What to Expect at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show

I'll tell you what to expect

Rammed trains from Zürich to Geneva, despite there being extra trains to cope with the load, and delays for all other trains running the same line out of Zürich due to the extra trains.

As I commute out of Zürich in that direction I tend to view the Geneva Motor Show with significant disdain - this crap happens every year.

Well that's my take on it. I guess you lot are just interested in the cars.

My most anticipated car is the apparently near €12.25m one off Type57SC inspired Bugatti. Cannot wait to see it. I just hope they do the icon justice.

I'll tell you what to expect

Rammed trains from Zürich to Geneva, despite there being extra trains to cope with the load, and delays for all other trains running the same line out of Zürich due to the extra trains.

As I commute out of Zürich in that direction I tend to view the Geneva Motor Show with significant disdain - this crap happens every year.

Well that's my take on it. I guess you lot are just interested in the cars.

Sounds like Toronto on any day (our public transit is dire).

I get what you mean though, to a lesser extent. The CIAS was in town last month and it plays havoc with downtown for the week that it's on.

My most anticipated car is the apparently near €12.25m one off Type57SC inspired Bugatti. Cannot wait to see it. I just hope they do the icon justice.

Jeebus, is that what price is being bandied about? I hope it's fine for me to say that a price like that, on a new car, is just straight-up stupid.

Jeebus, is that what price is being bandied about? I hope it's fine for me to say that a price like that, on a new car, is just straight-up stupid.
Yep, a mere €12m+ which will make it the most expensive new car ever surpassing the Rolls-Royce from 2017. It's a late Christmas present to myself.

Finally planned ahead so I could make it to this year's show. I'll be hanging around Palexpo on the 8th. 👍

I just saw that.
Can none of the manufacturers wait anymore?
They'll make an announcement months in advance with a location/date then a few days (or weeks) before said date... BAM here it is!
We get a picture on toilet media.
Whatever happend to pulling the car cover off slowly?

I just saw that.
Can none of the manufacturers wait anymore?
They'll make an announcement months in advance with a location/date then a few days (or weeks) before said date... BAM here it is!
We get a picture on toilet media.
Whatever happend to pulling the car cover off slowly?

It's a sort of self-defeating loop, but there is reason: by showing things off exclusively at the show, any manufacturer is now bundling itself in with all the other news at the show. Announcing early is a way to get the jump on the competition — unfortunately, since everyone does it, it just moves the issue forward on the calendar.

See also: whoever the hell thought "Black Friday Week" was acceptable...

It is ridiculous, but like the Rolls Sweptail, it's also being paid by 1 ridiculous owner with no chance for other ridiculous folks to order.

Back