The "Rate My Photo" thread! **Read the OP Before You Post**

• Thread starter MSD Drifter
  • 2,388 comments
I give you an 8.7. :) Love the mood in the picture, it really goes well with the choice of car. Clearly shows what true driving passion is. Only you could 've improved the composition then it would be even better. đź‘Ť

Alfa by DocArmor98, on Flickr

1SdQW.jpg

i love the pic, the sky is beautiful and the car looks fantastic to say its a car sometime its about more then just the car as you have show. good seance of speed as well the car is positioned just right in my opinion. job well done mate
9.5/10

Thank you GTracer98!

Well, composition is what bothers 95% of people when taking a picture. But sometimes, you just think it was the best you could possibly do with a composition at the moment. Moreover, you can't be very objective when rating your own picture, so you think it's eye-catching, even though sometimes it is awful. So, you come to this thread:)

Give you a 9 out of 10. Love the colours, contrast between red and black. Good thing you set your headlights on, it gives a picture much more personality, if I could say it that way. But, I can't escape the feeling something is missing to the right...
Maybe it is because of the composition?:D:D

@shaggy
Thank you, appreciate it :)

8/10

A good picture, but, in my opinion, it would be a better one if you have just focused on car, not on the background, too. Or if you have positioned the car closer to the camera.

Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

Thank you GTracer98!

Well, composition is what bothers 95% of people when taking a picture. But sometimes, you just think it was the best you could possibly do with a composition at the moment. Moreover, you can't be very objective when rating your own picture, so you think it's eye-catching, even though sometimes it is awful. So, you come to this thread:)

Give you a 9 out of 10. Love the colours, contrast between red and black. Good thing you set your headlights on, it gives a picture much more personality, if I could say it that way. But, I can't escape the feeling something is missing to the right...
Maybe it is because of the composition?:D:D

@shaggy
Thank you, appreciate it :)

So true! :D Thanks for the feedback!

MatheusSideways 9.0/10 I dont know much about photography, but I really like that photo, I wouldnt change anything.

My pictures:
SpecialStageRouteX.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Hello Filip!

I see you are from Croatia, nice to see another Croat!

Dont use too much cool effect, especially when having a dark coloured car. Second picture is too dark in my opinion. Furthermore, i don't feel any speed/motion. Otherwise it would be a decent picture. For a starter like you, i'll give you 7.5/10. (Za poticaj :)))

An 8.0. Maybe a bit harsh but knowing your skills (which are truly great!) I think you could have done better with the composition and toning. It kinda lacks some wow factor. ;) Of course, everyone has a different taste.

The Dark Forests by DocArmor98, on Flickr

Tone and mood are perfect, the sparkle on the lights are great. Not much sense of speed and would've loved the GT watermark removed. 8.5/10

C7

Love all the different lighting elements. Great shot! 9.5/10
*Blitz Skyline pic

It's very dark and the overall composition could be better..I've seen some of your other shots and this one could be better given your ability.. I would think earlier in the evening where you still have more light but the neons are still glowing and taken from further in front of the car would improve the shot.. I give it a 5/10

This one is unedited at this point

Superspeedway - Daytona_9 by driftinziggy, on Flickr

It's very dark and the overall composition could be better..I've seen some of your other shots and this one could be better given your ability.. I would think earlier in the evening where you still have more light but the neons are still glowing and taken from further in front of the car would improve the shot.. I give it a 5/10

Thank you for the honesty. That alone is very much appreciated. Taking a "look through your eyes", and taking away my bias, I can see exactly what you mean. It is a dark and rather bland. I plan on using your advice, and taking my shots to the next level. Thank you again. :cheers:

Give me feedback and tell me what I can do to make this look more real. I used Photoshop CS2 for this.

*Pic

If you would like a rating and feedback you must first do the same for the picture posted before yours(my NASCAR shot)..it's the rules of the thread

Give me feedback and tell me what I can do to make this look more real. I used Photoshop CS2 for this.

`image`

7/10
It looks a bit too dark to me. Sense of speed is good... as far as composition goes I think it would look better if the car wasn't in the center of the photo.. perhaps to the right?

For feedback:

Only thing that is bugging me is when you're in full size the bottom door line is really pixelated :dunce: Otherwise picture is perfect. 9.99/10 :P
Love the vintage vibe it gives off, cropping is nice too

I think It's pretty good...
8409811209_32481e7042_b.jpg

Pretty neat picture. The cool toning suggests a mood of a misty early morning test drive. The blue isn't overwhelming and it sure isn't lacking, so props to you on the toning department. However, the roof of the 787B looks to be a bit over-exposed, but that might most likely be due to the chrome roof the car has, so no biggie.

It looks like the photo was taken from afar, and suggests a bystander behind the guard rail taking the photo. While that itself is a pretty neat concept, the photo would've benefit from a lower f/number, say f/2.0 or f/2.8. A little bokeh would be nice too.

The lack of motion also killed it a little, the way the car was positioned actually looks as if it was moving, and not static.

Composition looks alright, with the rule of thirds being obeyed in the photo.
I especially like how you've managed to capture the side of the car with the rear still being the main focus. However, while composition being faultless, it isn't something people would go drooling or 'wow' at as it looks a little standard. Try tilting the camera more to allow for a steeper, wackier angle, or some other new compositions that makes your photo stand out from the rest.
But nonetheless, good job on the already good composition.

You've improved quite a bit since your first picture, so đź‘Ť to you. :)

7/10- Great toning, good mood, good composition, but lack of motion brought it down.

Here's mine:

Wow Taiga, your feedback is always so incredibly well constructed and helps to improve a lot! :)

OK, voting yours, I think I'd give a 9.5. Love the idea, the composition, toning but I kinda don't like the super-exposed right side, draws a bit too much attention. But that's just me anyway. I still like this kind of shots: two cars parked and a bit of writing on one side. :)

Modernism by DocArmor98, on Flickr

Back