The Nissan Pic's Thread!

  • Thread starter Thread starter miniMADness
  • 241 comments
  • 8,800 views
Just because I'm a butt-munch like that, and I totally dispise the Skyline.


DA7.JPG

DA3.JPG

DA.JPG
 
This one was mine before I totally front-ended a light pole.


DSC00096.JPG


DSC00094.JPG
 
Originally posted by Shadow Drifter
Just because I'm a butt-munch like that, and I totally dispise the Skyline.

Originally posted by Shadow Drifter
This one was mine before I totally front-ended a light pole.
:confused: You despised it enough to buy one?
 
Originally posted by daan
:confused: You despised it enough to buy one?

You see what happened to that grey one. Some of that was intentional. LMAO. . . .well most of it. The HUGE dent right in front of the drivers side rear quarter-panle wasnt.

My car wasn't an intentional accident, that happened on a touge. For those who remember the original thread for these pics, then you can recall that info, so I won't go into details.


And if you ask my little brother, he'll tell you exactly why I hate the skyline and why I fell in love with the Silvias and 180s. It's kind of an embarrasing story, but it's all good.


Oh and to answer your question directly, yes, I use to LOVE and WORSHIP the skyline and everything about it. Now, after what happened, I can't even put it's first letter in CAPS.:irked:




Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter
 
Originally posted by skylineGTR_guy
Silvias and 180's? Sure. :p BLAH, you didn't even own a GT-R model.

Nah, I had the displeasure of driving a local national's R34 GT-R VSpec, I would rather regurgitate stomach acid then drive one again.
 
Sounds like bs, Im sure you loved the thrill of it anyone would.
 
Originally posted by skylineGTR_guy
Whos your little bro? I wanna ask him what happend.

His GTP name is Ryen49. He'll tell you all about the white skyline. I'm pretty sure I gave him the full details on the grey one, if not, just PM me and I'll tell you that story, its a good one.
 
anyone that intentionally damages a skyline should be shot!, no excuse
 
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
anyone that intentionally damages a skyline should be shot!, no excuse


I DO look kinda proud of what I've done in that first pic huh? I don't mean to insult anyone by saying that I don't like the skyline. It's just my own personal opinion. Sorry if anyone took offense, personally, I think it's pretty funny that a lot of people give all of this hype to a car that they have never driven and probably never will drive.

I'm NOT saying that you haven't driven the car, for all I know you probably own one. But, I'm just saying that I've driven most all skyline models and they are NOT all that. It handles like a 4wd car should handle. As a matter of fact, if you have never driven the GT-R34, think of a Lincoln Towncar in 4wd and about 500 pounds lighter. That's about it.

VIPER, I know that you've had your fair share of skyline encounters, and I think you own one, but, I'm just stating the fact that I don't like it and I don't see the hype. I mean, the engine is a serious contender, it has almost unlimited potential, and it doesn't take much to get those engines powerful. But once they're built up, they only have one purpose, IMO, the Wangan.

When I had the fortune to get some leave, I went over to the Wangan for a spill and let me just say that it's EVERYTHING that TXR makes it out to be. I was SUPRISED. The only thing the game exaggerates is the physics. Traffic is just as unpredictable and the cars are just as fast. I had a chance to get to see the 1100hp R34 and the twin 900hp RX7s. I actually rode in my skyline while on the Wangan, for the most part, but when I saw the 1100hp R34, I was in the passenger side seat of the red and white (not white and red) RX7. Absolutely incredible. That 34 had power that I never thought possible. It pulled away on the straights and took curves like it was on rails. But the first serious turn, the RX7 had it in it's grasps. We lost, needless to say, but it was still funny to me that an 1100hp skyline couldn't stay away from a 900hp RX7 with minimal turns and maximum straight. He never got more than 2 car lenghts away.


Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter

P.S. The reason I say "the" before naming the hp of the cars and the actual cars themselves, is because those cars are ABSOLUTELY FAMOUS among the Wangan racers and Okinawa Drifters. But that's another story, and in and of itself deserves another thread.

