The Nissan Juke: We Talk About It

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 605 comments
You need to get a 370Z NISMO now to complete the garage. :lol:

the plan is to drive this JUKE NISMO for about 3 years and then get a Z35. the current Z is on its last legs not to mention the NISMO is now about 45K+ which is insane when you consider its performance against other competitors near the 50K mark. with the likely 3.0TT coming to a smaller more nimble Z.. the NISMO version of that car is the one to wait for.

I just have got to get a cool daily ASAP as driving NISMO GTR #1 while watching an old lady pull up behind you at a stop light and think there is a 50/50 shot she might rear end you can give you an anxiety attack. I want something I can jump in and go..have fun with and rep NISMO and this checks all those boxes. im not overly thrilled about CVT I admit but I go to a lot of sporting events concerts ect and sitting in traffic getting in and out in a manual just isnt fun anymore. If this car was occasional fun car manual would be the call. but its going to be my everyday go everywhere car and I think I would regret it in the long run

I'm patiently waiting for the Sentra NISMO, but will also be getting a cheap daily at the same time so I don't trash the Sentra with my 45 mile daily round trip commute through farm country full of bugs that like to commit suicide on the front of my GTi. :P

another thing to add is you cant get AWD with manual and the AWD was a big part of the decision. if it would have been possible to pair manual with AWD thats a much harder decision

the FWD I just wasnt feeling as from a hard start in 1st it would really jerk you to one side and I could tell it also will be really prone to understeer. im going to occasionally AutoX is at my local club to take some wear of the GTR tires and the AWD will be better for that despite the CVT im thinking.

Huh ? The manual doesn't have AWD ? Why ?

Huh ? The manual doesn't have AWD ? Why ?
its just how the nissan pairs the two. manual is FWD only. AWD is CVT only. the CVT also cant handle as much torque so it has like 26 lb ft less than the manual too but it delivers the power at a lower RPM. so there are real trade offs back and forth depending on what you get

Last edited:
the plan is to drive this JUKE NISMO for about 3 years and then get a Z35. the current Z is on its last legs not to mention the NISMO is now about 45K+ which is insane when you consider its performance against other competitors near the 50K mark. with the likely 3.0TT coming to a smaller more nimble Z.. the NISMO version of that car is the one to wait for.

I just have got to get a cool daily ASAP as driving NISMO GTR #1 while watching an old lady pull up behind you at a stop light and think there is a 50/50 shot she might rear end you can give you an anxiety attack. I want something I can jump in and go..have fun with and rep NISMO and this checks all those boxes. im not overly thrilled about CVT I admit but I go to a lot of sporting events concerts ect and sitting in traffic getting in and out in a manual just isnt fun anymore. If this car was occasional fun car manual would be the call. but its going to be my everyday go everywhere car and I think I would regret it in the long run
Would be nice to have a 3.0TT Z. Should be called 300ZX.

would be a good call back for sure but latest rumor is they are going to call the car just Nissan "Z" going forward. one reason is some markets might get an entry level 4 cylinder Turbo version as well

I actually, finally, got to drive one today. Chasing down a noise over 5,500rpm. Not bad, love the seats. It was the same model: CVT/AWD.

We get the 1.6T here but it's in a Basic package.

Given it's about 100kg lighter then the Pulsar SSS it's has some go though.

The 1.6T is used in all versions, but the NISMO models each have a bump in power, so technically it's more than a body kit. :) Oh, and the seats!

very very good. they are basically an OEM rebranded Recaro Sportster. I like the thin hardshell look and feel. they arnt power but that isnt a big deal but they really make the interior of the car

Last edited:
How does the 1.6T feel in the Juke and what kind of mileage do you get?

right now the car only has 194 miles on it and ive only done real short trips so its getting like 21mpg right now. im driving it in bursts..stop and go in sport mode with AC on and its not broken in. That is supposed to go up to like 25 for the city and around 30 for highway I think.

speaking of gas I have 194 miles on the clock like I said and I looked down and saw my range was like 57 miles to empty. I thought that was weird but then researched and found out the AWD has a 11.8 gallon tank vs the 13.2 of the FWD. so at 20ish mpg that makes sense.. so on trips even at 25+ I will be stopping more than I thought.

the 1.6 feels good. havent had it over maybe 4500 rpm and havent played around with the paddles much to keep it in the higher revs but will have a good feel for it to share after my first AutoX in it

Have you driven the other trims? Do you really feel the extra power in the Rs?

Have you driven the other trims? Do you really feel the extra power in the Rs?

only other trim ive driven is a non RS NISMO never driven a standard Juke. I autocrossed a 2013? NISMO at circuit of the americas at a nissan sponsored event. that one I think was 197hp and had no paddle shift so my memory of it was steering with one hand and smacking the CVT into first over and over with the other. mine felt faster than that one yes

then Ive test driven a FWD RS which the manual and the fairly bad torque steer make it feel like its more powerful. I think the FWD manual is almost 1 sec faster 0-60 so its a real difference.

so yeah the one I got is faster than the NISMO i drove but probably not as fast as the manual RS I drove

Back