The "Rate My Photo" thread! **Read the OP Before You Post**

• Thread starter MSD Drifter
  • 2,388 comments
^
Overall a very solid shot...the sense of speed is fine because it's not supposed to look like it's blazing through the city and the overall tone is a bit grey but I still like the shot
SOLID 8.5/10

Tokyo R246_29 by driftinziggy, on Flickr

I think it's a bit too under saturated.. feedback welcome

^
Overall a very solid shot...the sense of speed is fine because it's not supposed to look like it's blazing through the city and the overall tone is a bit grey but I still like the shot
SOLID 8.5/10

Tokyo R246_29 by driftinziggy, on Flickr

I think it's a bit too under saturated.. feedback welcome

The sense of action is superb! Great choice using mode 1. I love how it looks as if the R32 is drifting through a corner, although if you look deep enough, it seems like it's a straight and not a corner. :P

The composition as said before, is exceptional, giving the picture a great sense of action. Although, IMHO, you could give a bit more space between the car and the right-side frame, to give more room for movement.

The focus, however should be on the right headlight instead of the left headlight, as it's main the main centre of attention, and is what catches your eye first. To have the focus on the far side is pretty distracting. It upsets the dynamics and ruins your photo quite a bit.

The tonal work is amazing, the under-saturation gives off a very nice '90s feel, and with the R32, gives off a very nice mood. It also feels like a a 5AM drifting scene, which I come to like quite very much.

Nice job, great sense of action, great tonal work, neat composition, but the incorrect focus brought it down. 8.5/10

@Taiga

1. I don't know what is the main subject of the picture. It looks to me a bit dark in the bottom so I think you wanted to show the cope and its reflections on both Zonda and the plane. (I can't find any focal point so I guess its everywhere :D)

2. I would give a little more space in the bottom left corner of the image and maybe position the camera a bit more up to avoid the "contact" between the car, the "glass box" in the backgroud and the plane, if you know what I mean. :)

I think you're capable of doing a lot better but its a nice shot. 7.5/10

Love the angles with the 2 cars and the angle of the camera. Nice tones too, but i think you overexaggerated on the sharpness mate where i can see the inperfections... so its 8.5/10:)

^
I really like the screen that you have. I do not believe anything is wrong and the only thing i could think to suggets would be perhaps a little more blur or f# so the background was a little more blurred. I blame PD for the background though XD. But if the environment was as detailed as the cars, not so sure how that would run on the ps3. 9.1/10 the .1 is b.c i love the celica rally car :)

romew.jpg

nrburgringnordschleifeh.jpg

No edits...yet.

^would edit if i was good with photoshop XD

Last edited:
^ 1st photo needs a little more detail. The selling point of this pic should be the wheels/ street. You gonna have to edit your way outta this one. Bring her back & let us see. 6/10. 2nd pic... That sky is heavenly, as I gaze down to the action, I see lots of blue...Morningtime! For a Non-edit, it's doable. -7/10, mostly for that sky you have there. IMO

Alright, rip me a new one, I need this.
8360014558_a267202de0_b.jpg

Last edited:
^ 1st photo needs a little more detail. The selling point of this pic should be the wheels/ street. You gonna have to edit your way outta this one. Bring her back & let us see. 6/10. 2nd pic... That sky is heavenly, as I gaze down to the action, I see lots of blue...Morningtime! For a Non-edit, it's doable. -7/10, mostly for that sky you have there. IMO

Alright, rip me a new one, I need this.
8360014558_a267202de0_b.jpg

This is my first, but I'll give it a shot. I give this a 8/10. I think the wheels could've been turned toward the camera a bit and the angle could've been broader. The biggest if that my attention wasn't grabbed with the car, it was the fans, to enhance the car, the f# probably could've been lower. I also think that at the angle you have the car the barriers clash with the orange paint job. I love the reflection off the wheels though, looks really good, I feel that a broader image might place the barrier in a better place on the car. Overall a very good shot. I feel as if I am picking on very minute details.
Now here are mine. And be honest

Eiger Nordwand K Trail_7 by saxplayer1998, on Flickr

Superspeedway - Daytona_11 by saxplayer1998, on Flickr

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_3 by saxplayer1998, on Flickr

1. I like how it is set up but, the filter gives the picture a kind of bad colour i don't like the way it looks but anyway it is a good miniature shot 6/10

2. Nice feel to it, looks verry clean and realistic. 8/10

3. This one just looks verry Real imo, i just don't like how the both ferraris in the back are cut out like that, it could be better but all in all 7/10 👍

Here some of mine~

481319_118471678325917_1295658585_n.jpg

397616_118471648325920_1516828121_n.jpg

1. I like how it is set up but, the filter gives the picture a kind of bad colour i don't like the way it looks but anyway it is a good miniature shot 6/10

2. Nice feel to it, looks verry clean and realistic. 8/10

3. This one just looks verry Real imo, i just don't like how the both ferraris in the back are cut out like that, it could be better but all in all 7/10 👍

Here some of mine~

Shot 1, 6/10. The focus is is the wrong place for me, also the exposure time could be raised a bit to get a bit more definition in the shots.

