The Must Have Upgrade for any Logitech G Wheel Owner

• Thread starter GTEYE
  • 485 comments
Just bought the spring. A little birthday present to myself... with the wifes permission...
Says it should arrive Friday, just in time for my birthday. Will give a full review once it is installed!

The spring arrived today in the mail! a day early at that. Going to do a few laps with the old spring, then a few with the new, then write up a review.

AMAZING! from the very first press, I was impressed. when driving with abs off, the spring is perfectly tuned! The first progression drops nicely to just about the point the tires break free, and there is just enough press into the second progression that you know when the tires will break. The balance is nice and the strength of the spring is on point. I had some hesitation. I wanted a load cell, as I figured a spring was just a spring, and that the load cell would be more accurate and realistic. Then I read some reviews about how there is little movement in a load cell, which sounds quite unrealistic. Then I started reading the reviews on this thread (well, the other thread for this) and else where. Gotta say, the one big thing that made me pick this over the Nixim, is the way Nixim highjacked this thread, and the fact that there was more bad reviews for it than the GTEYE. Glad I did! This thing is worth the 30 bucks! only the rig I built was a better investment.
So, with the praise of this great mod out of the way, here are my test finding:
I used a track that I am most familiar with, Special Stage Route 5, and a car I know as well, the RE- Amemiya FD RX7. I did a couple of warm up laps to stretch the ol legs, the proceeded to do 5 laps. All aids where off, and the track edge wet yada was set to real.
First five laps were with ABS on, and brake balance at 5/5, second five where with ABS off and 5/5 BB, for the final 5 laps, I did ABS off and brake balance set to 5/2. First the test was run with the old spring, then I installed the GTEYE and other springs in the other positions.

Old Spring lap times New Spring lap times
1: 1:30.254 1:30.345
2: 1:34.153 1:30.591
3: 1:31.502 1:30.273

As you can see in the second tests, there is a significant difference in time, hitting just .34 shy of my times with abs on with the old spring, and nearly 4 seconds faster with ABS off compared to the old spring. Not to mention that I was nearly as fast (if I had turned another lap or two, I would have broke 1:29) without abs and my brakes tuned as I was with abs! This is HUGE. I honestly think with another few races, I will be much faster and consistent with the new spring without abs than ever I was with ABS and the old spring. It is really amazing, this spring.
Not sure that I liked swapping the other springs around though. I'll have to do a league night to really get a good feel for how my legs will feel after a couple hours of racing. though some shoes may help.
If you only do one mod to the G27, this IS the one. If you have a g27 and do not want to mod your wheel, BUY this mod! Hands down the best going for this wheel!

I was leaning towards a load cell mod for my G27, not the nixim and I forget now the name of it, but after getting the opportunity to use a load cell mod on Owensracing rig, seeing the simplicity of this spring and the reviews it's getting, especially from Rallywagon, combined with the price, I think I'll be putting a bug in my wife's ear for this one instead.

Time for some ninjamail to go out. :sly:

Before you put the cover back on (or did you invert?) give the gas a try with the clutch spring, it bugs me! On one hand, it is heavy, and after an hour of racing some open lobby shuffles, my foot and shin feels the burn a bit. However, the added resistance helps smooth out the peddle and makes feathering it easier. I say give it a try pushing it a few times before getting everything back together.

Quick question, seeing as shipment is free but will I pay extra for Taxes/customs when It gets imported or not?

THanks in advance

Hi Rallywagon, Many thanks for your detailed feedback and review, its always great to hear from satisfied GTEYE users. 👍

Sems4arsenal, In all my experience I have not heard of anyone needing to pay local taxes for the GTEYE spring, it is declared a low customs value item which should not attract any customs tariff when entering the country via post.

Before you put the cover back on (or did you invert?) give the gas a try with the clutch spring, it bugs me! On one hand, it is heavy, and after an hour of racing some open lobby shuffles, my foot and shin feels the burn a bit. However, the added resistance helps smooth out the peddle and makes feathering it easier. I say give it a try pushing it a few times before getting everything back together.

My rig isn't sophisticated or dedicated enough to be inverting the pedals. Which is one of the reasons I asked Owens to build the mods he did. I don't have much trouble now with accelerator pedal overthrow. Watch the replay of the Audi R10 races we did last week in SNAIL if you want proof of that. Brake pedal is in the same boat, but I would like a bit more stiffness out of it.

