The New Corolla (Sedan Revealed)

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by R1600Turbo, Mar 23, 2018.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  2. Turbo

Turbo (Banned)

Yup. Totally doesn't look like a mixture of all the other hatchbacks on the market.

SecretAgentZero and Dan like this.
  3. unit-one

unit-one

Not as boring as the previous facelifted model. =)

4. JC_Dude

JC_Dude

I think it looks great. Got a lot of the 1st-gen Mazda 3. Hopefully the interior is better than in the outgoing model.

unit-one likes this.
  5. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

[​IMG]

6. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

The profile looks a lot like the last-gen Mazda 3 & last-gen Mazda 2, come to think of it. IMO, this is one of Toyota's more successful implementations of their kind-of-out-of-control design language.

7. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

I did a crummy edit with gimp to see if it would look better with a smaller grill and a slight alternation to the headlights. Honestly, I think a smaller grill would benefit the style language, but that's just me.
    2018 Toyota Auris Edit.png

dzumaalcapone likes this.
  8. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

See, the thing that bothers me is that Toyota called it a "World Premiere" at the Geneva Motorshow, and yet when I spoke to Toyota's employees at their stand, they had no information about it. Nothing. No interior, no engine specs, no trim specs, no release date. I wouldn't really call that a world premiere, or at least send out your employees with some info. It may as well have been a concept car. I really do like the way it looks.

9. MedigoFlame

MedigoFlame Premium

I actually really like it... Not sad if the Corolla sedan is dead, but I wonder if that would affect the sales numbers. Then again, the crossover craze has people skipping compact sedans a lot. Especially in snowy regions. No one's buying the FWD only CH-R here...

10. Turbo

Turbo (Banned)

This just proves my point even further.

11. 05XR8

05XR8

Love the minimalist interior. I'm tempted.
    [​IMG]

As a side, wonder how the new Mazda 3 interior will look. I hope this is a trend.

12. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

The nice interiors go in the Lexus usually, that's why this one looks the way it does.

Perhaps in the US but in Europe and Australialand I'm pretty sure they've been interchangeable for the last 15-ish years?

13. 05XR8

05XR8

I think it's moreso, the USA never got the Hatchbacks from the past 10 years.
    Please correct me, but the last Corolla Hatch I remember when living in the USA, was either the Chevy Nova thing or the FX-16.

TenEightyOne likes this.
  14. Northstar

Northstar Premium

The last one we got was during the mid-90's.

[​IMG]

15. c172fccc

c172fccc

Yeah, but instead we got the Toyota Matrix and later the Scion iM which was a Toyota Auris.

16. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah, we never got the Toyota Seca. First time I saw this was back in 1998 on a trip to St. Thomas & St. Maarten. Wondered why it never made it to the States(mainland).
    [​IMG]

The next, we're these models. There's even a Levin ZR spec(not a "true" Levin, just has more amenities).
    [​IMG]

I guess the hatch wasn't high on the Toyota USA customer list.

17. VXR

VXR

The European Auris is coming with a new 2.0 hybrid. I'd be very tempted by one when it comes to change my Swift.

18. 20832

It will be rather interesting to see, if it's going to be a more performant version of the hybrid, given that the 2.5 Hybrid in the RAV, NX and IS is rather dull, I doubt that.

19. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

The new 2.0 Hybrid is producing a combined output of 180hp, which should provide more than enough potency for a standard hatchback. I wouldn't expect much in terms of driver engagement if it sticks with the same CVT as the less powerful 1.8 Hybrid.

20. mustafur

mustafur

When will carmakers make hybrids with Manuals the CR-Z is the only one I can think of.

21. 05XR8

05XR8

I think the Original Insight and the first Civic Hybrid, came with Manuals.

22. mustafur

mustafur

Getting CVT is like being punished for having a Hybrid.

23. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

VXR likes this.
  24. Robin

Robin Premium

Auris has always been a terrible name imo.

25. GT5Power

GT5Power

Looks like the Auris badge on our family car is going to be a collector's item soon™ :D :p

26. Moglet

Moglet Premium

FT-1 and TheCracker like this.
  27. mustafur

mustafur

I wonder what the Corolla will look like in base trim in white considering 99% of them will be that.

28. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm wondering what nasty color the sales people will try to offload. There was that lime green one year and the metallic orange after that. Maybe a metallic baby blue or modern day "Toyota Beige" beige metallic.

29. VXR

VXR

The Auris tended to be in hybrid spec here, can't say I've seen a low spec one.

FT-1 likes this.
  30. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

New Corolla Touring Sports revealed... Though this is the only shot they have of the "rear" so far. :confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far, every variant of the Corolla looks good - This is the biggest improvement over a generation I've seen since the K14 Micra.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    05XR8 and VXR like this.