The Photography Thread

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by CDailey, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

Wow, Spiff, those are fantastic. Whose car is it and what lens (or camera) did you use?

2. SpiffyDeezy

SpiffyDeezy (Banned)

It's my dad's

Nikon D80

18-155mm
    and 50mm1.8

3. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

This is a great shot Rue :tup: - when i first came across it in the DYSAGT thread i thought it was a Merc press shot, until i spotted the tax disks etc.

4. tait

tait Premium

Southern Ontario has been getting some pretty crazy storms. A few from inside looking out;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. exigeracer

exigeracer

Yeah it was tunderin' pretty wild last night but I was too tired to go out and get some nice shots of the CN Tower getting zapped. Next time I suppose.

Just one from yesterday.

[​IMG]

6. Venari

Venari Premium

Yeah, I agree.

Yeah, I mean, who'd buy a Bentley!

:D

Fantastic. That is some of awe.

7. exigeracer

exigeracer

Thanks Venar! Fly me over to shoot some of you company's cars? Pwetty pweeez?!?!

I totally dig this style of shots, but it's almost stepping on the toes of a UK photog named skiddo who gets these amazing dark and sinister work very similar to this.

[​IMG]

8. delobbo

delobbo

9. Speedster502

Speedster502 Premium

Whilst on the RAF's Photographic Section I have been using their DSLR's. Let me say now. I want one, especially with a long lens.

I'll post some pictures of a Tornado I took if I can get them onto a CD to bring home, and without infringing the Crown Copyright.

10. exigeracer

exigeracer

delobbo - the Porsche shot with the big yellow tag in the back is great. Best of the bunch :tup:

11. F1GTR

F1GTR Premium

12. tait

tait Premium

F1GTR that is some damn fine editing.

exige I always enjoy your car shots.

13. cardude2004

cardude2004

Nevermind, skip my post.

14. F1GTR

F1GTR Premium

Thanks tait! :)

Do you scan your film shots in or do you just takes pics of the developed photos with your D200? I'm going to pick up an old Nikon to mess around with this summer.

EDIT: Fixed the colours
    [​IMG]

15. Dougboy

Dougboy

shot in a makeshift studio

[​IMG]

16. Speedster502

Speedster502 Premium

As some of the Premium Members would have known that I have been on work experience for the past 2 weeks, the first week was a printing/design for magazines place called Mortons and the second was the RAF Photographic Section. This means I was unleashed to a DSLR, all be it a Nikon D2X with most of the time a long lens fitted especially for the shots of the Tornado. Basically here are some of my first ever shots with a DSLR, of course they should have been fixed in Photoshop but if anything is not quite right please tell me! It was my first time using a DSLR so I didn't know what half the buttons did...Anyway withouy further a due here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next photos are of a Spitfire at BBMF (Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight) using a wide angle lens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the last one is of my model Porsche in studio, although not the best shot in the world shows a cool technique using a torch to create the light effect and increasing the exposure to about 15 seconds. Its not pin sharp but we didn't really care at the time but it shows a cool effect.

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy!​

17. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

thats not leeming is it?

18. Speedster502

Speedster502 Premium

No, its RAF Coningsby. :) Although it may be a Tornado from Leeming but I don't know. I just took photos :sly:

19. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

Could be Coningsby disbanded thier F2's a couple of years back in favour of Eurofighters and Leeming and Leuchars still use them although Coningsby does have a reserve squ with F2/3's.

My dad's based at Leeming always loved being on the bases it was strange though as they are all like mini towns so you dont really have a need to leave the bases as everything is there.

20. Loon

Loon

The 3rd, and 4th shots are very stunning. And the Porsche is in a category of its own, very cool composition and effects.

21. Speedster502

Speedster502 Premium

Thats always a possibility, I forgot that 41 Squadron at Coningsby still runs Harriers and Tornado's. Again today, I saw one of the two Tornados at the Families Day which ran all day today. I got a couple of other shots as well which are currently being processed.

Thanks, its much appreciated. :tup:

22. exigeracer

exigeracer

Word :tup:

Somehow I don't really like the effect all the Lightroom postpro has on non-car shots. I like the composition of this photo, but the editing just doesn't seem to do it for me. Maybe I'll play around with the levels to try and stray from the effect I give my car shots.

[​IMG]

23. Dead_Poetic

Dead_Poetic

That photo seems boring and mundane to me. Composition is good, subject matter is lacking. Now, place a ferrari in the lower left hand corner, and we're good to go. haha.

24. TB

TB Moderator

A few shots after a storm that just went through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. STLbarcelona5

STLbarcelona5

My architecture project from last quarter on our rooftop garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Pebb

Pebb

Here is a bunch of shots I took, which should make Speedster502 happy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Dougboy

Dougboy

Just a pic from last night. Whoevers head that was on the bottom ruined the pic

[​IMG]

28. Moglet

Moglet Premium

Been messing about with a fake HDR effect, I can't get the balance right though, it keeps making them look like they've been puked on. :lol: Interesting though, I guess;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. breakpoint

breakpoint Premium

I haven't done anything in a long time so i got out my camera yesterday and took a few. I really wish i had a macro lens, i can't get too close to anything:indiff: What is weird is that one the pic of the fly laying there dead is that there were about 5 ants around it and 2 on top of it eating it and you can't see them, strange.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

and the "positive" picture.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.