The next part of Forza Motorsport will be developed openly with the community

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 107 comments
So because they didn't cost real world money then they are not loot boxes, even though all the other elements were there?

Catchy opening animation - Check
Randomized items based on chance - Check
Countless duplicate items including cars, suits and, mod cards - Check
In game purchase needed to access - Check

Nothing at all like a loot box?

Catchy opening animation - Check
Randomized items based on chance - Check
Countless duplicate items - Check
In game purchase needed to access - Check (I'd argue the need to buy a car in order to complete a race is an in-game purchase)

So, loot box?

Does it make me a bad GT fan if I've never seen this before, mainly because I haven't really played GT3 that much?

Nah, at least you missed the frustration of winning yet another Miata instead of the elusive F1 car after completing the 1h30 Miata enduro around Apricot Hill for the 7th time because the prize cars were awarded from sheer dumb luck... An absolute grindfest of repeating the same boring events over and over again. And to think some people are whining about having to complete an online championship that takes 20 minutes in order to win an exclusive car in FH4. There were a lot, and I mean a boatload of questionnable things with the old GT games that are never talked about because of the nostalgia and the whole "PD does no wrong and Kaz is a god" rose tinted mentality that goes around here.

But I digress.

My biggest fear tied with asking the community for insight is the community itself. I can already see the begging for the return of both Toyota and Fujimi Kaido being the hot topic.

One thing I wish they would do is take inspiration from the way they did the expansions for FM6 and use them as the basis for the next career mode. The "zero-to-hero via a random collection of races" setup has grown extremely long in the tooth, doubly so when cars and credits are thrown at you like they are in Forza.

However going through the history of brands/models/series or taking a certain series out of it's element and competing against other series or even disciplines like the NASCAR expansion is much more appealing since it hasn't been done to death. Plus it would give you much more incentive to own all the cars from brands with large lineups in the game.

My biggest fear tied with asking the community for insight is the community itself. I can already see the begging for the return of both Toyota and Fujimi Kaido being the hot topic.

I mean, people were spamming the chat on the last Forza Monthly stream wondering where Toyota was, so we're already halfway there.

They're already going heavy for the drifting crowd recently, might as well give them fujimi kaido or something similar too.

I really hope they let us choose what AI cars we race against, I know you can do it a little bit with the car groups but still i'd like to do it with a whole field. You could do it in the 360 games with system link, or in private lobbies in FM4
Another reason FM4 is still arguably the main highlight of the franchise.

Almost makes me want a remaster and update to current gen. for it.

One thing I wish they would do is take inspiration from the way they did the expansions for FM6 and use them as the basis for the next career mode. The "zero-to-hero via a random collection of races" setup has grown extremely long in the tooth, doubly so when cars and credits are thrown at you like they are in Forza.

However going through the history of brands/models/series or taking a certain series out of it's element and competing against other series or even disciplines like the NASCAR expansion is much more appealing since it hasn't been done to death. Plus it would give you much more incentive to own all the cars from brands with large lineups in the game.

NFS Porsche Unleashed is my favorite racing game ever.

Another reason FM4 is still arguably the main highlight of the franchise.

Almost makes me want a remaster and update to current gen. for it.
It definitely is my favourite, FM7 does a lot of things better but i find as an overall package FM4 just felt so ****ing TIGHT, the storefront/auction house stuff was so much better and the car DLC was soooooooooo good

I find the way the career is built in Project Cars 2 feels more natural. You progress through promotion categories to world championships. Each category has a prerequisite one.
In forza I understand they wanted to throw in high profile cars early to encourage players, but that can be done via "promotionnal" races or "choose your car" championship

I find the way the career is built in Project Cars 2 feels more natural. You progress through promotion categories to world championships. Each category has a prerequisite one.
In forza I understand they wanted to throw in high profile cars early to encourage players, but that can be done via "promotionnal" races or "choose your car" championship

Progression doesn't have to be done from slowest to fastest. In FM7 they could have done it better, but today I think that, with such number and availability of cars, it makes more sense to rank events by difficulty, not speed. The Birth of Grand Prix is higher PI than Sport Compact but much harder to drive.

Still, there's plenty of vertical progression in FM7, which it combines with horizontal progression to form the Driver's Cup. Forza GT comes before Forza P2 and P1, while Formula Ford comes before Indycar and F1. All of these are examples of difficulty related to speed and exist in the same universe as others like Prototype Group Racing being in the last card of events along with Hypercar and later than Forza GT despite having similar PI limit.

You could view having Rise of the Supercar, The Birth of Grand Prix and Early Prototype Racing in the first couple cards as a mistake, but to truly analyze the Driver's Cup progression you must go beyond that, which makes you realize there is an escalation in difficulty that pushes you into progressing further if you'd like, especially with the modern cars.

Also, you are in no way forced to play the harder cups to unlock later championships the first time you go through the career. The game lets you start with early supercars but what if you can't handle them? In such case, you have the option to do a Modern Hot Hatch cup, which is much easier than a Rise of the Supercar one and counts equally towards progression, and come back to the earlier cup when you're more experienced at the game. You don't have to do one before the other. In the age of choice, this is actually quite remarkable.

NFS Porsche Unleashed is my favorite racing game ever.

It was great game. I like the game mode where you start in 50s and race to 2000s. It was nice when new Porsche models appeared in dealer and when you also could buy used models.

Imagine Forza career that way.

Back