The New Grand Valley

  • Thread starter Thread starter Event
  • 74 comments
  • 5,142 views

Event

Zoom-zoom
Premium
Messages
6,899
Messages
GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
I must say, PD did an amazing job at fixing up Grand Valley. I did the GV300km in my MOTUL Pitworks Z and it was a great drive. The scenery is magnificent and I was never bored with the track. Every corner seemed different and it seemed to flow perfectly. I was impressed. GV was one of my more less-favored tracks in GT3, but it's one of my favorites in GT4! 👍

Who else likes the redesign?
 
I like the old one better. The double apex corners after the big hairpin just dont feel right.
 
i love the new design, as you said it just seems to flow together more. old one always felt very unsmooth to me.
 
I guess GV will have to be a must see on thursday. Or, I could look at the video in the US GT4 site
 
The new GV is awesome...especially the 2nd incarnation....!
 
Can anyone else remember in GT (as in the first game) the camber of the road pulled the car to the left when braking hard for the first hairpin.

It made the corner a real challenge, and if I recall was even mentioned in a licence test that used the corner.

To me that corner has got easier with each game, with a lot less pull to the left, in GT3 it was not even present.

Can anyone tell me if this camber is back (or do I have to wait until Wednesday)?

Used to realy throw people and I for one would like to see it back, certainly used to wake me up in GT.
 
Event Horizon
I must say, PD did an amazing job at fixing up Grand Valley. I did the GV300km in my MOTUL Pitworks Z and it was a great drive. The scenery is magnificent and I was never bored with the track. Every corner seemed different and it seemed to flow perfectly. I was impressed. GV was one of my more less-favored tracks in GT3, but it's one of my favorites in GT4! 👍

Who else likes the redesign?

OMG!!

They changed 'The Valley'!

Noooo! PD, what have you done?
 
Scaff
Can anyone else remember in GT (as in the first game) the camber of the road pulled the car to the left when braking hard for the first hairpin.

It made the corner a real challenge, and if I recall was even mentioned in a licence test that used the corner.

To me that corner has got easier with each game, with a lot less pull to the left, in GT3 it was not even present.

Can anyone tell me if this camber is back (or do I have to wait until Wednesday)?

Used to realy throw people and I for one would like to see it back, certainly used to wake me up in GT.

That camber on the first hairpin was pretty wild when I first played GT1, it was a bit of a laugh when my stock Prelude would lose it around there.

I hope its on GT4, I just have to wait until thursday to get my copy and have a quick lap around an old favourite...
 
GramNitrous
OMG!!

They changed 'The Valley'!

Noooo! PD, what have you done?
Don't knock it till you try it. It was never my favorite track in GT3, though I have friends that hated it. Now I like it more, and I'm sure they're enjoying it more as well.
 
fieldy
That camber on the first hairpin was pretty wild when I first played GT1, it was a bit of a laugh when my stock Prelude would lose it around there.

I hope its on GT4, I just have to wait until thursday to get my copy and have a quick lap around an old favourite...

Glad it not just me and a pair of rose-tinted specs, the camber realy made the corner a challenge and was excellent for showing up a car with poor suspension set-up.

In the later games (with less and less camber) the corner just got a bit boring.
 
Does anyone have a top view of the old Grand Valley and the new one?

And I noticed this earlier when I raced on High Speed Ring, when did that get a bridge on one of the back straights, and they took a shiz load of banking off one corner.
 
I really like the new Grand Valley, feels so fresh.
 
As for the first corner of GVS, you can say it behave much more unforgiving then in GT3. And if you ask "is it the same as in GT" it is not.

It is different.

Notice that new physics has done much changes on the tracks, making them wider in some cases, and altering the corner radius or altitude of the corners on other. You will have to learn new entry and braking points, as well as exit points due to the new phisycs.

I find all the changes on "OldiesButGoldies" very well implememted, because the pretty unrealistic ability to sweep some corners in full speed from the previous games has been vastly reduced mostly due to new weight-transfer phisycs, as well as phisycs of tyres.

You're going to like it if you're looking for challenges, no doubt about it.
 
Kremithefrog
Don't knock it till you try it.

Yep, OK, i'll try it out first.

And i will be making a bee-line straight for it on Wednesday or Thursday this week, when my PAL version arrives.

I'm just shocked that a classic from GT1 & 2 & 3, and my personnal favorite, has had its corners re-worked.

Oh well, the only constant in life is change!
 
it really is one of the best tracks in GT1 and i'm glad it has had a new face lift as to suit the new physics model, good job PD! now....were is my PAL copy......not here...
 
amar212
As for the first corner of GVS, you can say it behave much more unforgiving then in GT3. And if you ask "is it the same as in GT" it is not.

