The Next Gran Turismo Probably Won't Be GT Sport 2

GTS is so boring now and Sports Mode is a joke, I think most players want GT7 ASAP and they don't mind if they get 25 skylines or what ever in the game, as long as there is a lot of cars like around 1200.
The name is called GT Sport and the Sport mode is so poorly handled. To me, three races a day don't make a great game. Thanks to the average sales and reviews, Sony/Poly know we expect much more.

GTS is so boring now and Sports Mode is a joke, I think most players want GT7 ASAP and they don't mind if they get 25 skylines or what ever in the game, as long as there is a lot of cars like around 1200.

I dont know how many cars are in the game but I probably only use maybe 30 of my cars at most. Many of the low end cars I dont even care about, I just play GTS for the racing, I cant imagine why I would need 1200 cars. 20 or 30 different track locations would be nice though.

I am a racing enthusiast and GTS is no where near the best GT game ever, when we get GT7 and over 1200 cars and all world tracks, then you may get the best GT game ever.

You are a dreamer and you will end up VERY disappointed.

It will take decades for PD to model 1200 cars and I'm pretty sure it will never happen because at some point they will re-start to model everything (PS6 ?).

Games with 1200 cars will be more and more difficult to do because the time needed to model a car is huge nowadays. Unless you're ready to accept the famous standard/premium system I don't see this happenning ever.

To you maybe. I thought the ps3 era of gt was very mediocre and I am glad they moved away from that. Sport mode is lacking some things but it’s very good overall, I definitely wouldn’t call it boring. The racing is intense.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think people ignore the facts and believe what they want to believe no matter how many times it gets posted on this site.

About half of the people who bought GT6 have bought GTS. Don't know the exact number I'm just basing it off the 3mill GTS has earned compared to the over 6mill GT6 earned.

What we do know is the % of people who have done a Sport Mode Race and the % of people who have not and the % of people who continue to play.

The overwhelmingly majority of people who bought GTS do not play the Esports side of it. The sole reason GTS was made and released.

So honestly what side of this argument do you think is going to win come the next GT release.
You might get an Esports side added into the next GT7 but it definitely won't be the focus of the entire game. Not if PD cares about the business side of it and making money.

GTS will be the core of the next game, a backbone that scales up easily and they build on.

As for the 120hz, I read the same... TVs can’t do this yet. Also, because it’s a huge draw on resources, I would rather them focus on draw distance, reflections, weather, VR, etc...

It will take decades for PD to model 1200 cars and I'm pretty sure it will never happen because at some point they will re-start to model everything (PS6 ?)
I can see 1200 cars in GT7 👍. PD is re-starting to model cars from GT6 into GTS, the cars in GTS now most likely be in GT7. By the time GTS has finished and in GT7 life it will have over 1200 cars.

I don't get the fact that some people hates this GT...I play Gran Turismo since GT1 and I use a steering wheel since GT5 Prologue. GT Sport is the one that gets me addicted the most. I'm not a hardcore gamer and I usually play a game 1 week before it gets boring to me. Now that changed. I play this game non stop since december 23rd and it's still not boring to me. Is this game perfect? No. It could be even better with more tracks and cars. My dream game would be a GT with a good old single player career, the ability to mod more cars than in GT6 and everything else could be like GT Sport.

I wouldn't like PD to revert back to create another GT5-6 alike game. In my opinion a lot of complaints about the previous and current GTs is to create and name the next iteration: "Gran Turismo Sport Career"

The concept should be:
The player should partially go through racing school first to acquire a racing license. With this license he/she is permitted to enter Sunday Cup races, track day events and can sign up with a racing team to enter one make races.
With these races one can earn money to buy/upgrade cars and points (DR and SR) to promote to other racing classes (prevents people to jump into a GR3, 2 or 1 car without having the skills to control such a car and ruining other peoples races). Matchmaking would still be bases on SR first, then on DR so players are always put in races with drivers of the same skill and sportmanship level.

This would give a game similar to the way gran turismo has always been, the only difference is that the actual racing would be online.

I can see 1200 cars in GT7 👍. PD is re-starting to model cars from GT6 into GTS, the cars in GTS now most likely be in GT7. By the time GTS has finished and in GT7 life it will have over 1200 cars.

But then the question would be, what is the difference between the two if GT7 is basically Definitive Edition GT Sport?

The singleplayer everybody was moaning about is slowly building up with constant updates. If GT Sport was left alone since release and then we get GT7 with all this extra content, that would be a big jump. But constantly updating Sport with cars n tracks, what will GT7 offer that Sport wont have by then?

