The Mysterious Esso Ultraflo Supra

Out of curosity the Le Mans name on that one supra, is that team planning on going Le Mans racing? Be quite interesting to see them racing against the C6R,DB9R,Maserati and the others.

Guess I will have to wait until someone can "hack" the car. My guess is that the car is intact on the disc but coded not to be seen. Someone will open it for us someday. :)

TheMocoMan
What I don't get is why Japan feels they have to market several of their cars under other wings.

It has to do with image. A lot of people look at Honda, Nissan, and Toyota as being cheap economy cars, meaning that some might be reluctant to buy luxury or performance cars from them. That's why Honda is Acura, Toyota is Lexus, and cars like the Nissan Skyline there are the Infinity G35 here. There are exceptions, of course, like the 350Z still being sold as a Nissan rather than an Infinity.

Perhaps it is a smart move. Volkswagen, known for its economy cars, has trouble with its luxury Phaeton, and BMW and Mercedes-Benz cannot sell a lot of hatchbacks. Then again, Audi can easily sell luxury cars, BMW has the Mini, and I am sure people owuld be more accepting of a Chrysler hatchback...

Rb26dett_240sx
Out of curosity the Le Mans name on that one supra, is that team planning on going Le Mans racing? Be quite interesting to see them racing against the C6R,DB9R,Maserati and the others.
Well, if its going to be anything like the Le Mans NSX, then its going to fail.

Duke
Give it a break, Div. In all honesty, you've got little ground to rest your attitude on. I wouldn't go too far in insulting other users' intelligence if I were you.

Now that's funny.

As an aside, I do think it's sad when there is so much animosity and trolling on this board that people are posting in the title line "um, dont flame me for asking for an opinion, because I searched first". I would think that this board would benefit from traffic, and that it would be encouraged, unless of course there are bandwidth charges. I look forward to random posts for opinions, or things found in the game, or just plain questions. Yes, if it's been asked over and over it gets tedious, but if the mods approve it, then just link to the previous thread and calm down. IMO, something that was asked 2 months ago can be asked again. Video games have zero shelf life (besides this one due to lap times, tuning, etc.) so chances are that a lot of opinions have changed, or things have been discovered that weren't previously mentioned.

I just wish that replies to posts were moderated as well as new topics... 💡

By the way, I have never seen the pic of that Esso Supra until today, and I think it looks awesome. I want it! Glad I have access to a gameshark and codebreaker so if someone hacks it, im in like Flynn.

well going offtopic there are some cars that had a sponsoring problem like the Viper GTSR Team Oreca. the GTSR had two versions,
Dodge Viper GTSR Race Car (bit less detailed but with Dodge signage in the front window)
VIPER GTSR Team Oreca(more detailed than the original)

Also this sponsoring problem started way back in GT2 with cars like
Peugeot 406 RM
Peugeot 206 RM
Toyota GTOne '99
except for the '98 because the '98 had Esso logos in its front.

Now I'm curious. I'm pretty sure this car is in the PAL version though.

EDIT: The car is indeed included in the PAL version of the game. Bare in mind though that I confirmed this using the Platinum version of the game.

Last edited:
Back