The Next Gran Turismo Probably Won't Be GT Sport 2

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 13, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Turbo

Turbo Premium

P0T5, HoTDoG_GB, Brend and 18 others like this.
  3. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Hurrah!

Animedeaf and photonrider like this.
  4. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

Did you read the article?

It is saying how future GT Games will still be based around this ranked online component and hence wouldn't need to be called GT Sport 2 (suggested by a user)

5. austindeckerGT5

austindeckerGT5

Thank god! Please be GT7 and go back to how GT5 & GT6 were. The upgrade system in GT Sport sucks, along with a lot of other things. Only good things that came with GT Sport is the car sounds, premium cars, & vinyl editor.

6. austindeckerGT5

austindeckerGT5

If its still similar to GT Sport then I won't buy it. All GT Sport is to me is iRacing on console lol.

7. MikeV27

MikeV27

As long as the next GT isn't as mediocre as the PS3 era of GT games then i'm happy.

8. R3V

R3V

I just want tracks and cars

BCrljen, SiriusR, cjr3559 and 5 others like this.
  9. Lukanyon

Lukanyon

To be honest I'm more interested in the next Project CARS than the next Gran Turismo. It looks like PD and Kaz still don't listen to their fanbase. Although the game has lots of good points (graphics, livery editor), the cut in content and features has really turned me off.

10. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

The cool thing we have wait the next 4-5 year old game to be announced or come out. By the time is ready. GT sport will be more content at the end life spand.

fastone371, Tristan Jones and buraspo like this.
  11. George Jakob

George Jakob

Lets be honest if they plan to continue on this direction then that means GTS is just the base & the next one will have more of both.

KinLM, Phoenixsui and kjb like this.
  12. MikeV27

MikeV27

Hopefully they don't repeat what they did with GT6 and release it on PS4 when the PS5 comes out.

TJC_69, SmnSyz, KinLM and 17 others like this.
  13. mcfizzle

mcfizzle

Shouldn't a link to the original article be provided, even if it's in German?

gt6champnk69 likes this.
  14. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Whoops, genuine oversight there, added into the article. :tup:

15. Lukanyon

Lukanyon

Until they decide that the current content isn't detailed enough and start everything from scratch again.

SmnSyz likes this.
  16. andyparks

andyparks

The thing with project cars is the bugs from 1 are still in 2 which means there never going to be fixed

TJC_69, KinLM, mef and 1 other person like this.
  17. Marcos_Okay

Marcos_Okay

Sad.... Very sad.... Only 6 months from the start of the game... And talking about the next one

18. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

Well, their are GTP users that complain about the graphics not being good enough - so you never know.

19. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

I remember reading that this round of content had been gathered at a higher fidelity than what is being processed by the PS4. Their work flow had supposedly been altered to be more future proof than their past efforts. I don't remember the article where I read that, but even without the direct quote, this is how most modern development is done anyways.

SmnSyz, Felix and BuckFly like this.
  20. George Jakob

George Jakob

That can happen IF they release the next game on PS5 , BUT if we look back at history & the (Kind of failure in turms of sales) GT6 They won't do it.

21. photonrider

photonrider Premium

Putting aside the fallacy of ambiguity (albeit truthfully reported by GTPlanet) this is more than good and interesting news to long time fans of the series - especially those hard-core Turismites that have invested a lifetime of memories within it.
    This is hope than Kaz has not lost his original vision of an absorbing racing/automotive-oriented game driven by a driving-sim engine.
    The online component is vital today - and must be developed to its full potential - but not at the risk of losing the possible millions of players that want a driving game they can pick up and challenge at any time; a track, a car, a competitive race. And then everything else that comes out of that combo.

22. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

It sounds like Gran Turismo 7 will be a typical GT, but with the inclusion of sport mode daily races and championships. That works for me as I have thoroughly enjoyed the sport mode side of GTS.

KinLM, fastone371, at1503 and 14 others like this.
  23. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

GT Sport turning into GT7 via updates has been my gut feeling ever since launch. I've seen some updates on other PS4 games change their titles and icons on the PS4 dashboard, so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we're playing an early access version of GT7. XD

Felix, FranJS12, karelpipa and 2 others like this.
  24. George Jakob

George Jakob

Thats what should have been , 1. Release GT6 on PS4 in 2014 like it was including the ranking FIA championchips etc & then release GT7 in 2016-2017.

poumpoum likes this.
  25. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

It might be hard to remember where you read it because the exact same thing was said during the PS3 era. :p

"Future-proofing" is always a gamble, that's just the nature of the beast.

26. CodeCmdr

CodeCmdr

I'm a German speaker, and that interview from 4players doesn't really contain anything concrete - typical for interviews with Kaz.

I only noticed 2 noteworthy things:

i) Static rain effects are being worked on for GTS. Dynamic weather is too complex and is off the table.
    ii) They would like future hardware to enable them to render their games at 120 rather than 60 frames per second.

I'm glad that PD recognize how important framerates are. A lot of PlayStation and Xbox game developers just aim for cool graphics that look great in screenshots, at the cost of inconsistent framerates. I play a lot of games on PC at 120+ FPS and it's definitely a noticeable step up from 60 FPS. Maybe by the time PlayStation 5 comes out, high-end TVs will support 120 Hz and Sony will beef up PlayStation hardware enough to push out that many frames.

27. Robin

Robin Premium

I would really want the next one to be GT7, a traditional GT with little focus on e-sports other than your average online components. Focus on the core game with better features, damage, AI, environmental effects etc.

If they brought back some of the past tracks that are not yet included, put in more of a variety of interesting production cars instead of fantasy vision cars and maybe brought in bikes it would certainly make me interested again.

Animedeaf, SmnSyz, at1503 and 9 others like this.
  28. George Jakob

George Jakob

Dynamic Waether is too complex? even tho they did with PS3? hmmmm

TJC_69, Nowax, FranJS12 and 4 others like this.
  29. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor Premium

Wouldn't be surprised if all of gts is added to the next gt game. A more online focused main game would be awesome (unless you are a bile spewing gts hater).

SmnSyz and ShadowDMC like this.
  30. Calmlity

Calmlity

Recently I felt that GTS is like Gran Turismo Prologue or demo version of its next full game.

Animedeaf, SmnSyz, fastone371 and 3 others like this.