The Next Gran Turismo Probably Won't Be GT Sport 2

I don't think the next Gran Turismo will be a launch title for the Play Station 5 Sony will have to look for something new to be a launch title and Gran Turismo has no chance of keeping up with console cycles.

Things I Want Gone
1. Esport (Replace with customised online championships and have 2 car teams)
2. VGT (Replace with concept cars from past)

I have a idea for Gran Turismo put real ads on race track and charge companies to have ads on signs or to sponsor the track.

Last edited:
Next gran turismo have to bring back parts shop and gt auto. The upgrade system in gt sport is not what i really wanted. Many cars suffer from slider upgrade in gt sport. As it can't change an na car into sc or t. And is pretty boring upgrade system, campared to have parts. The career mode needs yo be better in next game as well.

If they keep those sounds until we get a proper gt it will be awesome

I don't think the next Gran Turismo will be a launch title for the Play Station 5 Sony will have to look for something new to be a launch title and Gran Turismo has no chance of keeping up with console cycles.

Things I Want Gone

I have a idea for Gran Turismo put real ads on race track and charge companies to have ads on signs or to sponsor the track.
GT6 could have been a PS4 launch title. It was Sony’s mismanagement, in the belief PS3 market would remain strong, that pushed PD to develop the title for PS3.

Clearly, outside a handful of smaller titles and remakes, PS4 1st Party development has now ceased. We’re well into PS5 planning, this becomes ever clearer with Sony’s plans, skipping E3 etc.

It’s also clear Esports is integral to Sony’s future plans. Not just Gran Turismo.

Things I Want Gone

I highly doubt they'll do away with the E-Sport component. There's no way that Polyphony Digital walks away from an opportunity for enhanced exposure, especially at a stage like that.

I think GTS has made a new following of Drivers for Online Line racing, they are real drivers , spectators, and their are the ones who dream of trying to become a real driver. Sony and PD made a cheap way to build a Simulator for new drivers and old drivers in their homes. Online competition is not new but I think it answered the need for Sim Racing , it’s Not a game it’s a driving experience for many. I Think GT7 Will take Sim Racing To the future If not I will stay with GTS and hope for updates.

If not I will stay with GTS and hope for updates.

Easier said than done. PD tend to shut the servers down of their previous game months after the newer game comes out. Considering the online based focus of GTS, unless PD push out an update allowing additional functionality when disconnected from the internet, GTS will essentially be a paperweight when the servers eventually go down

On the plus side, Sport mode appears to be coming back with GT7?

Easier said than done. PD tend to shut the servers down of their previous game months after the newer game comes out. Considering the online based focus of GTS, unless PD push out an update allowing additional functionality when disconnected from the internet, GTS will essentially be a paperweight when the servers eventually go down

On the plus side, Sport mode appears to be coming back with GT7?

Was talking with a friend about this and it's not unreasonable to "think" they may be planning to merge the servers of Sport and have 7 access the existing data from Sport (liveries, daily races etc etc) so perhaps the era where they would shut off the old game will not happen this time and Sport will continue to run but we can also do the online stuff with 7?

Back