The Mysterious Esso Ultraflo Supra

Div is back
To me it's just another Supra race car, just buy another one, its the same car with a different paint scheme so why does everybody make a big deal out of this?
to a Real Life JGTC racing fan it means a whole lot buddy. I myself like the Takata NSX :)

woodstock827
so glad they didn't remove all the Honda NSX or Integras just because they're known as Acuras here....

Yeah stupid ass Americans (looks in mirror). I say that because we Americans like choices I guess. What other country has 20 different brands of toilet paper to wipe your ass with? How about the brands of bread? General Motors? OMFG can we possibly have 5 versions of the same SUV???

What I don't get is why Japan feels they have to market several of their cars under other wings. Like the Toyota Alteeza and Honda Integra, I mean good GOD these are cheap cars (kinda) I see Acura RSX's ALL OVER SoCal and Lexus I300's are rapant too! My ignorant ass saw an Acura RSX with "Integra" badges all over it (cheap US conversion kit) and I was like - WTF? I didn't even KNOW Acura had changed the entire body for the Integra in Japan. I mean the old Acura Integra was still called an INTEGRA, now it's just "RSX" :: rolls eyes ::

Was doing 2 player battle the other night with an *Acura* NSX '04 vs. the Honda NSX-R and even though the "Acura" had more Horsepower in the game the NSX-R let me know who was boss.

Div is back
You define intelligence by searching for a car that does not exist..?
Give it a break, Div. In all honesty, you've got little ground to rest your attitude on. I wouldn't go too far in insulting other users' intelligence if I were you.

you know.,. in GT3, each of the JGTC cars has it weakness and strength.

Like the castro supra has a higher top speed but not acceleration , and the denso has a faster acceleration...

and the Calsonic GTR was faster and has more top speed than the loctite GTR...

So each car does have a different feel.. so they are not all just the same car with a different paint job....

I myself is dissapointed we didn't get the ultraflow supra... one of my favorite supras in JGTC

VIPERGTSR01
We dont have Esso is Australia ethier, but we have the Esso Supra :D.
yeah we have no ESSO. actually I never heard of it before. I dont have the car but it must be in the game. I dislike the jgtc supra's they arn't real supra's. last I heard they ran 8cylinder engines and supra's only have 6's. not very good. the jgtc nsx's kick major ass they get me moist...:sly: thats my two cents

Linketh
yeah we have no ESSO. actually I never heard of it before. I dont have the car but it must be in the game. I dislike the jgtc supra's they arn't real supra's. last I heard they ran 8cylinder engines and supra's only have 6's. not very good. the jgtc nsx's kick major ass they get me moist...:sly: thats my two cents

Production supra's are 6's but in jgtc i think only 1 is running the 8 cylinder and the rest are running 4's. From memory they where running the 3sgte 1)cause they could get better weight distribution and 2) On a smaller displacment engine they could run a bigger turbo and other mods.

Anybody correct me if i am wrong but that is the way i remember it being.

ogt004
Production supra's are 6's but in jgtc i think only 1 is running the 8 cylinder and the rest are running 4's. From memory they where running the 3sgte 1)cause they could get better weight distribution and 2) On a smaller displacment engine they could run a bigger turbo and other mods.

So anything over 6 cylinders in the JGTC GT500 class has to be naturally aspirated?

I6-4-eva
So anything over 6 cylinders in the JGTC GT500 class has to be naturally aspirated?

I think its based on displacement not the number of cylinders.

S4A
Check the Toyota GT-One '99 and the Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99, all the Esso logos have been changed to Exxon. On the back of the GT-One it even says "Exxon SuperFlo" instead of "Esso Ultron"
So those 2 in-game cars now carry advertising that their real-life versions never had.
Also I've seen pictures of the Peugeot 905 in NTSC version which has had it's Esso sponsors changed to Exxon. In the PAL version all three of these cars carry the Esso logo instead.

To make it quite simple, there is no Esso Ultraflo Supra in the game.

