The Must Have Upgrade for any Logitech G Wheel Owner

• Thread starter GTEYE
  • 485 comments
Is it easy to install?
If you have a G27 get this:bowdown:. I ordered mine, got it in less than 7 days and installed it before I started playing GT6. Much stronger brake pedal now, really brings the pedals to life and it's much easier to feel how hard you are braking. Moved the brake spring over to the clutch and it's much better now too. Instructions are some of the best I've ever seen, precise and large photos to see exactly what needs to be done. Detach the pedals from the wheel, find a good surface to work on like a table and all you have to really be careful with is the small wires inside. Don't pinch anything and you'll be just fine. Well worth the investment.

Thank you Kristian @GTEYE :bowdown:

Upgraded my G25 with it.

I haven't used my wheel for months, but what I can tell you is the feeling is really pleasing :D

I haven't swapped clutch/accelerator springs as I find it good stock.

:cheers:

Upgraded my G25 with it.

I haven't used my wheel for months, but what I can tell you is the feeling is really pleasing :D

I haven't swapped clutch/accelerator springs as I find it good stock.

:cheers:
If you swap the other springs your gas pedal will have a better feel, you'll stop mashing the pedal to the floor and use it more to help control the car. In GT6 I've been turning all aids off, I'm still trying to learn heavy braking better.

I got this, and it's loads better than stock. I would prefer a slightly stronger spring to even better replicate an actual brake feel, but it's still worth it.

Wearing my birthday sweater, watching my birthday movie,
Iron-Man-3-Wallpaper_03.jpg

installing my birthday G27 Mod.
GTEYE-Hero-1000.jpg

Catch up with you all later on.

I have to report, although I've not done a lot of driving since installing this mod, it is not only easy to install, I would have to say it's not just reasonably priced, it's outstandingly priced. I had considered a load cell mod such as this one, but after having played with one installed to a thrustmaster pedal set, at a friends, I wasn't exactly liking the stiff feel that load cell had. While the load cell might feel closer to a car brake pedal, the electronic implementation doesn't give the same feel as a real break system. Not only that, the load cell referenced above, for the G27, is more than double the price of the GTEye and doesn't cover shipping. My only regret to having this mod is finding out my wife has had it in the house for over 2 months, waiting for my birthday to give it to me, and not being able to use it during that time.

I've set the springs up as Rallywagon advised, moved the brake spring to the clutch, but left the go fast pedal's spring as it was.

A huge thank you to Kristian and whomever else is at GTEye for coming up with this and offering to the world.

Only one more mod to do to my current rig. Hopefully someone got that one for me for Christmas.

Peter at Sigma Racing Time Attack was nice enough to throw in a GTEye with my recent Humanracing GT Chassis purchase and I installed it along with switching around the clutch and gas pedal springs.

There is no need to disassemble the foot pedal assembly when doing this mod. The springs can be changed out by simply removing the top half of the "shock"/spring housing by removing the screws at attaching it to the pedal.

Loving these modifications to the G27.

Hey all, i'm very interested to buy this mod for my g27.
if watched the review on insidesimracing => they say it's still "sockable" wich is great
there's only one thing i'm not sure about. i'm playing in a living room with a wheelstandpro(v2) on like apolisched floor. Now the question is would i still be able to use this or will hard braking make the stand move forward?
Someone experience with that?
sorry for my bad english normally i speak dutch

Hey all, i'm very interested to buy this mod for my g27.
if watched the review on insidesimracing => they say it's still "sockable" wich is great
there's only one thing i'm not sure about. i'm playing in a living room with a wheelstandpro(v2) on like apolisched floor. Now the question is would i still be able to use this or will hard braking make the stand move forward?
Someone experience with that?
sorry for my bad english normally i speak dutch

I would suggest putting the wheelstand and your seat on a some kind of mat or piece of carpet. Regardless of whether you do that or not, get this mod. Simple yet astronimical improvement in brake feel. The new spring will tell you you're about to lock up the brakes before you hear it, just by the pressure you have to apply with your foot.

There is no need to disassemble the foot pedal assembly when doing this mod. The springs can be changed out by simply removing the top half of the "shock"/spring housing by removing the screws at attaching it to the pedal.

Loving these modifications to the G27.

So it is possible to access the spring just by removing the pedal facias, i dont need to remove the base and top plastic covers ? sounds even easier :cheers:

Just ordered one! And haven't even gotten my G27 yet in the mail.. Thanks GTEYE! Looking forward to getting it in the mail!

So it is possible to access the spring just by removing the pedal facias, i dont need to remove the base and top plastic covers ? sounds even easier :cheers:

Not the pedal facade, but remove the two screws holding the red spring housing. Pull up on the front end of the housing and top have of the housing will come out along with the the spring. Now install in reverse. The only trick is to use the Allen key push down on the lower spring housing so the upper spring housing slides back into place.

Having switched out the brake spring switched around the other two I can install a spring in about two minutes.

Last edited:
Just got mine and can echo everyones sentiment, perfect. Also moved the brake spring to the clutch and also perfect. Only thing I wouldnt do it put the clutch spring in the throttle, its too stiff and not realistic.

Hello everyone. I own a DFGT but for Christmas I was happy to recive the message of getting a G27 after all my hardwork as I'm training very hard for the GT Academy I saw this thread recently and wondered if I should do the same after I get my G27 in the mail

Hello everyone. I own a DFGT but for Christmas I was happy to recive the message of getting a G27 after all my hardwork as I'm training very hard for the GT Academy I saw this thread recently and wondered if I should do the same after I get my G27 in the mail

Yes. Don't wait until you get the G27 however.

Yes. The standard G27 brake spring is rubbish the GTEYE spring feels like a real brake pedal in a car.

I don't think I need this. My g27's brake has enough resistance to feel realistic, and brake accuratelly.
It is not about resistance, but rather linear (stock) versus progressive (GTEye) spring rate.

Back