If my wife doesn't get the message for some reason, I will be buying this myself NLT than December 14th. I'm waiting until I get closer to warranty expiration.

Sems4arsenal, In all my experience I have not heard of anyone needing to pay local taxes for the GTEYE spring, it is declared a low customs value item which should not attract any customs tariff when entering the country via post.

Fantastic, thanks for the answer GTEYE. Planning on ordering one in the future.👍

AMAZING! from the very first press, I was impressed. when driving with abs off, the spring is perfectly tuned! The first progression drops nicely to just about the point the tires break free, and there is just enough press into the second progression that you know when the tires will break. The balance is nice and the strength of the spring is on point. I had some hesitation. I wanted a load cell, as I figured a spring was just a spring, and that the load cell would be more accurate and realistic. Then I read some reviews about how there is little movement in a load cell, which sounds quite unrealistic. Then I started reading the reviews on this thread (well, the other thread for this) and else where. Gotta say, the one big thing that made me pick this over the Nixim, is the way Nixim highjacked this thread, and the fact that there was more bad reviews for it than the GTEYE. Glad I did! This thing is worth the 30 bucks! only the rig I built was a better investment.
So, with the praise of this great mod out of the way, here are my test finding:
I used a track that I am most familiar with, Special Stage Route 5, and a car I know as well, the RE- Amemiya FD RX7. I did a couple of warm up laps to stretch the ol legs, the proceeded to do 5 laps. All aids where off, and the track edge wet yada was set to real.
First five laps were with ABS on, and brake balance at 5/5, second five where with ABS off and 5/5 BB, for the final 5 laps, I did ABS off and brake balance set to 5/2. First the test was run with the old spring, then I installed the GTEYE and other springs in the other positions.

Old Spring lap times New Spring lap times
1: 1:30.254 1:30.345
2: 1:34.153 1:30.591
3: 1:31.502 1:30.273

As you can see in the second tests, there is a significant difference in time, hitting just .34 shy of my times with abs on with the old spring, and nearly 4 seconds faster with ABS off compared to the old spring. Not to mention that I was nearly as fast (if I had turned another lap or two, I would have broke 1:29) without abs and my brakes tuned as I was with abs! This is HUGE. I honestly think with another few races, I will be much faster and consistent with the new spring without abs than ever I was with ABS and the old spring. It is really amazing, this spring.
Not sure that I liked swapping the other springs around though. I'll have to do a league night to really get a good feel for how my legs will feel after a couple hours of racing. though some shoes may help.
If you only do one mod to the G27, this IS the one. If you have a g27 and do not want to mod your wheel, BUY this mod! Hands down the best going for this wheel!

i like to hear this! Just ordered the GTEYE for my G27! Maybe the Fish can get super duper fast?? mayybeee!! :lol:

Thanks Rally for your review! You finally made up my mind to whip out the $30! Cheap!

Will type out a review for you guys when I get it.

I guess it would be cool if there was a spring for the gas pedal to increase stiffness but really the spring in my gas peddle is fine. I hear what some people are saying it helps you from not gassing it too early. Not a complaint really, guess its just a suggestion??

Either way I can't wait too get the spring and try this out!! 👍

Thanks again guys!

- Review -

-First off, wow! The tension on the brake spring is awesome! my lap times are improving so much! I feel like im doing quicker and shorter breaking and getting on the gas quicker than i used too. The feel of the brake spring feels like a real race car! Not too stiff, not too weak, but a good stiffened spring that is great! If you just hesitating to either get the spring or not. Just do it! I was hesitating to do it or not, and i took the chance at it, and BOOM! This thing is awesome!! Thanks GTEYE! its a must get if you have a G27/G25! They ship really fast as well from Australia! and shipping is free! Just putting in the spring only takes like 10 minutes! really easy, and fun!

Thanks GTEYE for everything

-Ph1sher

Last edited:
Thanks Ph1sher, I'm very pleased that your decision to go with the GTEYE upgrade has paid off, appreciate your feedback. Cheers.

Will this mod affect the warranty of my G27?

Yes, Logitech have the right to void your warranty if you open the pedal set.

