The most useless car...

England
Hawkhurst
watashi49
I've tried Sport Mode, got a C/S rating (I consider myself to be 'Captain Slow-But-Fair'), but I don't really enjoy racing in Sport mode so tend to stick with GT League events, mainly trying to find the lowest grade car to win any particular race. I know it makes me boring, but I'm not harming anybody! ;)

I know I'm not the first to do it but, having just paid out 3.6 million credits for a McLaren P1, I now have a 'full set' of cars. Playing just the GT League events, it occurred to me that I'd just splashed out for a car that I don't think I will ever use; I don't think it fits the criteria for any GT League race. It is therefore my nomination for the 'most useless car' award.

There are other cars that I think fit into the same 'unusable' category (the Zonda R for example) but the P1 gets my nomination because it's twice the price of the Zonda.

Not quite as useless, but it gets my second nomination anyway, is the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata Zagato. This can be used in the Nostalgic 1979 race but, even fully loaded, it's so far out of its depths that it simply isn't worth using.

Any other nominations?

I've tried Sport Mode, got a C/S rating (I consider myself to be 'Captain Slow-But-Fair'), but I don't really enjoy racing in Sport mode so tend to stick with GT League events, mainly trying to find the lowest grade car to win any particular race. I know it makes me boring, but I'm not harming anybody! ;)

I know I'm not the first to do it but, having just paid out 3.6 million credits for a McLaren P1, I now have a 'full set' of cars. Playing just the GT League events, it occurred to me that I'd just splashed out for a car that I don't think I will ever use; I don't think it fits the criteria for any GT League race. It is therefore my nomination for the 'most useless car' award.

There are other cars that I think fit into the same 'unusable' category (the Zonda R for example) but the P1 gets my nomination because it's twice the price of the Zonda.

Not quite as useless, but it gets my second nomination anyway, is the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata Zagato. This can be used in the Nostalgic 1979 race but, even fully loaded, it's so far out of its depths that it simply isn't worth using.

Any other nominations?
I say all the X class cars. Cant really use them for anything but one makes. They should all be reclassified to the other classes so we can use them more often. That's what they did in GT6 and we got to use them more often.

Last edited:
Considering the joy of driving, I should say everything with less than 200 bhp.
I also agree about the X Class, a reclassification is necessary.

Also the Beat is one hell of a ride :lol:

To add to that, if anyone thinks the 1965 Mini is useless or boring, they wouldn't know much about driving, in my opinion.

Re the topic question, I'm tempted to agree with the Fiat 500F. It is a classic and an extremely big influence on all city cars, but it needs something compatible to race against. However, at least it is eligible for many GT League races even if you wont win with it. So it's not "useless" just impractical in my opinion.

So weirdly, I'm torn between the slowest car in the game (the Fiat) and one of the fastest (the McLaren) which is group X and cant race against anything except for itself, and even then only in Custom races and Arcade Mode.

The Alfa TZ is fine. You'd be looking at the Gordini for most useless. Monza anyone? Anyone?

Also, the Kopen VGT. Try using that in the VGT races.

The Alfa TZ is fine. You'd be looking at the Gordini for most useless. Monza anyone? Anyone?

Also, the Kopen VGT. Try using that in the VGT races.
I agree that the Alfa is a lovely car and that it's great to drive, but can it win any GT League race?

Although the Gordini won't get you any handicap credits, it's a hoot to drive in the Compétition de France races. 👍

Considering the joy of driving, I should say everything with less than 200 bhp.
I also agree about the X Class, a reclassification is necessary.
If everyone will believe this, then it simply means the Mazda Roadster S '15 and Mazda Roadster Touring Car are worthless cars, too. Oh, plus the Corolla Levin and the Sprinter Trueno duo would count as well. Fyi all of these choices have below 200bhp.

I agree that the Alfa is a lovely car and that it's great to drive, but can it win any GT League race?

Although the Gordini won't get you any handicap credits, it's a hoot to drive in the Compétition de France races. 👍
If it's fun to drive, does it have to win? From what I read, all times bring stock, may as well make any car less than the P330 useless.

I don't own the 20 mil FORD GT. can that be used outside of the Nostalgic race? Sunday Cup maybe?

If it's fun to drive, does it have to win? From what I read, all times bring stock, may as well make any car less than the P330 useless.

I don't own the 20 mil FORD GT. can that be used outside of the Nostalgic race? Sunday Cup maybe?
Although the P330 can also be used in La Festa Cavallino, I don't think the Ford Mk IV (or the Jaguar XJ13) can be used anywhere else in GT League other than the Nostalgic races. None of them can be used in the Sunday Cup because that series has a power limit of something like 374bhp. 👎

Although the P330 can also be used in La Festa Cavallino, I don't think the Ford Mk IV (or the Jaguar XJ13) can be used anywhere else in GT League other than the Nostalgic races. None of them can be used in the Sunday Cup because that series has a power limit of something like 374bhp. 👎
The Sunday Cup is not open to race cars. That’s why you can’t use the Gordini, XJ13, Alfa TZ2, RS01, etc.

I’m going to go ahead and say the Fiat 500. There are no GT League one-make events for it and it’s obviously too underpowered to really compete with anything aside from the Sambabus and Beetle, but even then you need to jack up the power for it.
Technically, it’s an Abarth 500, not your usual Fiat 500. I think it’d be great if there were more N100 events, and especially if those events limited you to other hot hatches.

