The Most Overrated Car(s) in GT4

• Thread starter samj_13
  • 202 comments
The Mines Skyline GTR is the (in most cases) fastest road based car in GT4 (that is a real car in real life not made up by PD). Just because PD included a lot of Skylines in GT4 (but missed some important ones) I don't see how that makes it overrated.

Anyway, has anybody ever said Skylines were amazing in GT4?
I know people do IRL, but I've never heard the GT4 player fanatic.

BY the way, the Skylines AWD system is the best I've driven, in GT4, it's the only redeeming quality this 1500+ KG, Leadsled has going for it. And I know EXACTLY what dunda means when he says "where's all that power going"? but I guess it's no different than any of the other AWD's, they're all much slower than RWD and FWD, after 1st or 2nd gear.

I'm gonna have to say the RX-7 is the most overrated car, outright.
It's fastest known 'ring time on N2's is below all These:
RS4
M3
Skyline GT-R R34
NSX-R
Z06
Impreze STI Spec C

And that's an '02!
With a GTO banging on it's back door

LeadSlead#2
Anyway, has anybody ever said Skylines were amazing in GT4?
I know people do IRL, but I've never heard the GT4 player fanatic.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

Well, I would say the black beauties. Most of the people hate all the Skylines and the S.S. Trueno, so I wouldn't say they are overrated. The S.S. Trueno sucks to most people because it is a hard car to drive fast. My friend drives that car once or twice almost every time he plays gt4, and once you master that car, get used to the shifts and the powerband, its really a fast machine. Especially compared to other cars that usually go up against it.

as for the trueno, I simply despise the cult following, other than that, I dont have a problem with it, it just doesnt offer anything special, it's not horrible, bad, good, or spectacular in any way. it's absolute mediocrity

The Ford GT... THE BRAKES ARE PIECES OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!! My Spec Nur GTR runs better times then a fully modded one.. Pfft..

Then Again my Spec Nur GTR, makes most cars look like crap :)

PERFECT BALANCE
Well, I would say the black beauties. Most of the people hate all the Skylines and the S.S. Trueno, so I wouldn't say they are overrated. The S.S. Trueno sucks to most people because it is a hard car to drive fast. My friend drives that car once or twice almost every time he plays gt4, and once you master that car, get used to the shifts and the powerband, its really a fast machine. Especially compared to other cars that usually go up against it.

I agree. The S.S. Version of the Trueno is brilliant, but the black beauties. I had an R92CP which was set up perfectly, and I used to brake late from 240mp/h into Indianapolis on La Sarthe I, and have no problems.
The most over-rated car is the SLR, and I do know that some people love it, and some people hate it, but the people who love it are completely wrong.

xjr-9

Why everyone calling the '86 Levin Apex overated?
Do you see 1,000's of GTP members talking about a Toyota Levin, it's a good drift car, it dose'nt mean it's overated . . . .

Lots of people in this thread call it crap, well if you think crap means overated, how come no-one has called a Fiat 500 overrated yet?

as much as i love skyline's, i'm gonna have to agree with everyone here that they're overrated. way too many of these in the game, but too much of a good thing is still a good thing. perhaps they should have balanced this with more versions of many different cars. i'm only impressed by the skylines now with a little bit o' tuning and a set of sport tires.....

niky
Don't really need it. The black cars have less hp than a "brand new" version of the same car, so they don't have quite as much punch down the straights. But with a chassis refresh, there's not much difference, handling-wise.

@Pink_the_Floyd: I'll call your RX7 and raise you one NSX. Not much happening down the straights, but a killer round the corners when pitted against anything else.

Of course, now someone's going to say they're over-rated, too... :lol:

nsx - not so much overrated, as overpriced.....always a sick car (r.i.p.)

to LEADSLEAD#2: how is the FD overrated? handles like a dream, i say. a Z06 will obviously spank an FD, as will the M3.....basically, the rx-7's price isn't ridiculous; you get what you pay for. i see what your point is though. but that doesn't mean that the reputation of the FD is incorrect: they are fun as hell.

SineSierra
i see what your point is though. but that doesn't mean that the reputation of the FD is incorrect: they are fun as hell.
I don't suppose "hell" is very fun now is it?

Just kidding, I had to do it. FD's are great cars. You usually pay more for the rotary than the acual performance though.

George Morley
Do you see 1,000's of GTP members talking about a Toyota Levin, it's a good drift car, it dose'nt mean it's overated . . . .