But then the question would be, what is the difference between the two if GT7 is basically Definitive Edition GT Sport?

The singleplayer everybody was moaning about is slowly building up with constant updates. If GT Sport was left alone since release and then we get GT7 with all this extra content, that would be a big jump. But constantly updating Sport with cars n tracks, what will GT7 offer that Sport wont have by then?
GT7 would most likely have online Seasonal races, Time Trials and Drift Events.

I wouldn't like PD to revert back to create another GT5-6 alike game. In my opinion a lot of complaints about the previous and current GTs is to create and name the next iteration: "Gran Turismo Sport Career"

The concept should be:
The player should partially go through racing school first to acquire a racing license. With this license he/she is permitted to enter Sunday Cup races, track day events and can sign up with a racing team to enter one make races.
With these races one can earn money to buy/upgrade cars and points (DR and SR) to promote to other racing classes (prevents people to jump into a GR3, 2 or 1 car without having the skills to control such a car and ruining other peoples races). Matchmaking would still be bases on SR first, then on DR so players are always put in races with drivers of the same skill and sportmanship level.

This would give a game similar to the way gran turismo has always been, the only difference is that the actual racing would be online.

Nice idea, but I think something like this would split the player base too much, with people being at different stages all the time it would be hard to constantly fill lobbies like the daily races do today

I'd take 25 skylines over 25 VGTS any day of the week, VGT needs to die
Seriously? You would rather have duplicates of the same car than 25 original, unique VGT's? If that's not variety I don't know what is...

I know some say it's hard to please everybody, but PD can by including a DEDICATED offline career and online modes ALONG WITH the Livery Editor, Course Maker, Scapes and even B Spec. Offline career mode will give out prize cars just like previous GT games, however when in it, you cannot win a daily reward. However if you choose ONLINE you can win a daily reward so there's two avenues for a prize. If you do a certain mileage, win a certain number of races or achieve a certain number of poles, you can also win prizes. Of course, you will still be able to buy cars. Also, bring back seasonal events to add another online element for those who do not want to do daily races - along with lobbies. This is not impossible with the resources PD have.

Nice idea, but I think something like this would split the player base too much, with people being at different stages all the time it would be hard to constantly fill lobbies like the daily races do today

Yes, that could be the case, however, I'd rather see a lobby with 10 peer drivers putting real effort in racing and avoiding collisions, than having a full 20 driver lobby with 1 a..h... ruining the race for everybody that comes within 2 seconds of his car..

Seriously? You would rather have duplicates of the same car than 25 original, unique VGT's? If that's not variety I don't know what is...

I know some say it's hard to please everybody, but PD can by including a DEDICATED offline career and online modes ALONG WITH the Livery Editor, Course Maker, Scapes and even B Spec. Offline career mode will give out prize cars just like previous GT games, however when in it, you cannot win a daily reward. However if you choose ONLINE you can win a daily reward so there's two avenues for a prize. If you do a certain mileage, win a certain number of races or achieve a certain number of poles, you can also win prizes. Of course, you will still be able to buy cars. Also, bring back seasonal events to add another online element for those who do not want to do daily races - along with lobbies. This is not impossible with the resources PD have.
Yes I'd take 25 skylines over 25 hot wheel looking fictional cars

Carrer mode in GTSport doesn't make sense, there are no prize cars, the only good thing about GTLeague is that blue moon race for farming credits

I'd like a Carrer mode like in GT4 you start with a crappy Japanese car from the 80's and work your way up

Yes I'd take 25 skylines over 25 hot wheel looking fictional cars

Carrer mode in GTSport doesn't make sense, there are no prize cars, the only good thing about GTLeague is that blue moon race for farming credits

I'd like a Carrer mode like in GT4 you start with a crappy Japanese car from the 80's and work your way up
Give me a game where it is relevant to use VGT cars well in GT. I have already spent the last 20 years driving a skyline, its boring as hell.

GTS will be the core of the next game, a backbone that scales up easily and they build on.