It`s up to you if you install the upgrade within the 3 year period, or wait for it to expire. I think you will find that most people take a chance with the Logitech warranty and mod it anyway.

Because GTEYE shouldn't say, I will. It may void the warranty, but! The peddles are not sealed, unlike the wheel. You can open them up and none would be the wiser. So, officially, it may, but they would never know.

I just received the GTEYE spring, wow, it was quick I only ordered it 24 hours ago. And then I took the original one out and replaced it with the new one and now it feels like a reel brake pedal now. Thank you very much.

The proof is in the puddin here people, if you have a G27, get. this. spring! Do not delay! It can be yours today for the low price of just $30! Outrageous! It could be to your house in 24 hours people! 24! For $30!!!!! Who else can deliver this kind of deal!? No one, that's who! No one but GTEYE!
PreciousRoy.gif

This has been a free ad by the rallywagon ad agency. The dealer is in no way responsible for this ads content, other than by making an awesome spring. Enjoy!

Yes, Logitech have the right to void your warranty if you open the pedal set.

It`s up to you if you install the upgrade within the 3 year period, or wait for it to expire. I think you will find that most people take a chance with the Logitech warranty and mod it anyway.

Thought the G27 only had 12 months warranty?

Just discovered this post for the first time, read the reviews and placed my order instantly. Looking forward to trying it out!

I managed to buy the site!!

Order #GSJS-426296

How much difference would have to pay to receive the tracking number?

I'm from Brazil..

Last edited:
Hi Marcelo, We will only post to Brazil if the purchase is made on our website. The truth is that as you may be aware the importation of goods into Brazil can be very slow and unreliable. For this reason we have blocked sales to Brazil from our eBay store as these delays are not well considered in the eBay policy system.

We are however pleased to offer free postal tracking number for orders to Brazil from our website. But please understand that delivery can sometimes take longer than usual due to local Brazilian circumstances.

Hi Marcelo, We will only post to Brazil if the purchase is made on our website. The truth is that as you may be aware the importation of goods into Brazil can be very slow and unreliable. For this reason we have blocked sales to Brazil from our eBay store as these delays are not well considered in the eBay policy system.

We are however pleased to offer free postal tracking number for orders to Brazil from our website. But please understand that delivery can sometimes take longer than usual due to local Brazilian circumstances.

No problem about the delay friend.
If you can pass me by e-mail the tracking number I am grateful.

Well, I ordered this spring some time ago, and it was delivered less than 24 hours later - incredible service.

I installed it straight away, which was very simple, and did as others have done and installed the old brake spring in the clutch, but kept the accelerator pedal standard.

I didn't get a chance to drive it for some time due to rebuilding my seat, but today I got a chance to do some laps around Tsukuba in an NSX Type R, with all settings off - including, for the first time, ABS.

Previously I would always run ABS on 1 due to not being able to regulate the brake pedal properly - because the pedal has no real feedback it's kind of memory as to how far down you can press the pedal before it locks up.

I have to say, this has unleashed a whole new aspect to GT5 - just in time for GT6 I must add - and is thoroughly enjoyable. You can now feel the different stages of the brake and so feeling the point of limit between braking and lock up becomes much easier.

Instead of now rocketing up to a corner, monstering the brake as hard as I can, I now have to regulate the brake as I do in my real car when I take it to the track, and it feels very natural being able to feel the different stages of the pedal.

I will basically need to relearn how to drive all over again in GT5 because of this, which is fine because it is so much more satisfying taking the car through the corner on the limit in all aspects of the car.

I was worried this wouldn't offer the same level of improvement as going with a hydraulic or load cell type brake because of the simplicity and price point of it, but wow - money well spent and it feels perfect.

This is a must buy, in my opinion :)

Ordered mine last night, thought it was time to move my sim racing up a notch now I'm iRacing as well as the doing traditional console games I've always loves such as F1 and GT.

Couldn't get to grips with 0 ABS on GT5 and also find on iRacing it's very easy to lock up so hoping it will be £18 well spent to keep me near the top of the racing tree and go deeper into turns and have more confidence on the brakes.

Hoping it arrives soon as I'm itching to test it out on the track in time for GT6!

Kristian is very cool.
And the product arrived very fast for Brazil within 15 days.
I was not taxed by the federal revenue.

Back