The Order 1886PS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 97 comments
I'd bet by the end of the year it'll be a plus game.
Short game but it really does show the PS4 power and the gameplay is pretty enjoyable, the story isn't bad as the reviewers say, it's actually pretty good.
Share play does not play games in the native resolution I think? Playing The Order 1886 in 720p is a sin!
Beat the game in around 7 hours and I say it's a very enjoyable game, the most suitable price would be $40 but I don't regret my purchase at all, great game.

I would give it a 8/10 and if the game was longer and took around 12-14hrs then it would probably be a 8.5 or a 9 out of 10 from me.

Short game but it really does show the PS4 power and the gameplay is pretty enjoyable, the story isn't bad as the reviewers say, it's actually pretty good.
Share play does not play games in the native resolution I think? Playing The Order 1886 in 720p is a sin!
Beat the game in around 7 hours and I say it's a very enjoyable game, the most suitable price would be $40 but I don't regret my purchase at all, great game.

I would give it a 8/10 and if the game was longer and took around 12-14hrs then it would probably be a 8.5 or a 9 out of 10 from me.

Was going to ask you how did you find it, thanks for the write up.

Also meant game share not share play, which is something sadly big here in Egypt (people exploit that you can share a game purchased and sell their accounts for profit).

Went for it...
B-Skeu8IgAAnC_K.jpg

I've heard its a 5 hour game. I'm sorry but for £50 I expect at least 15 hours worth of gameplay. If it's £15 i may buy it

Our copy hasn't shown up yet...which means I won't really get the chance to play it until Tuesday now.
That's a shame! so far I have done the prologue and first chapter. It's very much Uncharted but just a little too contrived and passive with a slightly more clunky shooting engine. That being said I am enjoying it so far. I would say it's a must to play it on hard and turn auto-aim off. The game plays itself enough! :lol:

From those of you playing, what would you say is the ratio of cutscene to gameplay? I have watched a few moments here and there of some gameplay and it seems to be about 60/40 split, 60 being gameplay?

And does it have a Gears of War feel to the mechanics? First thing I thought when seeing the player go to cover?

The collecters edition statue is nice very detailed I dont know what the 100 doller collector edition was like though that one has a different statue

Last edited:
So far likng the game so far not into the gore. The cursing feels pushed and not natural.cutscence progress into action seemlessly.I hope there is more story dlc. Love using the thermite canon

I like the game as well but it seems like a 60% was the right score. 5 chapters in and the game feels like one step forward, 2 steps back.

This game is awesome. I'm at chapter 11 now but I've enjoyed every minute so far. While I'm sure I'll wish the game were longer when I finish it, that's just a sign that the game was very good. For all of the critics, I would say this game is like a very enjoyable action movie, sure it's not going to win any major awards and go down in history as a classic but it can still be a very enjoyable experience that had you glued to your seat until the end, that's what this game is to me.

I haven't even played it yet and the atmosphere has stayed with me all last night at work from the bits I saw when my wife was playing through it. Pretty immersive I think.

I haven't even played it yet and the atmosphere has stayed with me all last night at work from the bits I saw when my wife was playing through it. Pretty immersive I think.

It has been for me, its one of those games you don't want to stop playing and then its over. Just started Chapter 14, I think there's 16 total I read online somewhere. I'm sure I'll finish it today which might seem short considering I just got it Friday but to be quite honest, its no shorter than any of the Call of Duty or Battlefield single player campaigns so that's about what you can expect. A fun ride until the end.

So, I completed The Order 1886 and I need to say that I enjoyed it.

I recommend it to absolutely nobody right now however.

I played through it on Hard and I just feel like it made no difference at all, I really enjoy games with gunplay like The Order so that makes that part my favorite about the whole game. Story was good too and I was okay with the graphics, black bars are things that just totally take me out of the experience though so there won't be any large praise from the graphics from me.

The Order 1886 was the kind of experience I enjoyed, everything felt very nicely done but it's so contrived in it's execution you can understand why it feels so high quality. Not taking a pop at R.A.D but I'm pretty sure most teams of developers could achieve what they have if they had such a narrow minded goal in regard to the actual 'game' part of this interactive movie.

The reason I said the above is because I wanted to emphasize that my enjoyment in The Order came when it a actually decided to let me play it, clearly a lot of effort went into the actual gun play(but not the variation of enemies) and I just feel like I've been a victim of fraud because there's honestly no reason to go back and play this game until the inevitable sequel is on the horizon. It's, in my opinion, a £50 over-priced robbery.

If someone were asking me if they should buy The Order right now I'd absolutely tell them to avoid it until inevitably it drops to £15 and below by mid June. There's no reason this game will stay high, and looking at eBay listings for used copies it's easy to see that this game is going to be worthless in value sadly. I got a voucher from GAME allowing me to get £35 trade-in back before the 2nd of March, I will be trying to get the platinum(which is also a total farce, ridiculously easy) to get my monies worth really. I'd say to anyone who owns a copy to complete it, sell it/trade it in and buy it back for your collection when it's very cheap, because it's an absolute certainty.

My personal rating for The Order would be 62% because I enjoyed the story and the gunplay was fun when I wasn't getting thrown unfailable QTEs left, right and center. But, if I was reviewing it, it would be more of a 55%.

I finished it and I would highly recommend it as long as you know what you're getting upfront.
So, you think it's worth full price then? If so, why? Just curious to hear from somebody else who completed it.

I'd say it's roughly:

25% Unfailable Time Events
30% Quick Time Events
55% Gameplay

In terms of 'inter-activeness.

For QTEs to cutscenes:
65% Cutscenes
35% QTEs

It's more like
Gameplay 62%
QTE 8%
Cutscenes 30%

Having beaten the game almost 2 times now, I can say that as you progress through the game the amount of QTEs does decrease, the prologue chapter was pure QTE.

So, you think it's worth full price then? If so, why? Just curious to hear from somebody else who completed it.

It was to me, but everyone has a different opinion of value. $60 wasn't that much for a weekend of entertainment that I can play again anytime I want. A PPV UFC event costs the same price and its only 3-4 hours of entertainment and millions of people buy that every few weeks.

It's more like
Gameplay 62%
QTE 8%
Cutscenes 30%

Having beaten the game almost 2 times now, I can say that as you progress through the game the amount of QTEs does decrease, the prologue chapter was pure QTE.

There's a few chapters in there that are very challenging. I played through on default medium but I died many times along the way but never wanted to quit; always wanted to see what was next so I kept pushing.

I was pissed about the price and the low replayability. 60€ for 7 hours of very static gameplay, meh.

But then I remembered that I almost payed 70€ to see this weekends match of my hoplessly last-placed football club, which they lost with an atrocious non-effort, so for those monies I would have gotten 90 minutes of freezing my behind off and shouting curses at those wussies in shorts.

In comparison, it aint that bad of a deal, so I might buy The Order once I finished Apotheon, OlliOlli and the Driveclub DLC packs coming this Wednesday... :D

...In comparison, it aint that bad of a deal, so I might buy The Order once I finished Apotheon, OlliOlli and the Driveclub DLC packs coming this Wednesday... :D
Perspective, I like that it appears to be returning 👍

Took me until now to get around to playing this game and find it a real shame that it got so little appreciation. I'm not sure if it was patched in later, but the photo mode filter-lock is a neat trick - set up your photo mode preference of filter and lens flare, plus probably a few other things and then enable the lock to continue playing the game with those visual parameters.

I'm really surprised that no one has said anything about that yet.
The Order_ 1886_20160208134437.png

Back