In the official car list from the Gran Turismo website, the only Supras in the game are:

Castrol Tom's Supra JGTC (2000)
Castrol Tom's Supra JGTC (2001)
Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R (1990)
Supra 3.0GT Turbo A (1988)
Supra RZ (1997)
Supra SZ-R (1997)
WOODONE Tom's Supra JGTC (2003)

and that's it.

Bit it seems quite pathetic for ExxonMobil to remove just because Esso doesn't exist in the US, no?

There's more than that, Gull. There's the Denso Sard, etc. You're missing a couple of the JGTC's.

Camouflage_RX
After racing the JGTC champ in my AU CERUMO SUPRA (JGTC) '01 I had some cash, and I thought of my other favroite Supra JGTC mode, the ESSO ULTRAFLO SUPRA.... Well, I go in the toyota dealer - and soon I find its not there like it says on the car list here on GTP ( I know the car list is the NTSC | J verison ). I've also seen it on the car list for the NTSC | U/C verison, now, look for yourself:

toyotaessoultraflosuprajgtc012.jpg

well, it puts me in a sorry state. its right after the DENSO SARD and before the WOODONE TOM'S. Well - its not there... Heres a picture I took myself:

wtf1yy.jpg

As you see, its not there. Its not on the prize-list. I've looked. Its on the car list - i've looked obviously.

Do any of you know about this, or have any of you wondered about this?

this car is in the pal version
it is the copy of the DENSO SARD the torque,weight,everything is the same :crazy: :sly: comments??

I agree with you viper. I think people get a little to rude around here when it comes to people asking questions. I mean just answer the question. Yes, there are some posts that are getting a little old that need the search feature used, but some of these posts are just simple questions that could be answered faster than trying to find some way to rudely give them an answer.

Anyways to get back on topic, I think they should have put this car in the NA version. I not much of a Supra fan myself but it looks cool, and I would've bought it just for the looks.

MercGullwing
To make it quite simple, there is no Esso Ultraflo Supra in the game.

In the official car list from the Gran Turismo website, the only Supras in the game are:

Castrol Tom's Supra JGTC (2000)
Castrol Tom's Supra JGTC (2001)
Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R (1990)
Supra 3.0GT Turbo A (1988)
Supra RZ (1997)
Supra SZ-R (1997)
WOODONE Tom's Supra JGTC (2003)

and that's it.

Bit it seems quite pathetic for ExxonMobil to remove just because Esso doesn't exist in the US, no?

I'm with thirdeye there, you're missing quite a few Supra's that exist in GT4. You've prolly missed almost near half of the JGTC Supra's. From what I see in the Toyota "new" lot in the Japanese Manufacturer area There are the following JGTC Supra's:

• Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01
  • Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00
  • Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '01
  • Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
  • Toyota WOODONE Tom's Supra (JGTC) '03

jayjay
this car is in the pal version.
The Esso Ultraflo Supra JGTC I posted was from here, in the GTPlanet's GT4 Carlist Database. And the carlist photo album Jordan set up is from the NTSC | J verison. Which is the Japanese verison itself. The second picture in the first post is the I took. Which is on my NTSC | U/C verison, which is my American Disc.

I'm just full of Curiousity about this ( Blasphamy! ) But could someone post a picture of all the cars with the "ESSO" mark on the cars? I think that would be the Peugeot 905 Le Mans and the Toyota GT-One. I'm just curious on what the European / Australians cars verison look like.

ogt004

You're right they ran turbo 4 cylinders. Same engine they where using in all their motorsports endeavors including the Celica and Corrolla Rally cars. They switched to 8 cylinders because the new Supra is comming out as a V8. They wanted to run race development on the new engine, and what better place the their touring car series. It's actually great to watch because if you see the turboed 4 cylinders, if they spin or lose momentum through a corner (being overtaken, trying to overtake), they dip out of they're power band and you really see them struggle to keep up. But in their powerband and through series of S bends they really fly cause of less weight.

