The Outer Worlds

• Thread starter andrea
  • 35 comments
I hope this is turns out to be good.

I also love that they showed that the creators of the original Fallout and the developers from New Vegas are both working on this in the trailer. 👍

Definitely on my watchlist for 2019. 👍 Really curious to see what they'll churn out alongside/after this now that they're owned by MS.

I'm glad Obsidian is going back to relatively big projects. New Vegas is one of my all time favorites western rpgs.

Last edited:
After The Campfire, by HG, this was my favorite trailer of the show. Unfortunately for me, it's an XB exclusive.

After The Campfire, by HG, this was my favorite trailer of the show. Unfortunately for me, it's an XB exclusive.

Not according to the Twitter link in the first post of this thread.

Not according to the Twitter link in the first post of this thread.

Oh, I didn't read the tweet. I thought it was an exclusive since MS bought the studio. Good that it isn't.

Reviews are looking good for this so far, I am looking forward to playing it Friday. Course there are lots of comparisons to Fallout, which is a good thing. I was a little worried about how the game would be otherwise, but the verdict seems to be that while it is similar to Fallout (in space), it still has a unique identify and feel to set it aside. The world is not open like you’d see in a Fallout game, it’s more like Mass Effect with smaller areas to explore. There also appears to be more freedom of choice in Outer Worlds.

Pre-load should be available today (Oct 23) for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

The reviews I've watched/read so far have been overwhelmingly positive, I think it bodes well. Definitive buy for me.

I have it preloaded, I get to play it for £1 using xbox play pass for pc and the first month special offer. I have kept my self in the dark as to what I'm getting (since the low investment to play) so looking forward to it.

I've been playing for a few hours now and I'm really enjoying this game. I can't believe I'm playing it for a whole dollar with game pass. :eek:

One issue that I am having is that the menus seem bugged on mouse and keyboard for some reason on 1920 x 1080, I've dropped it down one resolution and it works fine but I hope that it gets fixed soon.

Got done installing before coming to work, this is going to be a long day... :lol:

played a few hours and so far it's pretty good, reminds me a lot of fallout. Currently I'm having my first moral dilemma
Who should I take the power regulator from? I'm leaning towards the town and letting the deserters survive, But then on the other hand I just wanna get my ship fixed and I've already found where the power regulator is in the botanical camp

One minor nitpick is that the TTD trigger is on the right bumper like it was for VATS in New Vegas and FO3, I've grown so accustomed to it being on the left side in FO4 that I hit it by reflex and healed myself up for no reason several times already. :lol:

The subtitles are small and hard to read but apparently they're already aware of that and are looking into fixing it.

Played about an hour so far and it's legitimately good.

Does anyone else think weapon durability decreases way to fast? I used a revolver for a handful of engagements and it was down to around 50% durability. Does it get better at higher levels? I have weapon mods i would like to use but the repair cost seems a little high.

Does anyone else think weapon durability decreases way to fast? I used a revolver for a handful of engagements and it was down to around 50% durability. Does it get better at higher levels? I have weapon mods i would like to use but the repair cost seems a little high.
You can get a perk quite early that makes weapons more durable. I've found it to be pretty essential if you intend to do any kind of viable melee build.

It's also worth raising both science and engineering to 20 so you have access the Tinker and Repair skills. You can break down otherwise worthless weapons and armor for repair parts and, at least in the early stages, Tinkering to upgrade weapons and armor seems to be far more cost effective than buying new ones.

You can get a perk quite early that makes weapons more durable. I've found it to be pretty essential if you intend to do any kind of viable melee build.

Yeah I did get that perk (1st one I picked) 25% isn't a lot with the rate it goes down but better than nothing i guess. I'm putting most of my points into them skills and have unlocked the tinkering bit, I have put some points into dialogue too. When a guard asks you what you doing while stealing and you say "I will do what I want" and they just accept it, soo funny

Put in a good amount of time in this so far and I am pleasantly surprised how good it is, I am having a blast. While it isn’t the best looking game out there (it’s quite ugly at times, in fact, but at the same time there are some very good looking areas), I genuinely like the characters and quests. I get a Firefly vibe from the game as well as Mass Effect and obviously a little Fallout, even heard a Futurama reference dropped, but the game still has a unique feel to it and I do enjoy the game’s sense of humor.

Not much to complain about, but I do wish they added all quests to the map at once so you can see where things are, not just the active quests. I can also see the companion’s “special” attack animation getting a little annoying after a while. Also, not being able to remove a companion’s helmet is a little odd, but it can be turned off in the game settings while still being equipped.

Got finished with the main story today. I really enjoyed this game and I hope to see another one like this again soon. :)

I haven't touched it yet, but I'm assuming you can keep playing after the main story?

Apparently not.

There's people on Reddit that have finished the game in under 10 hours... meanwhile I've probably done like, 4 of the main quests and just been wandering around everywhere for the past week. :lol:

My total hours was near 11 hours but I didn't do a lot of the side quests. I've got a save I can go back to and do some though.

Back