That aside, I don’t think there’s truly such thing as a “useless car” in GT. I think a car only becomes “useless” when the surrounding infrastructure makes it seem poorly-implemented. Like how some mentioned the Zonda R and P1 GTR since they’re in Gr.X. For that particular case, I’d form a class solely for track-only cars that aren’t necessarily race cars. It’d include the P1 GTR, Zonda R, as well as the Vulcan. I’d also create a class for “featherweights,” which would include the X-Bow (both Street and R), BAC Mono, LCC Rocket, Caterham 7 (any variant), Ariel Atom (any variant), and Lotus 2-Eleven (as well as the 3-Eleven).

Last edited:
If everyone will believe this, then it simply means the Mazda Roadster S '15 and Mazda Roadster Touring Car are worthless cars, too. Oh, plus the Corolla Levin and the Sprinter Trueno duo would count as well. Fyi all of these choices have below 200bhp.

I drive the two Mazdas when I have to (i.e. to clear some events). I haven't driven the two Toyotas and I don't intend to. Driving pleasure isn't defined the same way for everyone.

Technically, it’s an Abarth 500, not your usual Fiat 500. I think it’d be great if there were more N100 events, and especially if those events limited you to other hot hatches.

I'm going by the manufacturer the game has it listed under.

I'm going by the manufacturer the game has it listed under.
Oh, I forgot about the actual 1960s Fiat 500 that’s in the game, and I thought you were talking about the late-00s Abarth 500. I’d personally make a group for 1960s hot hatches, too, like the Beetle and 500, but also if they ever add stuff like the Citroen 2CV.

None of the cars are useless. It's rather flawed game design that turns some cars into dust collectors. My point? Don't blame the cars, because their perceived usefulness is only a symptom of things wrong with the game.

Honda Project 2&4.

Because it's motorcycle. :D

I agree but for differents reasons. This car don't have any suspension settings availables and it's far to be good concerning the overall balance and driving sensation.
It's a shame because it could be a substitute of my beloved Lotus Elise in this power x weight range . It would be a wonderfull monotype to race anywhere online.

Other than this the FIAT 500 is a good soporific around any track , from route X to tsukuba.

My personal list (from most useless to least most useless if that makes sense :lol: ) . Note use in online lobby's dosen't count since people use everything there.
BMW M6 GT3 (M Power Livery)
just a needless duplicate i can't understand why PD can't do things like Assetto Corsa where you simply choose a car and there are many livery's available on a different tab .:banghead:
Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 Colour Variation I partially blame the game for this because it classifies a simple colour change as a "Livery" and due to the "no livery" stupulation we get a duplicate with limited options at nearly 6 times the price of the BMW.
BMW I3 i blame the game for this one too because it dosen't have a energy consumption system the car is simply an eco-box and that maybe good in real life but not in a racing game.
Tesla Model S Same as the I3 but it looks and drives better at least.
Fiat 500 I love but its too slow to be of any use however at least you can make it that little bit faster by increasing the power unlike the electric cars.
Daihatsu Copen VGT This car is an insult to the Vision GT program simply a modified copen with different bodywork .
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Lovely car but it can only be used in one event without any chance of winning for the price of a well equiped garage.
Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone
A really cool car and it can technically compete in N100 but it dosen't have a real chance and all of that for the price of a GR.1 car.
BMW M4 & Mercedes AMG GTS safety cars The light bar i cool and all they are next to free due to the mileage points but they can be used in a very limited list of events compare to thair N claas counterparts and they don't get used as actual safety cars ...for goodness sake the AMG spends more time doing its job on the 🤬 intro and the only time we saw the M4 was in that oval race on the copper box unveiling event back in 2016.
Toyota Corolla Levin Absolutely nothing on offer compare to the Trueno pointless addition.
Renault Clio R.S 220 EDC Trophy 2016
Christ i hope Renault paid PD and not vise versa because what the 🤬 were they thinking? barely a facelift and its 34 kilos heavier so technically slower.
Subaru BRZ S More or less same resson as the clio but at least its for a different brand for those who prefer Subaru over Toyota .
Renault RS.01 2016 Although it has slightly different performance and better (closer to the real thing ) sound it can't do anything more than the GT3 version and it costs 50.000 more.
Lexus RC F GT3 2017 The RC F Is one of the best GR.3 cars how ever i decided to include it for 2 ressons 1 Given how reletively soon we got it (6 months since release) when we know from PD it takes 6 months to make a car that suggests they were planing to add it anyway so why add the prototype at all ? it would have made the march 2018 DLC pack (one of the best imo) even better however i could overlook that if .. 2. It wasen't for the fact that its the only official GT3 car we got in 2 years when we have major absences like the Bentley Continental etc.
Aston Martin Vulcan While its really good on paper and can't quite useful the handling is really bad
and for the price of 3.6 Million you can have a decent garage instead.
Cars that got a pass.
Kart 125 Shifter As useless as it you get by simply watching 2 videos so.
Some GR.X Cars Not every GR.X car terrible some are unique like the Honda project 2&4 some have genuine differences to thair counterparts like the Hyundai VGT etc .
Lamborghini Veneno Vulcan's partner in crime but you can win it.
Nissan GT-R Safety Car it gets a pass because its unique unlike the other two and it pays tribute to the legendary R34 safety car.

Last edited:
I drive the two Mazdas when I have to (i.e. to clear some events). I haven't driven the two Toyotas and I don't intend to. Driving pleasure isn't defined the same way for everyone.
But that doesn't mean that they should be described as useless at this point.

Has there ever been a racing sim that has allowed custom car categories?
Do mean something like what PC2 do, with having Tine Attack cars race with GTO, GT4 and Group 6 racers?

Assetto Corsa allows players to pick individual cars for a full grid. I've had a Ferrari F1 all the way through to the Abarh 500 in a complete grid.

It's great car. But yes, not being present in Sport Mode and GT League races make it a bit...Not going to say useless, but more like wasted.

Back