Nissan did a similar thing. Was it two years ago or three they switched the Skyline GT500 from the RB26DETT (straight six twin turbo) to the VQ35DETT (V6 twin turbo), mid season, while still in the Skyline body style. This year, or 2004 season, however they switched to the 350Z body style, where the engine (minus turbo's) calls home in the production car. The new GTR will use the VQ engine as well so they where looking for early race engine development. Once the new GT-R comes out in 2007, you'll see the body of the car return to the Skyline.

Camouflage_RX
I'm with thirdeye there, you're missing quite a few Supra's that exist in GT4. You've prolly missed almost near half of the JGTC Supra's. From what I see in the Toyota "new" lot in the Japanese Manufacturer area There are the following JGTC Supra's:

• Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01
  • Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '00
  • Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) '01
  • Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
  • Toyota WOODONE Tom's Supra (JGTC) '03

The Esso Ultraflo Supra JGTC I posted was from here, in the GTPlanet's GT4 Carlist Database. And the carlist photo album Jordan set up is from the NTSC | J verison. Which is the Japanese verison itself. The second picture in the first post is the I took. Which is on my NTSC | U/C verison, which is my American Disc.

I'm just full of Curiousity about this ( Blasphamy! ) But could someone post a picture of all the cars with the "ESSO" mark on the cars? I think that would be the Peugeot 905 Le Mans and the Toyota GT-One. I'm just curious on what the European / Australians cars verison look like.

ehh i am sorry to say this but it is the EXACT COPY of the Denso Sard so what is the matter if it is in or not :ouch: :grumpy: :mad: 🤬

ogt004

so they changed did they? they ALL used to run 8's. why run a 4 in the top class jgtc? thats insane.

TheMocoMan
Yeah stupid ass Americans (looks in mirror). I say that because we Americans like choices I guess. What other country has 20 different brands of toilet paper to wipe your ass with? How about the brands of bread? General Motors? OMFG can we possibly have 5 versions of the same SUV???

What I don't get is why Japan feels they have to market several of their cars under other wings. Like the Toyota Alteeza and Honda Integra, I mean good GOD these are cheap cars (kinda) I see Acura RSX's ALL OVER SoCal and Lexus I300's are rapant too! My ignorant ass saw an Acura RSX with "Integra" badges all over it (cheap US conversion kit) and I was like - WTF? I didn't even KNOW Acura had changed the entire body for the Integra in Japan. I mean the old Acura Integra was still called an INTEGRA, now it's just "RSX" :: rolls eyes ::

Was doing 2 player battle the other night with an *Acura* NSX '04 vs. the Honda NSX-R and even though the "Acura" had more Horsepower in the game the NSX-R let me know who was boss.

They run most cars under differnt names b/c in america who is going to pay 100k+ for a Honda. The RSX name change for america was b/c of most ppl are more familure with the NSX so ppl would associate it with a higher-end sport car. Which was the who prupose of the car/engine *made to race in the SCCA divisions* The price thing is the same for the Toyota/Lexus altezza/is300.

digerydingo
The new "supra" has a V10 simular to there F1 car. I have a magazine article if u want to read it.

Linketh
so they changed did they? they ALL used to run 8's. why run a 4 in the top class jgtc? thats insane.

My understanding is that the Supras in JGTC are all running the V8 because the rules say you can use ANY engine in the manufacturer's production lineup. So Toyota took the Land Cruiser engines and dropped them into the Supras.

Honda is taking a beating because the largest engine they use in a production car is the V6 from the NSX so already they are down on displacement. That plus the new rules stating that mid engine cars have to run a weight penalty is the reason why the NSX did rather poorly last year.

I have a JGTC guide at home which lists the engines each of the teams use so I can see if the supras are runnign the V8's or not.

EDIT: JGTC 2004 Teams List Found a link to the '04 JGTC teams.

jayjay
ehh i am sorry to say this but it is the EXACT COPY of the Denso Sard so what is the matter if it is in or not :ouch: :grumpy: :mad: 🤬
B/c some people actually may like the paint scheme on it.
The red wheels and red and white body may not appy to everyone. If most of the Supras are going to be equal, then why not get one that's going to have a paint scheme you like?

Back