The Oil My Gears Thread

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 3,065 comments
shmogt
Lol yes people you guessed it. The exact opposite of the grinds my gears thread is here. Here is a place to share all the awesome things that happen. Think of it like a little zen garden where only good things are said.

My example is ice cream. I never eat ice cream since I like being in shape, but oh man I love it so much. Every time I do happen to eat it, it's just as good as I could ever hope for.

Uncharted 2, really gets the stress of the day out. Also girls that actually want to talk to me when I flirt with them.

Beating people in video games.....

Getting more and more favourites on DeviantART, and consequentially, getting praised for my work.

Winning, in other words.

It was cloudy (rare in the desert) and nice and cool out today. Love that kind of weather. :)

Surviving a 2 hour drive to and back from my brother's house without being whammed. 👍

Sunny weather, bright clear blue skies, luscious green grass and a small breeze roughly 18-23 degrees celsius. Always in a good mood on these days.

Anonimity often makes people act like complete morons. Just look at youtube comments. No regard for other people everyone's mean and stupid.

However there come times when some people on the internet are incredily nice. People that aren't afraid to admit mistakes. People that can be real friends.

That oils my gears.

Apokalipse
Anonimity often makes people act like complete morons. Just look at youtube comments. No regard for other people everyone's mean and stupid.

However there come times when some people on the internet are incredily nice. People that aren't afraid to admit mistakes. People that can be real friends.

That oils my gears.

I totally agree. When people do nice things on the Internet it makes it so much more special because they have no idea who I am, but still take effort out of their day to help. This one guy on YouTube I have never seen any of his vids before and came across them one day and posted a question comment. Not only did he respond fairly quick, but later inboxed me more info and a old video he made that would help me even more. All he saw was a screen name and could of ignored it, but instead put more effort than even I expected to help me. Obviously had to subscribe after that.

I have a feeling, just a hunch, you know, that this thread might not quite make it very far.

I suppose I could chime in and say that my gears are oiled when I get drunk but wake up without a hangover.

shem
I have a feeling, just a hunch, you know, that this thread might not quite make it very far.

I agree. Nobody wants to hear about good things, we just want bad things to make ourselves feel better about our day.

shem

I suppose I could chime in and say that my gears are oiled when I get drunk but wake up without a hangover.

Get out of here with that negative attitude! Positive only. There is too much emphasis on all the negatives in life. We need at least one dedicated to the good times.

^True.

Sleeping, eating, ......, crusing around in cars. That oils my gears.

And weekends!

What really oils my gears after a long day of work and all the non-sense that comes with it is going for a pedal on my bmx, just riding around town at my own leisure, not having a care in the world for anything else 👍

"There is too much emphasis on all the negatives in life. We need at least one dedicated to the good times"

That is exactly what this place needs, a awesome attitude like that 👍

I'll be sure to come here often and post positive thoughts, life ain't all bad :D

My wife and kids... and finding a tenner in a jacket... and Chateauneuf-du-Pape... and Islay Whiskey... and the sound of an Alfa V6... fruits de mer

...a really good dump. :dopey:

When the roads are clear (after 11pm, before 7am, middle of the day to a lesser extent). Driving Nirvana! Occasionally I might drive from A to B without coming across a moron to ruin the journey, but it is rare. Apparently I have road rage passed down from my Dad, but I just like to shout at idiots with a steering wheel?

I'm happy - it's Friday, and the weather was warm enough to allow for windows-down driving on my commute. 👍 Well, warm enough relative to this time of year! All the same, it's sunny and warm and I just need to hand my last paper in. This makes me happy.

Thanksgiving. I get to listen to good music, eat tons of food, be a bum, and I get a 5-day weekend from school!

Getting out of school at 11 and subsequently enjoying a really long weekend with everything I need...

...GT5, Coke 'n crisps, heck yeah!

Back