The old and new Imprezas

  • Thread starter Thread starter ImprezaAddict
  • 56 comments
  • 1,869 views
...I think I'd rather have an Alfa than a Subie... Espically if were bringing in the 156 or Bera Coupe...
 
the alfa GTA models are nice but reliability and electronic problems and the quality of build is poor.
 
Poverty
the alfa GTA models are nice but reliability and electronic problems and the quality of build is poor.
I'm thinking along that line too. Alfa Romeo comes out with some of the most beautiful cars in the world, but I could never own one, because I don't like dealing with reliability issues(i.e. can't afford to fix it :p). Subarus on the other hand, they are rated very high in quality and reliability in the States.
 
...Alfa is supposed to come 'Stateside in late 2007 with 2008 models... Thats the word atleast. I think the 159 and Bera are going to be the launch models, but they havent said anything about the smaller cars as of yet... Most likely the Alfas are to be sold at Maserati dealers, but considering how few there are, good luck seeing Alfas that often...

...I'm waiting for the Vauxhalls to come in through Saturn dealers... That should be cool.
 
LOL vauxhalls/opels are budget vehicles, cars that us europeans wouldnt give a second look unless its the new astra vxr. But going by your prices you guys will probably only have to pay half of what we do for them making them extremly good value. If that happens I can see a rebellion happening in europe however.

Anyhow subaru is big in the UK with their imprezas but since the release of the bug eye versions that seems to have dwindled and the interest shifted on to the Evo's especially since they are alot more powerful overhere for similiar price.
 
I was really, really close to buying an Alfa 33 a few months back. Then I realised how insane I was....

Anyway...I think the Club Spec Evo 4 (MY2000) is the best looking WRX ever.
club_spec_evo4_impreza_wrx3.jpg


Out of the '05 and '06. I think if I brought one, I'd buy the 06. However, I think it's odd look would get to me, and I'd be laughed at by too many pre-'05 drivers going by. So the '05 for me.
 
I like Alfa styling, but not on the impreza.
 
Casio
I
Anyway...I think the Club Spec Evo 4 (MY2000) is the best looking WRX ever.

I prefer the two door STi, but thats still nice. (I see a few around in that yellow actually)
 
One of the cars to save GM's Ass in 2006:

The Saturn Aura (aka Vauxhall/Opel Astra)
1.jpg

saturn_aura_rear_corner.JPG

X05CC_ST001.jpg


I like the looks, and when equipped with the 3.6L VVT V6, it should be a nice car for about $30K USD. Saturn is trying to be both economical with the Ion (which sucks compared to the Chevy Cobalt) and Vue (one of the best SUV's in GM's lineup) but go upsacle with the Sky (see VX220/Speedster replacement) and Aura.
 
The GC8 is still the best, especially the 22B.

The '05 also looks better than the '06, but both look a lot better than the bug-eyed one.

When are they going to come out with a new WRX that is actually a new WRX? This is another GDB, isn't it?
 
I'm a bugeye freak, and only partly because I own one! I still think that the front end flows better with the rest of the design than the later models do. Cooler bumpers and taillights, too.

New body style (GE?) is slated for 08 or 09, IIRC.
 
Jon.
I much prefer the '05 shape to the new one. It's alright, i mean i don't hate it (although i did at first), but i'd still take an '05 over it.

(I'm an impreza nut too :D)

I agree. I hated the new one at first, but I like it alright now after seeing one in person (WRX...). The 2005 is also my favorite, but I'd take a new one over it.
 
The '06 design looks great on WRX's & STi's.
But on the Outback wagons...ewwww...
 
The best ever looking Scooby in my opinion is the P1

p1.jpg
 
ED209
The best ever looking Scooby in my opinion is the P1

No argument here... I've been saying that for years...

Beautiful...





;)
 
I like the old one and I like the new one. The new face lift isn't that bad.
 
I'll go on record saying I do not like the new grill/headlight treatments of the "new" Subaru styling... It's supposed to resemble the front silouette of an airplane, since that's where Subaru got it's start... Which to me, seems like a useless gimick, if it doesn't look good... Which in my eyes, it doesn't...

Suburu had the right idea when they listenned to the public and changed the nose of the love it or hate it "bug-eye" version, to a more user friendly look... Then they went and made an even more controversial look with the new version... However, looking at some of the Scooby forums, I see most everyone is saying the same thing... Therefore, I think Subaru may make an update similar to what they did with the "bug-eye" version...





;)
 
Aww I was sooooo disapointed in the new impreza,the B9tribeca look is horrible.But the one at the top of the thread is nice,But not close to the old:tup:
 
ED209
The best ever looking Scooby in my opinion is the P1
I would agree if the 22b didn't exist.
22buk1.jpg

The P2 is better looking but that's only based on an Impreza, and the Feroce is madder looking, but not better looking. The Electra One is simply a river's (river????:odd:, I meant ricer's) wet dream.
imprezaconcept_1.jpg
 
Aww, the B9 Tibeca isnt THAT bad... the front end is somewhat ugly, but the rest of the crossover is pretty attractive when compared to the CRV, RAV4, and the Sante Fe.
 
Delphic Reason
I'll go on record saying I do not like the new grill/headlight treatments of the "new" Subaru styling... It's supposed to resemble the front silouette of an airplane, since that's where Subaru got it's start... Which to me, seems like a useless gimick, if it doesn't look good... Which in my eyes, it doesn't...

Suburu had the right idea when they listenned to the public and changed the nose of the love it or hate it "bug-eye" version, to a more user friendly look... Then they went and made an even more controversial look with the new version... However, looking at some of the Scooby forums, I see most everyone is saying the same thing... Therefore, I think Subaru may make an update similar to what they did with the "bug-eye" version...

That's EXACTLY what was I thinking, I don't really love the new face either, it doesn't look like an airplane and even if it did, it looks......different :crazy: I kinda liked the bug eyed one, the '04-05 (i think) anyway, but this one, allthough it looks more polished and sleeker, it just doesn't make it special enough :grumpy:
 
YSSMAN
Aww, the B9 Tibeca isnt THAT bad... the front end is somewhat ugly, but the rest of the crossover is pretty attractive when compared to the CRV, RAV4, and the Sante Fe.

Agreed,the side of the car is actualy quite nice,and Ive seen them in real life and thought so.But the front just ruins the car,it could have been alot better.
 
Yeah big fan of Subaru but don't really like the new look. But then I think it can grow on ya as the Scooby on the first page looks awesome with that bodykit 👍
 
Subaru got the design right on the new Legacy, but the whole notion of the aeroplane inspiried design has not translated well to the Impreza and B9 Tribeca.
The origional concept looked good on the B11S and B9 Scrambler, but is should have sayed just that, a CONCEPT!

B9 Scrambler= GOOD!
subaru_b9_scrambler.jpg

B11S= BEST!
story8507-picture9117-L.jpg
 
I still think that little roadster's cool, but after seeing the consumer's reaction to Tribeca(another one I liked), DON'T DO IT, SUBARU!
 
Back