As for the 120hz, I read the same... TVs can’t do this yet. Also, because it’s a huge draw on resources, I would rather them focus on draw distance, reflections, weather, VR, etc...[/QUOTE

The concept should be:

That's a great idea!! SR should carry over from single to sport mode, maybe that would teach proper ettiquite

I don't get the fact that some people hates this GT...
Don't mistake disapointment, honesty and understanding of a sub par offering with hatred. End of the day its just a game, which is supposed to just entertain some of your bored free time. Honestly its just a glorified prologue like I said already it wasn't meant to be great or a GT5/GT6 replacement. Which Kaz was open about that fact more than a year ago. What I don't understand and don't like is why most people didn't understand that before buying it, that it was obvious that would be the case. Or why buying (supporting) it wouldn't be anything but the excuse Sony needed, to force the car culture community that loves Turismo for its physics. Into the Consol platform where Sony can get rich because Online service cost money. If you been playing GT since GT1 its no secret they always put out some sort of Fancy-ed up demo, before the next real Turismo is done. And considering ps5 was in the works already, and electronics are made to be obsolete right out of the box. It doesn't take much to understand Sony wasn't going put out the next real Turismo before ps5's were on shelves. If I had to guess from common sense when "GT7" was going to hit stores, it will be right before X-mas right after PS5's are on sale.

The concept should be:

I was thinking about that the other day ! I think that an online career would be so much fun ! You'll have to begin with a Clio Cup championship before being able to drive Gr 4 etc...

I was thinking about that the other day ! I think that an online career would be so much fun ! You'll have to begin with a Clio Cup championship before being able to drive Gr 4 etc...
The Sport mode could be so much better with lots of online championships and unique rewards like paints, trophies. A real sense of progression.

The concept should be:

:lol: :lol:. The majority don't play online. That would kill the series once and for all. They need to sell millions of copies mate. You don't do that by throwing away those sales.

I'm beginning to think people ignore the facts and believe what they want to believe no matter how many times it gets posted on this site.

About half of the people who bought GT6 have bought GTS. Don't know the exact number I'm just basing it off the 3mill GTS has earned compared to the over 6mill GT6 earned.

What we do know is the % of people who have done a Sport Mode Race and the % of people who have not and the % of people who continue to play.

The overwhelmingly majority of people who bought GTS do not play the Esports side of it. The sole reason GTS was made and released.

So honestly what side of this argument do you think is going to win come the next GT release.
You might get an Esports side added into the next GT7 but it definitely won't be the focus of the entire game. Not if PD cares about the business side of it and making money.
I think you’re looking at things very narrowly and missing the much larger picture. You talk about ignoring facts and also bring up the business side of it when the fact is that Sony is dominating this generation while last generation they were a distant 2nd or 3rd. It’s not a coincidence. Sony has diversified their portfolio, cannibalizing sales of established franchises, increasing overall sales in software and hardware.

I can really appreciate how much Kazunori Yamauchi has been pushing towards the most racing driver-oriented experience as possible, and it shows. I hope they keep that push into GT7. But a few things need to be taken into consideration as to why the GT franchise was so successful at first and part of it has little to do with the actual driving experience. The feel of accomplishment, having to work really hard to buy cars with cash earned from races, to tune cars yourself, ridiculous diversity of cars, starting from the bottom with slow cars, tons of single player events, championships, endurances...most people don't want to rely on an internet connection to enjoy themselves behind the wheel of their favourite car arounds their favourite track.

It’s comparable to an early morning Sunday real life drive in your weekend-only sports car. No one to compete against; just you, your machine you've built and your own terms. Nothing more. The Gran Turismo franchise needs to be able to update without removing some of the key things that have brought them success since the beginning. I'm not even joking when I say that I whoop out the original Gran Turismo from time to time, just for nostalgic sake, back when things were simple. I really value simplicity, and I hope GT7 doesn’t veer too far out to the new age of internet-based competition only. The comments surrounding Gran Turismo Sport really bring this to light, as most consider it a flop. I’m confident that the intention behind GT Sport was missed on some, but it serve to prove a point that people enjoy building something, not necessarily competing continuously.

There are many car enthusiasts out there. Some like to race and be the best they can be. And others like blow off some steam around corners, take in the sights and sounds of the purest automotive experience one can ever dream of. Safe to say I'm the later.

I’ve been out of the racing game scene for a while, but I’ve owned every GT game in the series. Amongst the metric tons of improvements, there’s definitely a lot of purity that has been lost along the way. If GT7 gets this right enough, I will buy a console just to get Gran Turismo 7. I wouldn’t want anything more.

I also hope they put a strong value on slower cars, visceral engine noises and as much realism as possible. Vibrations, squeaks, rattles, noisy hydraulic valve lifters, induction sound, exhaust sound, throttle bodies opening and pulling air in, misfires, those sort of things.

Cheers,
James

Back