*hmm a thread totally devoted to personal expierineces from racing in Japan. I'll get on that one day*
 
i have had alot of experiences in silvias, but i personally would take a skyline anyday
 
Power isn't anything wihtout handling and good throttle response, sometimes modifying a car and not concentrating on all the aspects can hinder performance instead of increase it. It all comes down to how each individual tuner decided to do it. Any car can be anythign you want it to be. If you watch that best motoring with the tuned inline 6 shoot out, check out the stunning throttle response on the mines GTR :drool: I want power, but I would kill for response like that!

Speaking of skylines, if all goes well I'll be taking a tuned R34 for a spin around the streets of Arizona next saturday....Now I just need to find someone stupid enought to try and race me so I can get it on video :trouble:
 
Originally posted by Shadow Drifter
I DO look kinda proud of what I've done in that first pic huh? I don't mean to insult anyone by saying that I don't like the skyline. It's just my own personal opinion. Sorry if anyone took offense, personally, I think it's pretty funny that a lot of people give all of this hype to a car that they have never driven and probably never will drive.

I'm NOT saying that you haven't driven the car, for all I know you probably own one. But, I'm just saying that I've driven most all skyline models and they are NOT all that. It handles like a 4wd car should handle. As a matter of fact, if you have never driven the GT-R34, think of a Lincoln Towncar in 4wd and about 500 pounds lighter. That's about it.[/i]

Right about here is where anyone who knows these cars knows you're really full of it aye. From what you are trying describe and in fact what the GTR is, isn't even in the same time zone persay.

They don't handle like a 4wd car "should" and certainly don't drive nor behave anything like a luxury car. Even my 12 year old R32 GTR with its rather worn out suspension!
So what brought you that conclusion? Oh wait I know, I serious doubt you've even been in a GTR. On a side note the R32 GST-t and GTS4 would out handle, out accelerate and out maneuver your "Lincoln" and the GTR half again better on handling and twice on acceleration in standard trim. Oh wait there's more keep reading.



VIPER, I know that you've had your fair share of skyline encounters, and I think you own one, but, I'm just stating the fact that I don't like it and I don't see the hype. I mean, the engine is a serious contender, it has almost unlimited potential, and it doesn't take much to get those engines powerful. But once they're built up, they only have one purpose, IMO, the Wangan.


The hype is that those who've never owned or driven one, base their opinions and values from the experiences of those who do. Just as I've never owned, driven, or ridden in a Maclearen F1, yet I consider it to be the pinnicle of the super cars. The GTR is awesome for what it is plain and simple. Considering I've owned or driven quite a few top sports cars, these cars are so much more. I can't think of many other cars you can show up to a drag strip or local circuit, change nothing and give it a thrash, be competitive, yet drive it home happily on the streets.
They'll out handle a Viper out of the box, change the exhaust and ecu work and they are making the same power, then will out accelerate one. There is nearly an endless supply of aftermarket parts available and for a car that built orginally to compete in the JGTC, forsale in Japan only, they certainlly have grown in reputation over the years.
When you say built up, as in what 1000hp? And just how many 1000hp street cars are there? Most of your "Hi Performance Street cars" would be around the 650hp. If you've even been in a 650hp street car you would seriously know it.



When I had the fortune to get some leave, I went over to the Wangan for a spill and let me just say that it's EVERYTHING that TXR makes it out to be. I was SUPRISED. The only thing the game exaggerates is the physics. Traffic is just as unpredictable and the cars are just as fast. I had a chance to get to see the 1100hp R34 and the twin 900hp RX7s. I actually rode in my skyline while on the Wangan, for the most part, but when I saw the 1100hp R34, I was in the passenger side seat of the red and white (not white and red) RX7. Absolutely incredible. That 34 had power that I never thought possible. It pulled away on the straights and took curves like it was on rails. But the first serious turn, the RX7 had it in it's grasps. We lost, needless to say, but it was still funny to me that an 1100hp skyline couldn't stay away from a 900hp RX7 with minimal turns and maximum straight. He never got more than 2 car lenghts away.


Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter

P.S. The reason I say "the" before naming the hp of the cars and the actual cars themselves, is because those cars are ABSOLUTELY FAMOUS among the Wangan racers and Okinawa Drifters. But that's another story, and in and of itself deserves another thread.

*hmm a thread totally devoted to personal expierineces from racing in Japan. I'll get on that one day*


First in the reality of things the GTR is well over 250kgs heavier standard. Power to weight makes a huge difference for starters. Now you state "twin 900hp RX7s" or did you mean twin turbo. Eh don't bother responding as the more I read this the more I've come to realize you are forever stuck in the fantisy world of Grand Turismo, you know FANTISY land. The two cars you have pictured are an R32 GTS-t or GTS4, and an R33 GTS or GTS25. Neither of which could remotely compare to the GTR in overall performance.
Getting back to your quote on "famous among drifters" for a moment, neither of the cars you've mentioned are famous for that. Seems pretty logical if you were involved or have even watched drifting the AE86 Toyota and Nissan Silvia are the two most popular drift cars due to balance vs power vs torque. The rotary due to its lack of torque and responce isn't normally considered a drift car. On the Wangan from the video clips I've seen it would seem logical that the Supra would be more favoured than the RX7 any day.
Speaking of which getting 900hp out of 13B RX7 even the Series 6 and 7 is a major feat. Due to the car's weight, the RX7 Bat, even 650hp would seem quite a bit more than it really is. One has to only look as far as the JGTC GT500 class to make good examples out of. How many RX7s are there in that class? Gee I can't think of one actually. They race in the GT300 class and last count there was only one. Now if the handling was so good from the factory they would be quite easy to improve upon that platform even more. Again this would seem logical, yet for some odd reason not a single team uses the RX7. Could that be due to something called reliability and driveability? I think so. In that respect lets address this hp claim you are making. If you are familar with the rotary and how it works, you would also know the biggest pitfall in them and that is the apex seals. Something Mazda didn't fix until the recent release of the RX8. It's not the seals themselves but the ports that cause the seals to fail, but you knew that didn't you. I mean there you are in the land of the rising sun with a virtue and wealth of information at your finger tips.

Getting 1,100hp out of an RB26 isn't all that difficult. It takes nothing more than throwing enough money at it, and having a tuner make it. What is suprising is with that sort of power, anyone would choose to thrash it up some motorway. Given the life span of the motor is measured in time not milage once you are basiclly at or around the 1000hp mark. To give you an example when Top Secret came down to New Zealand with their R34 GTR and Supra, they ruined 3 motors in the span of 3 days in the GTR. Yet the supra which has a mildly tuned 700hp Rb26 in it will happily run over 320kmh yet can do so time and time again.

Mate after reading what you've just posted on these forums here, I've come to the healthy conclusion that you haven't got a clue, and really should do some research before spouting off. Someone is likely to catch you out that honestly knows. While I can't truely comment on the Wangan, don't think for a moment you will get anything past me on the Skyline and quite a few other cars.

My suggestion to you then is if you are so dead against them, post somewhere else. That's pretty simple isn't. Why come into an area where people who enjoy or an enthusiast of a particular model or make of car and post anything negative unless you are looking to stir trouble, but hey at the end of the day give it your best shot. I'm game if you are.

A thought , just a thought.
 
Originally posted by Shadow Drifter
Yes they are, aren't they?
No man i love skylines :lol: I meant the damage on the car.

Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
anyone that intentionally damages a skyline should be shot!, no excuse
Hey you can probably shoot him with the gun in your avatar:lol: J/K.
 
Originally posted by RazorGTR
Right about here is where anyone who knows these cars knows you're really full of it aye. From what you are trying describe and in fact what the GTR is, isn't even in the same time zone persay.

