The One Hour Mazda Roadster Enduro - April 6th - 9:30PM GMT / 4:30PM EST ~~~ Full again! ~~~Finished 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 199 comments
@doodlemonoply That's flattering, haha. :embarrassed: I wouldn't say that's true though. I'm not an alien, merely very good in some instances. I highly doubt I could ever match that time, especially with that specific car you used.

the checkered flag stripes are off one of the 1.8 980kgs models I believe, I can't remember which one but I remember it has chrome wing-mirrors for some reason :boggled:.

Going to have a room open in about half an hour if anyones about by the way.

Room open for practice: 1472-6681-3115-0603-9671

should be open for a while, might be AFK from time to time.

edit: done practising, stuck in the 2:36's with a few 2:35.9s. Can't find any more pace I fear.
(I'm using the '89, it just handles better than the others for me.)

Pace is remarkably similar even as the fuel burns off; at half-tank I was still running similar times to a full tank. :/

Last edited:
Room open for practice: 1472-6681-3115-0603-9671

should be open for a while, might be AFK from time to time.

edit: done practising, stuck in the 2:36's with a few 2:35.9s. Can't find any more pace I fear.
(I'm using the '89, it just handles better than the others for me.)

Pace is remarkably similar even as the fuel burns off; at half-tank I was still running similar times to a full tank. :/

Would have popped in if I was around! Pace is roughly similar to me. Most people seem to get better lap times in the 1.6 (including me!).

Been running offline tonight to try and compare myself to my ghost and improve my lines... I feel like I am quicker, maybe by about 1.0 - 1.5secs, which should bring me closer to the 2:36 ish mark! I'm not paying an notice to my offline time as it will be different when online.

Will see if this improvement carries across to online tomorrow night. I'm still running in the 1.8 btw.

Do I have to arrive an hour earlier than usual because the US and Europe are on Daylight Savings? (I'm in Australia)

Or are we using GMT in its respective manner? (US and Europe arrive an hour earlier)

Last edited:
Do I have to arrive an hour earlier than usual because the US and Europe are on Daylight Savings? (I'm in Australia)

Or are we using GMT in its respective manner? (US and Europe arrive an hour earlier)

Yeah we are, I presume this means you should make your calculations from BST. Sorry about all this confusion - it seems like this race has come on the most confusing week of time changes :boggled:.

Alas, due to circumstances I cannot make the grid. :( I wish you all an excellent race. Apologies for the last-minute cancellation, I was rather looking forward to this, but Real Life has seen fit to intervene.

Alas, due to circumstances I cannot make the grid. :( I wish you all an excellent race. Apologies for the last-minute cancellation, I was rather looking forward to this, but Real Life has seen fit to intervene.

No problem, catch you about soon I'm sure đź‘Ť.

I wasn't sure cause I looked at the 2nd post and was still 16/16.

GTP-m8h3r
PSN-m8h3r

I'll get some testing in, any recommended car for someone new to a wheel but an old hand at racing?

I think the 1.6 is more composed for the corners, but a little underpowered for the straights/hills. So maybe, if you have a learning curve to go though on the wheel, this may help.
Aside from that I think they are All pretty close, which of course is the idea đź‘Ť

Welcome aboard. Its just gone 5:35pm in the UK so a little under 4 hrs to go.

A few of us (3) had a impromptu race last night which was very good fun, really looking forward to this.

Laters

I wasn't sure cause I looked at the 2nd post and was still 16/16.

GTP-m8h3r
PSN-m8h3r

I'll get some testing in, any recommended car for someone new to a wheel but an old hand at racing?

There sure is (sorry I didn't edit the place out) - I'll drop you an add on PSN now. Most people seem to find the 1.6 a little tamer and the weight advantage gives it a little bonus in all around traction, the 1.8's obviously have the straight line advantage. Most people seem to be getting better times with the 1.6 but there really isn't a lot between them, so try both and see what you prefer!
I second that .
I hope I don't fall asleep,because the race starts about midnight in my silly time zone :lol:

Midnight! Dedication there King!, I'll drop a post at 7:30 PM here on the thread tagging everyone - Can't be there to throw a glass of water in your face though sorry :D.

Back