It is different.

Notice that new physics has done much changes on the tracks, making them wider in some cases, and altering the corner radius or altitude of the corners on other. You will have to learn new entry and braking points, as well as exit points due to the new phisycs.

I find all the changes on "OldiesButGoldies" very well implememted, because the pretty unrealistic ability to sweep some corners in full speed from the previous games has been vastly reduced mostly due to new weight-transfer phisycs, as well as phisycs of tyres.

You're going to like it if you're looking for challenges, no doubt about it.

Scaff jumps up and down and gets very excitted at the thought of it all.
 
I noticed PD widened GV the instant I played it. I loved the older GT3 version of GV; the slow, tight corners nicely contrasted the fast sweepers. Now, those slow bends have been changed so they are not the slow, tight bends that helped make the track great. I for one am disappointed with the new changes.

Also, has anyone noticed a couple of the corners at Laguna Seca have changed?
 
Hmm, overall I'd say I have to drive the new GV slower than the old one. I can only think of one turn that was significantly slower in GT3.
 
Maybe it was the car that I was using, but in GVS they also made middle kink in the long, bendy straight leading into the tight hairpin a little tighter. I could usually go flat out if I hit it right, but now you have to let off for a split second.
As much as I like the old design, the new one has its upsides, although I'm still having trouble with the line and speed needed to get around that first double apex left after the tight hairpin.

I do like the scenery around the track better. Before it had that false geography to it. Now, except for the massive gorge around the tunnel area, the track could easily pass for existing in a real life location. I've notice for several of the other fantasy tracks, that they've made the surrounding area more believable. Does anyone recognize what skyline PD used for the background of the SS Route 5 track? It looks familiar, although it is just one panorama displayed four times for each direction. (Hope that was easy to understand)

Didn't notice anything different about Laguna, some of the turns I have to take differently, but I chalk that up to physics. I do like how the cars go the entire length of the pit out lane instead of blending on the front straight. I think for both laguna and sears point they added a little too much vegetation. From what I remember, its all dirt and sand immediately around the track.
 
Why is Cote de Azue in the city tracks? I know its modeled after monaco F1 circuit so why is it there and not on the real circuits? Ne how have tto check out the new GV.
 
Rb26dett_240sx
Why is Cote de Azue in the city tracks? I know its modeled after monaco F1 circuit so why is it there and not on the real circuits? Ne how have tto check out the new GV.

Because the FIA holds the rights for the usage of the Monaco Grand Prix circuit. As PD probably didn't want to bother for paying that - and all track is located in the public city streets like in Seatlle for instance - they've just changed the name to avoid legal issues. My wild guess.

As for Laguna, the track IS modified, but this mods are now truthfull to the real layout - the Corksrcew is now altered as in real life, as well as the turns prior and just after the Cork.

I also love what tey've did to section prior the 2nd tunnel in Midfield, it feels much more realistic now.
 
While I think that there's no point in complaining about the tracks, I'm not entirely happy with what they've done to some of the tracks I adored in GT3. Granted, SSR5 is still there in all it's glory, but I had to race on a miniature, dumbed down version of it first. And where's my full size, un-notched Super Speedway? After a grueling session on the 'Ring, it would have been nice to just go in circles for a few laps... :cool:
 
The track is beautiful and every single corner is different. Even in a 60 lap race, on lap 60, I'm still somewhat surpirsed when I see what is around the next corner. Doing the track in reverse is even more suprising!

Kojak1970
While I think that there's no point in complaining about the tracks, I'm not entirely happy with what they've done to some of the tracks I adored in GT3. Granted, SSR5 is still there in all it's glory, but I had to race on a miniature, dumbed down version of it first. And where's my full size, un-notched Super Speedway? After a grueling session on the 'Ring, it would have been nice to just go in circles for a few laps... :cool:
Super Speedway is back in a derivation of Twin Ring Motegi. It is the same shape, but has had a visual overhaul. No more lines, and it looks much more boring, just like a NASCAR track... :indiff:
 
do you have any pictures of that grand vally for your pal brothers
 
appie17
do you have any pictures of that grand vally for your pal brothers
I have the replay saved, I'll try to get some of a Toyota Minolta 88C-V later on today.
 
There is no reason to argue about changes to the tracks. The tracks should always change somewhat. Think about it, with the amount of time between GT releases, in real time, the tracks could have possibly changed.

They have 2 Fuji tracks, 80's and 90's. Most of the GT original tracks have changed to also show how time has changed the tracks. They are just showing the evolution of tracks as if it would have happened in real time......like Laguna Seca
 
Back