They don't handle like a 4wd car "should" and certainly don't drive nor behave anything like a luxury car. Even my 12 year old R32 GTR with its rather worn out suspension!
So what brought you that conclusion? Oh wait I know, I serious doubt you've even been in a GTR. On a side note the R32 GST-t and GTS4 would out handle, out accelerate and out maneuver your "Lincoln" and the GTR half again better on handling and twice on. . . . . yadda yadda yadda


What we have here is a clear case of someone so horribly in love with a car that they do NOT realize what the heck they are saying. If you knew wtf you were talking about you would know that I have had my full of fun in Okinawa Japan and have toured in mainland. It's what Marines do, we travel.

It's funny because after you mentioned the Gran Turismo thing (good one by the way, that made me laugh pretty hard) I stopped reading. I'm not like you're average 15 year old on this thread that likes Skylines or dislikes Skylines. I have an opinion about them that will not be changed.

YES! I have been in a Skyline GT-R and YES! I still think that they AREN'T worth the hype that they are given.

Not once did I take a shot at anyone in particular on this thread and for you to take hits at me is totally unreasonable and unfair.

NO! I will not leave because YES! this is a NISSAN thread not the SKYLINE thread. If you want it to be totally devoted to that slush box known as the Skyline, then have one of the mods change it to the Skyine Pics Thread.

I'm not taking anyshots at you here either, because I'm above that. You're opinions are your opinions, and my opinions are mine. Neither of us will change our opinions for anyone.
I DO like the styling of the Skyline, but to me, that's all it has going for it besides the engine.

Once again, I'm sorry if I have offended anyone by stating the fact that I do not like the Skyline, if it's any consolation there are a LOT of cars that I do not like. But I don't think it's grounds for you to TRY to dig into me like that. It won't work, I've undergone worse than someone whose umpteen thousand miles away trying to be an internet tough guy. I've had six screaming DI's chewing into me at once, so I can take a talking to, and in essence that's all you've done, is convey your opinion about me and my views. You haven't changed anything nor have you impacted anyones life.

So I'll be the big man here and call this arguement/discussion closed. The Skyline is a good car, just not to me. I prefer the Silvia and 180 to the Skyline anyday. And if, by anychance, I DO want AWD, I'll buy an EVO or STI.


Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter
 
Ahhhhhhhhh our beloved Marines. Yes I do know what the Marines are all about. I'm a US citizen also so don't let the country in which I currently reside in full you.

Lets talk about over rated. Nissan's little fun toy the 180 and 200sx, or for my fellow brothern in the States the 240. Good balanced car the SR20 is a decent motor not overly strong but adiquite enough to push the car it was intended on around. Basiclly a drift car or daily shopping trolly. I've not bashed these before but since you seem to love them why not. You're obvious choice is based on oh lets see, can't think of but to each their own.

WRX or EVO? Bwwwhahahahaha talk about over rated! Understeering, shoter legs than a midget and old technology other than the ecu. Nothing more than a street version of a rally car and is better suited for off road than on road, actually better suited as a paper weight really. I like to refer to them as yuppy toys. You know, the type of owner who likes to "Try and look cool". Sort of like owning a civilian version of the Hummer. There are so many of these shoe boxes running around here it nearly makes me want to vommit. Although if I do feel the urge I'll make sure I find some 180 or 200sx to do that in.

I've not always like the Skyline and until I came to New Zealand didn't even knew they existed. I've always owned and been a fan the mountain motored V8's, not the ***** under 500cid ones. Nothing sounds better than the roar of a V8 in full song, not even a Skyline.

Oh and bud. I've probably forgotten more about these cars than you'll ever know. :D
 
For the record no I don't think the Skyline nor the GTR is the be all end all car. However when some someone who owns and or drives a lessor car feels compelled to bash it, I will jump on them.

