The Next Gran Turismo Could Feature More "Offline" Gameplay

This might be as good a place as any to link this article....... https://www.driving.co.uk/news/gran-turismo-boss-says-removed-gt-mode-gamers-losing-automotive-know/

GTS.png

I’d have little interest in a single player game. Once you wet your feet against live people online racing ai becomes quite boring.
The future is online play.
Maybe the old games were neat for their time. They’ve got the right idea imo with sport.
I wouldnt bother with a gt title focused on a single player career grind after playing live people.

Actually the quality of the AI is where improvement needs to be made. The new MOTO GP 19 game is supposed to be working with a company that their AI learns from its mistakes. (and who says Skynet is not real?)

Actually a smart AI would be awesome as a player can set the level to be actually competitive for them, and you would not deal with the "real racers" that think divebombing and punting a person off the track is good racing.

I would say most people would love racing a smart AI that was not scripted, competitive and the race was not ruined because of asswipes.

Most AI up to this point is lame but there is always hope for the future. I am watching this new tech in the MGP game with my fingers crossed it delivers what they are claiming with the AI and if it does the technology will be the standard of racing games for the future.

I could care less what I am racing whether it be a real person or computer bot if both give me a really competitive and clean race.

As long as things like Coffee Break, don't impede me from all Golds, a more expansive GT League is fine with me. I've golded everything, but the one mission i hate, is the bowling cones at Dragon Trail in the MiTo. When I first got the game, took me a couple times. Put those bowling ones, off to the side.

Whatever happened to the "Nissan GT Academy" anyway?
They made such a massive deal about that program... become a real race car driver!
Then *poof* it disappears.

Whatever happened to the "Nissan GT Academy" anyway?
They made such a massive deal about that program... become a real race car driver!
Then *poof* it disappears.
If I had to guess, iRacing, rFactor, AC - ACC, Automobilista, etc. happened and they all took hold on being more realistic in the approach than Gran Turismo did. You would have to agree that people playing in the afore mentioned sims would have more actual racing knowledge from the content provided them then from playing Gran Turismo. But I don't know, could all come down to logistics and money. It's usually logistics and money.

Actually the quality of the AI is where improvement needs to be made. The new MOTO GP 19 game is supposed to be working with a company that their AI learns from its mistakes. (and who says Skynet is not real?)

Actually a smart AI would be awesome as a player can set the level to be actually competitive for them, and you would not deal with the "real racers" that think divebombing and punting a person off the track is good racing.

I would say most people would love racing a smart AI that was not scripted, competitive and the race was not ruined because of asswipes.

Most AI up to this point is lame but there is always hope for the future. I am watching this new tech in the MGP game with my fingers crossed it delivers what they are claiming with the AI and if it does the technology will be the standard of racing games for the future.

I could care less what I am racing whether it be a real person or computer bot if both give me a really competitive and clean race.

No matter what game is played checkers chess car racing fighting shooter cards etc...
Ai will always pale in comparison to live competition for me.
In racing games you hit an ai car so what.
Jmo but real people are much more interesting than ai.

Back