Lots of people in this thread call it crap, well if you think crap means overated, how come no-one has called a Fiat 500 overrated yet?

It's overrated in the fact that everyone jumps for joy when they see that car, and everyone always buys it. Point being, there are other cars that are just like it, but people prefer the AE86 because it was in Initial D, or in D1, or something like that. It's not a bad car, but why choose that car only, when their are others like it?

That's how I interpret "over-rated".

Any Skyline from any GT is over-rated, they really aren't the best thing since sliced bread, but it is an average performance car.

George Morley

Don't you call the Fiat 500 crap....

Grrrrrrr

Angry Scaff

Ok. There are many AE86 haters out here. Yes, over rated is a deffinate word for the car. I own one, I love it to death, and I love drifting. But I am in no way an Initial D fanboy. When modified, it handles well, and has great response. I have driven my Trueno against some bad super cars, and I always win.

I think I have to say a few words in the defence of the Skylines, although it will probably get me a flaming.

Sure, it's not a supercar like a Ford GT or a Ferrari, but some real life facts:

Lamborghini Diablo is a supercar, I think we all agree on that. But, it can be beaten in acceleration even by a stock GT-R as the Skyline is pulling away while the Diablo struggles for grip. And the stock model only has around 300 bhp, whereas the tuned versions boast power figures from 400 to almost 500 bhp.

Speaking of GT4 then, I have yet to see another car that weighs 1500+ kg as stock, can seat four people and has a decent trunk but can exceed 300 mph and lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in well under six minutes in the hands of a skilled driver when tuned.

There may be such cars, but there are not many of them. Call me biased if you want to, I may be just that, but don't call Skylines overrated mediocre cars without knowing what they are capable of.

- R -

S30T
Agreed. Trueno is an econo hatch hyped up by Initial D. While its not a terrible car, its highly overrated.

You would totally change your mind if you drove one in real life. I beat S14s in mine. And what kind of econo car comes with a twin cam engine and an LSD? (although they don't come with LSDs in the game, but mine has one) Even if they only had 112 hp (USA model) 128 hp (Japan model), I have to say, I have had many suprising races in that car. At least in real life.

PERFECT BALANCE
I don't suppose "hell" is very fun now is it?

Just kidding, I had to do it. FD's are great cars. You usually pay more for the rotary than the acual performance though.

very true. i say it's a fair trade for the handling though.

LastHours
You would totally change your mind if you drove one in real life. I beat S14s in mine. And what kind of econo car comes with a twin cam engine and an LSD? (although they don't come with LSDs in the game, but mine has one) Even if they only had 112 hp (USA model) 128 hp (Japan model), I have to say, I have had many suprising races in that car. At least in real life.
It may not be over rated in real life, but its over rated in the game. And imo beating an S14 isn't that big of an accomplishment :/

S30T
Agreed. Trueno is an econo hatch hyped up by Initial D. While its not a terrible car, its highly overrated.
You sir, don't know ****

Tureno= Sexyesty drifter next to the S14 Silvia :) and even sexier in deepdish rims!

It's nothing near a Eco-car..

Hapul
Minolta - there's so much hype about it being the fastest, but it's not that far superior to anything

In theory, I guess the Minolta Toyota should be the fastest among all the LMP cars due to it's high hp and it's low weight. I still think the Toyota GT-One is capable of beating it, but I'm not the man to prove it. Still, turning 4:44.6 on the 'Ring using the Minolta must prove something about it being fast.

TS
Any Skyline from any GT is over-rated, they really aren't the best thing since sliced bread, but it is an average performance car.

Any? Average performace?

Have you tried the Mines Skyline GTR?

S30T

Econ hatch??? There was a FWD hatch developed at the same time as the AE86 which was the econo hatch. the AE86 was a competition car built to fit in various classes both on circuits and on rallies. It was light and powerful for its size. Even now there are very few NA 1600cc cars that have more power (I know - VTEC :rolleyes: ).

Of course its never going to match a Skyline or whatever, and the Initial D crap is a pain, but credit where credit's due, it's a great LITTLE car.

Ram-Rod
Panoz Espranate. Or however you spell it. It shouldn't gost the same as a Toyota GT1.

niky
RE: Cizeta: For it to be over-rated, someone has to rate it, first. :lol:
Exactly: For some reason, PD chose to make it understeer worse than the Panoz in GT3, where it was just acceptable, but something a little different. In GT4, it can't turn. I've never heard a polite word vaulted at the GT4 Esperante.

Back