The One Hour Mazda Roadster Enduro - April 6th - 9:30PM GMT / 4:30PM EST ~~~ Full again! ~~~Finished 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 199 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
MC-Chase
roadster_enduro.png

Welcome to The One Hour Mazda Roadster Enduro!

This is an hour long race at the Grand Valley Speedway circuit featuring various models of the mark 1 Mazda Roadster. The choice of cars and tires aims to provide accessibility for all skill levels while maintaining advanced players to exercise a high level of finesse to extract the best lap times. To further aid accessibility vehicle modification is prohibited, with the purpose of reducing time required to work on an ideal set-up before the race commences. This race is open to any and all who enjoy good spirited competition and exercise clean, respectful etiquette while on the track; the emphasis for this race is focused on fun from good competition regardless of a player's outright pace.

Room settings

The room will be opened at 9PM GMT on April 6th allowing for thirty minutes of free practice before qualifying commences, it is recommended to join the room in good time for qualifying to allow for any potential technical issues. The room settings will be as follows;

· All driving aids other than ABS to be set to off – front runners are encouraged to turn ABS off completely

· Grip set to real

· Slipstream strength set to real

· NOS prohibited

· Comfort hard tires only

· Tire/fuel degradation set to fast

· Damage set to weak

· Visual damage set to off

· Penalties set to off

· Weather/time irrelevant as it is fixed at Grand Valley Speedway

· Laps set to 22

· 1 pit stop mandatory

Qualifying will be fifteen minutes in length with an ‘open’ session allowing late arrivals to be included.

Car settings

The selection of cars available has been chosen to provide visual variety by unique racing stripes bespoke to each model while providing the same level of performance; players are encouraged to choose their own favourite wheel and paint choice, re-painting the car exposes the racing stripes. The list of eligible cars is as follows;

128bhp at 980kgs – 362PP

· MX-5 V-Special Type II (NA, J) ’93

· MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) ‘93

· MX-5 VR-Limited (NA, J) ‘95

· MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA, J) ‘95

· MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) ‘93

· MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) ‘93

· MX-5 SR-Limited (NA, J) ‘97

· MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) ‘97

· Eunos Roadster V-Special Type II (NA) ‘93

Feel like a bit of a challenge? How about take a 10 or 20kgs weight penalty and take one of the following cars also eligible for extra kudos.

128bhp at 990/1000kgs – 361PP

· Eunos Roadster VR-Limited (NA) ‘95

· Eunos Roadster J-Limited II (NA) ‘93

· MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA, J) ‘95

· MX-5 Miata S-Special type I (NA, J) ‘95

· Eunos Roadster S-Special Type I (NA) ‘95

· Eunos Roadster SR-Limited (NA) ‘93

Feel like even MORE of a challenge? One version of the 1.6 litre version of the Roadster is also eligible.

118bhp at 940kgs – 358PP

· Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) ‘89

Vehicle set-up is strictly prohibited with only brake balance adjustment allowed to be altered. An oil change is also permitted along with the player’s choice of wheels and paint.

Rules for racing

The likelihood is if you're reading this forum and are interested in joining for a fun spot race then you are a competent and fair individual when it comes to online play. I don't like spelling out the obvious as events I have organised have only attracted great competition that certainly don't need a list of common sense rules thrown in their face in order to play well. That being said, in order to provide a guideline to anyone who may be new;

· Contact is generally discouraged, contested battles can sometimes result in some light scraping, and that is fine.

· Accidents happen to all of us, if you make a mistake that affects another player be courteous and allow them to regain their position.

· Care should be taken to keep two wheels on track at all times, kerb counts as track, concrete does NOT.

· Blocking is not permitted.

Mistakes do happen to all of us, and I’m certainly not here to penalise people for making the occasional accidental slip-up, however, if you drive in a manner that is frowned upon by a significant amount of the field you will not be invited to join in any future events.

Signing-up

Sound like your kind of race? Drop a post on the thread stating you want to be involved! Hope to catch everyone there :cheers:,

Chase.

(Graphics courtesy of @BrandonW77)

Last edited:
Sign-ups

1) MC-Chase
2) Brutaka
3) MatheusBond
4) Doodlemonoply
5) Brandon W77
6) Torzilla
7) Hobbsy
8) Rosckolove
9) Cu3e
10) Nurburgring
11) m8h3r
12) Jonnio
13) AboveMeIsCool
14) KingKlingeling
15) LongbowX
16) SpeedyMcQueen

Last edited:
Results

1) Doodlemonoply
2) KingKlingeling
3) BrandonW77
4) Bergele
5) MC-Chase
6) Nemesis-Reaper
7) DJJonnio
8) SpeedyMcQueen
9) Matheus-007
10) Brutaka_GT
11) Torzilla
12) M8h3r
13) PersonAbove-Nice
14) LongbowX (disconnect late race)

(Video courtesy of PersonAbove-Nice)

Last edited:
Comfort hards!? Is this some drift event or what? It should be at least CM or CS because that's what they come with stock.

Comfort hards!? Is this some drift event or what? It should be at least CM or CS because that's what they come with stock.

With roughly 135hp comfort hards are entirely manageable, softer compounds would result in a "whoever can slipstream who" event which is not what I am after.

You've never raced with Chase before, Ameer? This is some barebones stuff we're talking about, raw driving skill and thing.

I thought the same but they are actually quite stable but slidy too 👍
That's good I guess.
With roughly 135hp comfort hards are entirely manageable, softer compounds would result in a "whoever can slipstream who" event which is not what I am after.
Well true, it only has 135 horses. So it's not a drift fest then.
You've never raced with Chase before, Ameer? This is some barebones stuff we're talking about, raw driving skill and thing.

Nope. Never driven with Chase.

Anyways, I might be able to participate in this.

I'm really getting into driving stock cars around lately so I'm am really interested in this. I don't expect to be the fastest guy but I'll be far from the slowest, however I will not be racing without ABS. I find it more unrealistic due to the fact that there is no seat of the pants feel or anything of the sort. I have zero fun driving without ABS. Anyway I'll test some cars out and let you know which I choose. Nice event btw :)

I'm really getting into driving stock cars around lately so I'm am really interested in this. I don't expect to be the fastest guy but I'll be far from the slowest, however I will not be racing without ABS. I find it more unrealistic due to the fact that there is no seat of the pants feel or anything of the sort. I have zero fun driving without ABS. Anyway I'll test some cars out and let you know which I choose. Nice event btw :)

Absolutely, it's encouraged - not mandatory, you make the choice. Hope to catch you there 👍.

Back