Shot 2, 9/10. I really like this shot, everything works for me. The focus is right, the exposure is just high enough to give a nice crisp image without losing the sense of speed.

Here's mine;
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaferrari430_zpsf67f2c76.jpg

Here's mine;
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaferrari430_zpsf67f2c76.jpg

The picture IMO is a 6/10, that's because I see a glaring issue which I will get to later. The sense of speed first off, is phenomenal, the location choice is phenomenal and the way you painted the car and chose its rims fit each other and the track and the lighting. My problem is that it is hard to look at, there is too much going on in the background and the car isn't at clear as it probably could be, it doesn't look like focus has been used and the f# IMO is too low, something that's that close to the car (grandstands) should be a bit clearer.

Here;s my next ones:

Nürburgring Nordschleife by saxplayer1998, on Flickr

Nürburgring GP_F_4 by saxplayer1998, on Flickr

Suzuka Circuit East Course_1 by saxplayer1998, on Flickr

6.5/10 for the last one. Could be better going sideways:).

Here is my pic in HD

Tonal work is absolutely amazing. The light blue-green hue of the image goes very well with the red on the car.
The red of the subject brings the 'pop' back into the photo with the mellow toning around.
The slight desaturation is looking really nice as well.
The toning does bring forth a mood that is worth mentioning; an early dawn drive fits the title.

The composition, while faultless, could be improved a little by shifting the car a little more towards the right frame, allowing more space in front of the car to allow the eyes to roam a little. But it's just a personal preference, so no biggie there! Aperture is just about right there, really liking how the background looks.

I especially love how the shot is in stasis and not in motion.
I don't know, but it just feels right that the Corvette is stopped and not moving, fits the mood and tones really well.

The only improvement (other than framing) I could picture in my mind would be to zoom the camera back a little, and shot it at a little more to the rear, but that's just in my opinion.

Breathtaking job on toning, it really captures the eye, or my eye in the least.

8.5/10

My turn. :)

^ 9.5/10

The only little thing that bugs me is the composition. Your objective was to show the detail in the front of the car and not the "environment" but this type of composition if great to show a bit of the background (that red "thing"doesn't fit well). It's a personal taste... maybe a narrow aperture would get a 10/10. :)

All this just to say it's an AMAZING shot! Not your best for sure, but as usual, great. 👍

You will have to use a photo sharing site like photobucket or another like the same. Then get the image link with the IMG tags and copy and paste them to here.

TrialMountainCircuit_2c7_zpsd7cff43c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

love this shot the overhead shot with the tress reflecting on the roof while u have kept the track moving so you can see the car is at speed. i like this for the fact that you can look at the main image the car and think wow good shot with out been detracted by the background or anythin els. 9.5/10

love this shot the overhead shot with the tress reflecting on the roof while u have kept the track moving so you can see the car is at speed. i like this for the fact that you can look at the main image the car and think wow good shot with out been detracted by the background or anythin els. 9.5/10

Wow, thanks mate. Really appreciate that.

AhrweilerGate_zpsbcdcdcf6.jpg
LFA what you think my 1st photo on photobucket :)

5/10, I love the thought and the way the car is setup, I also like the camera angle. I can't get past; however, the clarity, to me it feels very blurry compared to the background. Did you use the autofocus? and you mught have your f# set too high

Really like that shot, though I think maybe it would be nicer if there was maybe some more action going on, or a little less sky. That pit sign doesn't help, but not taking anything off for that. 8.5/10

How's this?
Kyoto%20-%20Gion_9_edit.jpg

How's this?
Kyoto%20-%20Gion_9_edit.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I love this looks like it belongs pined up on a bedroom or garage wall. only bad point is the R8 could be a little brighter. but other than that its perfect. 9.5/10

what you think to this standard gt5 picture
Kyoto-Gion_7_zps2fdeeab1.jpg

8/10

A good picture, but, in my opinion, it would be a better one if you have just focused on car, not on the background, too. Or if you have positioned the car closer to the camera.

@shaggy5524
Very simple picture, it is pretty good, 7.5/10.

And mine? :)
1SdQW.jpg

Back