My suggestion to you before this gets really ugly is yea drop it. Stop applogising for offending people and post postive instead of this sort of crap.
 
(Hm... I think the skyline is also an ugly ************) Here's a nissan pic..

[Note the fella above has annoyed me by ripping on the Sti and Evo.. BOTH OF WHICH I HAVE OWNED!! I could spank a gtr with my evo, shadow, you know it too. Also that yuppy crack was uncalled for, sounds like you drive a 'lessor' car..]
 

Attachments

  • kuroshoppe.jpg
    kuroshoppe.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 96
Originally posted by Seito4Counter
(Hm... I think the skyline is also an ugly ************) Here's a nissan pic..

[Note the fella above has annoyed me by ripping on the Sti and Evo.. BOTH OF WHICH I HAVE OWNED!! I could spank a gtr with my evo, shadow, you know it too. Also that yuppy crack was uncalled for, sounds like you drive a 'lessor' car..]


Well Seito, you know I love being the KING of Controversy, but unfortunately, it will have to wait as I am off to bed. Early start to a long day. At least it's friday. I swear, training in the field for 45 straight days sucks. But, it's all over in May.


I HATE THE FIELD, but LOVE THE MARINE CORPS!


anyway, Dan, I'll holla at ya'll later.


Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter
 
Originally posted by Seito4Counter
(Hm... I think the skyline is also an ugly ************) Here's a nissan pic..

[Note the fella above has annoyed me by ripping on the Sti and Evo.. BOTH OF WHICH I HAVE OWNED!! I could spank a gtr with my evo, shadow, you know it too. Also that yuppy crack was uncalled for, sounds like you drive a 'lessor' car..]

Another typical boy. Well when you boys wish to be enlightened let me know.

As far as the EVO and Subbie well I've personally beaten every subaru I've raced, at the drags and open road. I've lost to one EVO, who had done {turbo, injectors, cams, front mount, ecu, pod, exhaust, fuel pump, and stripped the interior} and lost by .5 of a second with my nearly standard R32 GTR. I've never been over taken or beaten on the open road by either.

Mod for mod neither are quicker, top end faster, road, circuit, or drags than the GTR any model.

However in saying that there is nothing quicker than the Top fuel cars {V8 powered}, nothing quicker than the V10 n/a F1 cars on a circuit.

Getting back to reputation, lets see. The R32, R33, and R34 all held records at the Nurgbering(spelling?) circuit. I don't recall and EVO, Subaru, or any other Japanese manufactured production car doing that. The arrival of the GTR also seen rules changes in the JGTC both GT500 and GT300, and Australian Touring Car series. The herritage speaks for itself. It's accomplishments so far are unrivaled in the feats it did for 12 years of production. It doesn't matter that I own one, I would and still do say the same thing, and the same for the Corvette, GT40, Shelby Cobra's. I've owned a 1972 Stingray and loved the car, still do. All have their place in history to present in the motoring world. The mistique of these cars still to this day carry on. There are die hard fans of those cars to, and I suppose because you may not think they are all that it is easy to dispute or trash them. I don't normally get into car bashing as I've said before. I'm a performance car enthusiast and have been for over 20 years.
Unlike the narrow minds that seem to roam today, the true enthusiast looks past personal opinion and recognizes cars for what they are or the particular models achievements instead of looking for an opening to bash or trash talk them.
 
Shadow, why don't you just tell us why you hate GTRs so much instead of making us ask your brother? So far I haven't heard a valid point for your hatred.

Seito, what have you done to your evo? care to provide dyno charts and timeslips? Razor GTR has the dyno charts and even a video to show what his R32 can do, I'm interested to see how your evo will stack up.
 
Here are some pictures I got at a Audi/Porsche dealership (weird).
 

Attachments

  • picture-225.jpg
    picture-225.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 78
Another.
 

Attachments

  • picture-226.jpg
    picture-226.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 77
And another.
 

Attachments

  • picture-227.jpg
    picture-227.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 80
Back