The Nissan Juke: We Talk About It

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 605 comments
I think it's just a visual trick. The previous Juke was rather bulbous with not much being doing stylistically to make it appear low. This new one has a more radically sloping wide window profile which is about all we can see that would help.

Pleased to see it continue. The Kicks would not have satiated the current Juke owners if the UK numbers are anything to go by.

Weird, despite the fact that its covered in really rather figure hiding camo I already feel like know exactly how it will look.

The Nissan Kicks seems like a ploy to take on the Ford EcoSport in the ever-exciting lowland Compromise Region of rental car fleets.

Last edited:
Second-gen Juke sheds some camo and puts on bigger wheels to tease its more athletic persona:
845e404a-2020-nissan-juke-spy-shots-9.jpg

132997bb-2020-nissan-juke-spy-shots-12.jpg

3cb7e21c-2020-nissan-juke-spy-shots-17.jpg

This render gives a strong indication of what to expect:
71518c18-2020-nissan-juke-carscoops-768x487.jpg

If they keep those colored accessory items from the last model, this will be a pretty trick machine. Real nice.

Here's the first teaser for the Next-Gem Juke, ahead of its September reveal:
nissan_juke_teaser_2019.jpg

Might sound strange, but I'm really looking forward to this one. There are clearly hints from the Nissan Gripz in the lights; given how much Z-car influence the aforementioned concept had, I really hope there are more similarities inside and out.

What I don't want is a Z badge on the car, that's a lil too far. :lol:

So this is how it looks like in lightly camouflaged form, huh... Not bad.

images

11_14.jpg

I honestly think it's going to look better outside versus the outgoing model. It would also seem that they are going to retain the highly placed door handles for the rear doors as well.

Looks to have lost a lot of its original character by moving to the corporate design language and not getting its own like the first car.

Follows the age old design Evolution technique of starting with something radical and make it more boring with each new Version, until the car looks like anything else on the road.

Probably trying to join the trend where squinted headlight designs are becoming a common sight already. The original model looks comical but this one looks more matured. The rear design reminds me of Mazda's hatchbacks though.

You know, I liked the old Juke. If they made a concerted effort to make it genuinely good to drive, I would consider one. Not that we are getting it here anyways...:irked:

You know, I liked the old Juke. If they made a concerted effort to make it genuinely good to drive, I would consider one. Not that we are getting it here anyways...:irked:
I honestly thought it drove okay. Basic ones felt reasonably willing and nimble, and the Nismo was quite good fun. A bit unruly perhaps, but that kind of added to its character.

There's a Juke parked up at the entrance of this holiday camp with the spoiler from the 2011 Civic Type R Mugen on it. It's quite the sight, if not really in keeping.

Reading this thread it seems an unpopular opinion but I really don't like the current Juke, and I think the next gen model looks rather good. Perhaps it's just because I work in the motor industry but the general consensus is that Nissans are mostly pretty crap. The quality certainly isn't there compared to most of their competitors, and while the manual ones are fine for reliability I don't find them generally that great to drive. The Juke isn't that comfortable, either, and it's fairly cramped by the current standards of that segment. I'm probably spoiled because I've spend a fair bit of time in a Seat Arona but the Juke feels ancient, cheaply made, and a bit crude by comparison. I don't mind the older tech since that ages, but the quality barely stands up to the Vauxhall Mokka, which is when you know you have an issue.

The spy shots and teasers look rather good; despite being of the opinion that the Qashqai isn't that great a car I do think it looks quite attractive and it seems the Juke will incorporate the same design language with some of the distinctive elements remaining.

Any ideas when it may come out?
Soon.

source/ autoevolution
2020 Nissan Juke Release date
Dubbed as 2020 MY, this car won’t hit the markets before the end of 2019. In upcoming months we should witness testing mules and prototypes, as Nissan still has a lot of work to do. This vehicle should see the light of the day at one of the major auto shows in 2019, probably in Europe. But, it won’t be available for purchase before the turn of the year. Stay tuned as we collect more info about this model.

Reading this thread it seems an unpopular opinion but I really don't like the current Juke, and I think the next gen model looks rather good. Perhaps it's just because I work in the motor industry but the general consensus is that Nissans are mostly pretty crap. The quality certainly isn't there compared to most of their competitors, and while the manual ones are fine for reliability I don't find them generally that great to drive. The Juke isn't that comfortable, either, and it's fairly cramped by the current standards of that segment. I'm probably spoiled because I've spend a fair bit of time in a Seat Arona but the Juke feels ancient, cheaply made, and a bit crude by comparison. I don't mind the older tech since that ages, but the quality barely stands up to the Vauxhall Mokka, which is when you know you have an issue.

The spy shots and teasers look rather good; despite being of the opinion that the Qashqai isn't that great a car I do think it looks quite attractive and it seems the Juke will incorporate the same design language with some of the distinctive elements remaining.
I know what you mean, in my honest opinion Nissan is in almost the same category of mitsubiti: low quality, uninspired, ugly, drab, and cheap.

I know what you mean, in my honest opinion Nissan is in almost the same category of mitsubiti: low quality, uninspired, ugly, drab, and cheap.
Granted I can't say anything about their whole CVT situation, but there's some new stuff coming that I think will surprise people.

That doesn't take out the fact that they're only second to Toyota when it comes to global sales by an automaker from Japan. And it's believed that they have even surpassed them already since Nissan acquired Mitsubishi.

I'm a little sad the rear lights are a bit tame this time around, but holy wow have they gone to town on that interior. Almost a two generational leap.

Oh wow, I really like that! Nissan is erasing its association with cheapness and going for a more upmarket look across the range, hope it works out for them. 👍

I suppose the good thing is that it's a little less ugly than the first gen. But its still far from a looker.

Back