The non-muscle American car thread (READ THE OP)

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 1,522 comments

In your opinion, which country makes the best looking cars?

• Total voters
D27EA8B5-0048-4EE2-9824-6E6BEDEF1547.jpeg

2FB4FA90-160B-43A8-82D9-12D0B1AD37E5.jpeg

If you're an AMC fan, then you're probably aware of the Big Bad colors available on the Javelin and AMX starting in 1970: Big Bad Green, Big Bad Blue, and Big Bad Orange. Almost completely forgotten is that AMC tested those colors with a small run of Rebels in 1969. Calling those colors "Electric Green", "Tangerine", and "Blue--You Never Knew", just 300 total Rebel Raiders were made. They got AMC's 290 V8 and an automatic. The Raiders were only sold in New York and New Jersey, in conjunction with the New York International Auto Show. There was even a drive-out of 75 Raiders the night before the show opened, just to get the newspapers and radio talking about them. I have no idea how many of those 300 cars still exist, but getting a complete set of three seems like a long shot at this point.

1969 AMC Rebel Raider in Electric Green

1969 AMC Rebel Raider in Blue--You Never Knew

1969 AMC Rebel Raider in Tangerine

Last edited:
This is the perfect sport truck!
I was very keen to buy one some years back...probably close to fifteen, I'd say. It was a Summit White '93 with a blue interior (or grey?), fairly low miles and 17" Impala SS wheels (though the original set of 15s with tires was available to go with it). It was a bit more than I was prepared to spend at a time when I didn't actually need a truck and having only two seats wasn't ideal.

Last edited:
Back