The New Corolla (Sedan Revealed)

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 104 comments
High-performance GR Corolla 5-door unveiled for the US market. It is likely to be powered by the 1.6L turbocharged I3 making 257hp, used in the GR Yaris. It will also feature a 6-speed manual transmission.

I really quite like it. Clearly, since the Ford Focus ST is no longer offered in the US, Toyota took it as an opportunity to offer their own hot hatch here. I predict it will be quite a strong seller.

1a84c1db3a5812a3cfd561b0cc95101318c77963.jpg

e672b0ffc3cea7ab2ea10a6a15efbc87f868b1f1.jpg

Was going to say, that doesn't look like a the hot hatch I expected. And they better ditch the fake exhaust tips on the real thing...

This is all we know about it:

https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/gr-hot-hatch/

GR Yaris dominated the 2020 Tokyo Auto Salon, stirring up an outcry in North America over its absence. And it's easy to see why. A radical hot hatch, GR Yaris is equipped with an all-new 268-horsepower, turbocharged 3-cylinder engine; a rally-derived GR-FOUR All-Wheel Drive system; and a track-proven suspension. It's the same engineering that helped to make TOYOTA GAZOO Racing a dominant force in the World Rally Championship. While GR Yaris isn't coming to the U.S., perhaps it's time the U.S. got a Toyota hot hatch to call its own. One that continues to push the boundaries of performance. And one that can only come from TOYOTA GAZOO Racing. Are you with us?

Basically, wow you guys really like the GR Yaris huh? Well I guess we'll make something for the US too at some point

Whatever hot-hatch Toyota decides to send to the US I will probably end up getting now that Ford has taken away those options and I am not really interested in a GTI. I was already thinking of getting a Corolla hatch.

Whatever hot-hatch Toyota decides to send to the US I will probably end up getting now that Ford has taken away those options and I am not really interested in a GTI. I was already thinking of getting a Corolla hatch.
How about a Veloster N? Or Turbo Ultimate?

How about a Veloster N? Or Turbo Ultimate?
Depends on which transmission you want. The VT Ultimate only comes with the DCT. If you want a 6MT you have to go with the R-Spec. And if you go the regular Veloster turbo route, you also have the Elantra GT N-Line as an option.

Two "All-show, no extra go" models of the 4-door Corolla were announced recently. First up, the Apex edition for North American markets, based on the 2.0 petrol engine:
2021-toyota-corolla-apex-edition.jpg

2021-toyota-corolla-apex-edition.jpg

Then the GR Sport for European markets, Based on the 1.8 Hybrid.
2021-Toyota-Corolla-Sedan-GR-Sport-European-spec-8.jpg

2021-Toyota-Corolla-Sedan-GR-Sport-European-spec-10.jpg

2023 Corolla (USDM) receives minor styling tweaks and AWD hybrid option. Speaking of the hybrid, it can now be specced in XLE and sporty SE trims, alongside LE.
1654102461990.png

Last edited:
Back