The new Borgward- Large percentage of Borgward is for sale due to poor sales

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 122 comments
Wow, that was unexpected. :eek:

After all these years, after being pretty much erased out of the German car market by the competition, Borgward will return? I wonder if this will be a one-time thing or a full return to form. And what car could it be? That's the bigger question...

Dat Coupe on the Nordschleife... :lol:

Due to this German article five models are planned, among them a top-of-the-range model. But the Borgward AG didn`t comment on these rumours.

Guessing...
Borgward-Isabella-729x486-e6b4bfe6da5a6378.jpg

bor-borgward-sedan-rva-2764224653545063684.jpg

Last edited:
Dat Coupe on the Nordschleife... :lol:

Due to this German article five models are planned, among them a top-of-the-range model. But the Borgward AG didn`t comment on these rumours.

Guessing...
Borgward-Isabella-729x486-e6b4bfe6da5a6378.jpg

bor-borgward-sedan-rva-2764224653545063684.jpg

Let's just hope that BMW and the other German luxury brands don't try to erase this new Borgward the same way they did with the old one... As for those renders, I don't really get good vibes from the first one, but the second one looks interesting. Better keep an eye on this, this could be something special...

Never heard of Bergward until today. You learn something new every day. I'm REALLY going to keep tabs on the 2015 Geneva Auto Show now!

Never heard of this brand. I'm gonna guess that its older then my Dad.

Judging on Post #3, I surely like the two cars there. I like the front of the first car in that post. The second sedan looks gorgeous. Being back after a 54-year hiatus. Tell you what... this is going to be quite a learning experience for all of us who have absolutely no idea who the heck Borgward is or of any automobiles they've produced. Speaking of which, the opening post has shown some beautiful cars from Borgward's past. I got to wonder what this company will provide at the Geneva Motor Show next month...

I actually have heard of this marque before (in a classic racing book I once read.)
That was racing cars, though, not production cars. And, to be honest - I like the designs in the 3rd post a lot.

Going to be an interesting Geneva show...

Pardon me for annoying you all with another Spongebob reference, but that name sounded like if Squidward was the suspected robot on 'Krab-borg'.

But on a serious note, I really don't think we need another European luxury giant, with tons of those today. I'll wait till Geneva for a better judgement.

If I was an investor I would stay way clear of this company. Good luck getting into the premium sedan market with anything less than the very best designers and flawless build quality.

(Although people addicted to The Sims might be attracted by the logo...)

Sounds like they're Borgward in name only, after 50+ years of nothing I don't see how there can be much connection to the original company.

Wonder how long it will take before it becomes another division of VW.
Perhaps behind the scenes, it already is.

Wonder how long it will take before it becomes another division of VW.
Perhaps behind the scenes, it already is.
If it does, then the question would be, "what exactly is Borgward aiming at in the market?"
You have Audi and Bentley, which hold up well for what they aim for. If they were to have another luxury brand, chances are Borgward might not be able to keep up.

New model won't be shown at Geneva, it will be at Frankfurt International Motor Show in September.
Borgward confirms its intention to launch a range of innovative new cars, with the first all-new model due to be unveiled at the 2015 Frankfurt International Motor Show Cars (IAA) in September. Two to three models will then be introduced every year, honouring a commitment to deliver a complete product range. The focus will initially be on Germany and emerging markets where Borgward intends to set up local production centres. The new global headquarters – including R&D, design, engineering, marketing, and retail – will be established in Stuttgart, Germany, the heart of the European automotive industry.
http://www.borgward.com/en/press-03-03-2015/

I have two borgies this one and a hotted up v8 convertible so am looking forward to Frankfurt, though agree will be a hard gap to occupy though the old cars have so many features ahead of their time

So, with backing from a large Chinese manufacturer (Foton-Motor) who have a large tie-in with Daimler AG, the first new Borgward will apparently be an SUV of M-Class dimensions, luxurious, innovative and full of technology, probably styled by ex SAAB designer. Built possibly by Magna Steyr, but with their own engines. HQ to be in Stuttgart.

800,000 a year by 2020, across potentially 8 - 10 models, to double over the following 5 years? They must be getting some serious funding from somewhere, I doubt it's all coming from the Chinese as Foton's Revenue seems to pale in comparison to the German big 3 or 4. Either that, or thanks to the Chinese this will be done massively on the cheap.

I have to say, I'm skeptical. I'm just pleased it's nothing to do with VW.

You Europeans are going nuts in this thread, like somebody just resurrected Tucker from the dead. What the hell is a Borgward?

Back