump I kick the back out or hit the wall... /sigh

Strangely I mastered that corner rather quickly. Sucks if there's traffic though.

Back